• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Durban Sand Levy Contact person

ivysun99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Could anyone give me the contact information for the person I need to contact to pay our Durban Sand levy? Thank you!

BarCol

TUG Member
Reaction score
DS levy contact is Tracey Maharaj unless they've done another re-org...

traceym@firstresorts.co.za

Keep in mind it's sometime difficult to get a resonse and the whole country tends to be on vacation until about January 9, this year...

Last edited:

martyap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just received a newsletter and updated bill/statement in the mail today.
New manager and Tracey M. still handles levies.

Now I just have to figure out their accounting.

Marty :confused:

BarCol

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ahh Marty, I was wondering when that levy statement would arrive on our doorstep and if you're received yours then they appear to be trickling in. Can't wait to see what it says - particularly since there was that letter about needing to undertake a "special levy" for increased housekeeping services that we got about the middle of the year - which I assume the rest of us will get hit with starting this year.....and you're right - those statements are always written in some obscure code - in fact all timeshare statements are written in code to me....

ivysun99

TUG Member
Reaction score
i haven't heard back from tracy (the contact person for levy). But i did receive the statment. How do you all usually pay? By check/credit card? Is it safe to use credit card? Thank you!

Twhelan2000

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Contact person Durban Sands

I received the statement from Durban Sands and tried to contact Tracey (12/31/2005)- I have received no response. Has anyone had any luck in contacting them?

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
I've been unable to reach Tracey or First Resorts. Yesterday I sent a follow-up email to info@firstresorts.co.za and haven't had a response.

Last year I received a prompt response from Tracey and everything went just great. Nothing this year. :(

Lita

TUG Member
Reaction score
Twhelan2000 said:
I received the statement from Durban Sands and tried to contact Tracey (12/31/2005)- I have received no response. Has anyone had any luck in contacting them?

I've not heard back from Tracey, but I sent an email to pay the increase and see that a $67 charge on my credit cards was made. Obviously she gets the emails, but doesn't respond directly to them.

martyap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Her responses are few and far between. Try resending and marking
"SECOND REQUEST-LEVY PAYMENT" in the subject line.

When I have connected I have always paid via credit card w/o any problem.
I received a reply from her two days ago so she is around. You would think since they increased us so much they would be eager to collect!

Marty

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Has anyone heard from Tracey yet?

Still nothing here. :confused:

Twhelan2000

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Contact Durban Sands

I have sent 3 emails - no response. I received the levy statement and am trying to clarify so I can make payment. Last yr I had no problem contacting Tracey, she was very prompt in replying- anyone have a better contact? You would think they would respond so they could collect their money!

EvelynK72

TUG Member
Reaction score
which email account?

Twhelan2000 said:
I have sent 3 emails - no response. I received the levy statement and am trying to clarify so I can make payment. Last yr I had no problem contacting Tracey, she was very prompt in replying- anyone have a better contact? You would think they would respond so they could collect their money!

Are you using a yahoo or hotmail account to email South Africa? If so, try using another email account. I recall that in the past, some people had trouble emailing SA using these accounts because it it perceived as spam at the SA end.

Evelyn

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I finally gave up trying to contact them by email. I mailed the credit card form that came with the levy statement. It will be interesting to see how long it takes to show up on my credit card account. I included a note that I would rather do this by email, but since no one would respond, I was mailing it. By the way, the standard airmail rate is $.84. I could have sent it global express for around $30, but declined. They will just have to wait for it.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A couple of days ago I sent an email to the webmaster of the First Resorts website with a copy to Tracey. (webmaster@firstresorts.co.za ; traceym@firstresorts.co.za) Today I got an email from Tracey saying this was the first time she's gotten an email from me.

I sent her a link to this thread showing that a lot of people have had trouble contacting her. Hopefully, whatever the problem was, they have worked it out.

sweetbir

TUG Member
Reaction score
Replies form Tracey

I emailed her yesterday with my credit card info but forgot to include thw Exp date and the security code and heard back form her today.

I think they are back from holiday now.

Heidi

Bernie8245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just sent my 3rd e-mail to Tracey trying to pay my 2007 levies. This time I did what Karen said she did and sent one to webmaster of first resorts. The first 2 e-mails I recieved no replies to but yesterday I received a reply from webmaster that my last e-mail had been recieved. Hopefully this will finally get resolved. Thanks, Karen.
Bernie

mike130

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was trying for two months, via email, to pay my levys. I gave up. Last Thursday I faxed my info to them, followed by a phone call to confirm and the charges appeared on my credit card that day. Dealing with First Resorts I think faxing is the way to go. It's faster, cheep (cost me 36 cents, 1 minutes to fax, three minutes to comfirm @ 9 cents per minute) and also more secure, I don't want my credit card info bouncing around the internet.

Last edited: