• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Does Ocean Pointe (MPB) really rent this cheap?

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is an ad on Redweek for a 3BR unit at Ocean Pointe for Presidents week. The asking rental price is $1,540! Aren't ALL 3BR units ocean front? This sure seems cheap for the besst unit and what well may be the most highly sought after week of the year at this resort. IMO

Terry

tombo

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
It will actually rent for cheaper than that. If you read on down in the ad it says make us an offer. Right now with this economy I would bet money that they would gladly take $1000 for the week.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope it's a legitimate ad and they do in fact own the unit they are trying to rent as I have heard of scam rentals out there.

The other possibility is that they need to generate some quick cash and that is why it is priced the way it is.

In reading the ad carefully you will see it is for Grande Vista and not Ocean Pointe as the original post indicated, so it may in fact be fairly priced.

Last edited:

Larry

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope it's a legitimate ad and they do in fact own the unit they are trying to rent as I have heard of scam rentals out there.

The other possibility is that they need to generate some quick cash and that is why it is priced the way it is.

In reading the ad carefully you will see it is for Grande Vista and not Ocean Pointe as the original post indicated, so it may in fact be fairly priced.

OK this is clearly Grande Vista not Ocean Point ( don't now how it could be confused since ad listed in bold as Grande Vista) and at $1540 is about average asking price and I agree could be had for less, with any offer at a anywhere between $1,000-$1,400. :shrug:

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
OK this is clearly Grande Vista not Ocean Point ( don't now how it could be confused since ad listed in bold as Grande Vista) and at $1540 is about average asking price and I agree could be had for less, with any offer at a anywhere between $1,000-$1,400. :shrug:

OK Let me clear this up. I was looking at a cheaply priced 3BR Grande Vista for sale on the internet. In order to evaluate the GV purchase price, I decided to call Marriott and ask a few questions about availability at Ocean Pointe - using the Florida Club option. Marriott told me that there was plenty of 3BR availability at Ocean Pointe for various dates.

Next I went to Redweek to determine what these OP weeks rent for and somehow ended up on the GV page - OOPS. Boy was I surprised when I saw those cheap OP rental rates (listed on the GV page). :eek:

Terry

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
OK Let me clear this up. I was looking at a cheaply priced 3BR Grande Vista for sale on the internet. In order to evaluate the GV purchase price, I decided to call Marriott and ask a few questions about availability at Ocean Pointe - using the Florida Club option. Marriott told me that there was plenty of 3BR availability at Ocean Pointe for various dates.

Next I went to Redweek to determine what these OP weeks rent for and somehow ended up on the GV page - OOPS. Boy was I surprised when I saw those cheap OP rental rates (listed on the GV page). :eek:

Terry

You have to watch that statement "for various dates." Those various dates may well all be in Silver season. Platinum season has had a pretty high owner occupancy for several years. I'm not certain how that's working now but, it's not always that easy to get the week you want in Platinum season. For that matter I've seen good availability via exchange during Gold season for ocean front units.

For that matter, May seems to have been a tough month to reserve this year for Silver season owners. I know that there wasn't a lot of availabilty when I looked using the master suite of my 3 bedroom unit. There was 1 May week available with a Thurs. check in last time I looked (about a week ago). There was plenty of availability for Sept. and Oct. I've never had a problem reserving a week in November or December when we like to go.