• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

piyooshj

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have two DVC suites reserved in different resorts one in Animal Kingdom and the other in Boardwalk Villas. I will be taking my friends family with me to stay in one of those suites.

Since I will be available in person during those dates do I need to purchase a RCI gift certificate?

piyooshj

TUG Member
Reaction score
As long as you can list yourself on both rooms, you should be fine.
DVC is saying I need to list the names of people who would actually be staying in the room. I asked that they list my wife's name but they are refusing to do that and asked me to buy a RCI gift certificate. I feel this is unnecessary since we are basically one group.

rahulgopi

TUG Member
Reaction score
if you are physically present during checkin, guest cert is not required. I have done this before sow them my ID and friend used his credit card for incidentals etc.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Call back and get another agent. Don't tell them you have another room. The only issue would be if you have too many people in one room and you exceed occupancy limits. In that case list your wife in the other room, and one of the other guests in your room.

Why are they wanting the guest names prior to check in? Are you planning on using the bus offered from the airport?

piyooshj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Call back and get another agent. Don't tell them you have another room. The only issue would be if you have too many people in one room and you exceed occupancy limits. In that case list your wife in the other room, and one of the other guests in your room.

Why are they wanting the guest names prior to check in? Are you planning on using the bus offered from the airport?

Yes, we want to use Disney magical express. Our family is flying in by different airline (we are flying american and they are flying United) so we will be reaching at different time. Initially this is what I did put my wife's name on the other room (since both of us are on Hilton deed) apparently RCI only send DVC my name so both the rooms are in my name. They will be reaching couple hours before we do, while I dont want to unnecessarily pay the guest cert fee since I will be in town for the entire duration but also don't want to inconvenience and they get stuck waiting at the lobby for checkin (since room is in my or my wife's name). Seems like getting the guest certificate is the only easy option?

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Curious, how long did you have the search going before getting the units?

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Did you make the classic mistake of telling them that you would not be occupying both units, or did they figure it out on their own, since cloning has not yet been perfected?

IMHO, a GC is not an unreasonable demand. At least that way, you'd be off the hook for damages, and your "friends" would be liable. Considering the amount of $$ you're spending on this trip, one GV is small potatoes.

piyooshj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Curious, how long did you have the search going before getting the units?

I think my searches were aged around 1.5-2 yrs.

piyooshj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you make the classic mistake of telling them that you would not be occupying both units, or did they figure it out on their own, since cloning has not yet been perfected?

IMHO, a GC is not an unreasonable demand. At least that way, you'd be off the hook for damages, and your "friends" would be liable. Considering the amount of $$ you're spending on this trip, one GV is small potatoes.

I kind of told them the fact that I have two rooms and my friend and my family are traveling together.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why are they wanting the guest names prior to check in?
Disney has recently insisted on knowing all guest names in advance---maybe for the last year or two. From the Urgent Information (and yes it is in all-caps):

CALL DVC MEMBER SERVICES AT 800-800-9800 NO SOONER THAN 72 HOURS AFTER CONFIRMING AND NO LATER THAN 48 HOURS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL TO ADD ALL GUEST NAMES, ALL NAMES MUST BE ADDED IN ADVANCE.​

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Yes, we want to use Disney magical express. Our family is flying in by different airline (we are flying american and they are flying United) so we will be reaching at different time. Initially this is what I did put my wife's name on the other room (since both of us are on Hilton deed) apparently RCI only send DVC my name so both the rooms are in my name. They will be reaching couple hours before we do, while I dont want to unnecessarily pay the guest cert fee since I will be in town for the entire duration but also don't want to inconvenience and they get stuck waiting at the lobby for checkin (since room is in my or my wife's name). Seems like getting the guest certificate is the only easy option?

Disney will send you MagicBands prior to your stay. If you do online check-in, your friends should be able to go straight to the unit and bypass the front desk entirely. This is assuming that they have the MagicBands - never having exchanged for two concurrent units, I don't know if all the bands for both units will be shipped to you or if they will ship the second unit's to another address. But you could get them the bands in the event all are shipped to you. This is another reason they want all the names, so that each MagicBand is assigned and customized to a discrete individual.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
since your guest are arriving before you, you are correct that you must get a GC, if you don't want them to wait. If you want to let them wait then swapping names with wife and another guest would work.