• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Dulles Airport Experts

JMSH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Travelling Buffalo to Aruba via Washington/Dulles Feb. 1,2009. Layover time in Washington is 1 hour. Will that be adequate to make connections?

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't risk it. In theory, it's plenty of time, even though you might well have to take the shuttle to a different terminal. However, a bit of snow or a slightly delayed aircraft from Buffalo could put your travel plans in disarray. Thus, I would take an earlier flight from Buffalo, even though you might have to wait several hours in Dulles for your connection.

JMSH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well it is the first flight out of Buffalo at 6:05am. United Airlines changed the time out of Washington from 9:30am to 8:30am and hence now our layover is only 1 hour as oppose to 2 hours. I might see about flying out the night before from Buffalo and stay over in Washington. In view of the fact that the airline made the change I would think I could make this adjustment at no cost.

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Dulles is a large airport, it would depend on where the gates are in relation to each other. I'd say 2 hours is a comforatable layover time at the larger airports.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Younger dd flies in and out of Dulles several times a year getting back and forth to school. Even changing terminals she's made it easily in an hour, and sometimes even less. She even has time to stop and buy something to eat.

Jimster

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dulles

I fly in and out of Dulles 5 or 6 times a year. As mentioned above it is a very big airport and 1 hour doesn't seem like enough time. While yours is a connecting flight and not likely to be subject to this, I was once denied boarding because i did not check in 45 minutes ahead of time. Dulles and National are more picky than most airports since 9/11 because DC was a target. They have/had specific regulations unique to them. If you have too much time there you can always take the free shuttle to the air/space museum annex.

somerville

TUG Member
Reaction score
As long as your flight out of Buffalo is on time, you should not have a problem making your connection, even if you have to change terminals. Most United flights use the C and D terminals, which are in the same building. Many of the United Express flights use the A terminal. The shuttles between the terminals run every few minutes.