• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Do you know the DC stats for your resort?

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am wondering what resorts have met the projected 20% enrollment in the DC and what the percentage of weeks have been deposited for DC points.

Thanks

Mamianka

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is the kind of thing that my DH asks me - thinking that since I read here, I must *know it all*. I hate to burst his bubble, but this kind of statistic I am sure in held closely to the vests of the Marriott folks. They will *round up* and speak in sweeping terms - but we will never know. I do not even think that all their employees know - as is the case in many other industries. We can guess, surmise, assume - but even those really Smarties here who are CPAs and attorneys, and know how to read between the lines of the corporate stuff they locate, will tell you that their is much legerdemain and obfuscation. But then - Marriott does not know every detail about US, either, except that we are willing to spend a certain mount of money to participate - and most of us have our limits. Heck, we cannot even get them to tell us for certain, when MGC is going to be finished - if ever - and they do not have to tell us, either, I guess.

jimf41

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you look at the poll in the stickies almost 40% of TUG folks have or will join. Since the poll hasn't been updated to reflect all those who said "NO" initially but later changed their mind and joined I would guess that the number among Tuggers is closer to 50%.

But that's not the important number. The important number is how many folks are buying Trust points. I don't see a lot of Tuggers participating in that offering. Without Trust point buyers the system will fail IMO.

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was also curious after our presentation last week at Surf Watch so I wrote to our sales rep and asked these questions:

1. What percent of Marriott Vacation Owners of weeks have enrolled in
the Destination Club to date?

2. What percent of those are multiple weeks owners vs. single week
owners?

3. What percent of MVC owners have also purchased points (I've heard
that people are enrolling but not buying points).

4. What is the current ratio of owners, i.e. how many are weeks owners
vs. how many just are points owners?

5. Will there be a cap on how many owners they enroll who are just
points owners?

He did not answer them, this is what he sent back:

Hi Diane,

Here are some numbers for you as of October 2011

177,507 weeks enrolled
48,399 future villa reservations
52,790 Completed vill stays
38,533 Banking transactions
24,761 Borrowing Transactions
1,314 Transfers
96.5% Owner satisfaction score for reservations with the new points system

So I wrote back and asked for answers to my questions:

Hi Diane,

I can tell you that these numbers are always changing. We see about 85% of owners at our site and sell up to 300,000 in points a day. So the rumor that a lot of owners aren't buying points is not true.
We haven't been updated on the latest numbers of enrolled. Last I heard it was around 25% of owners.

I'm hoping to find someone who can give me the answers.

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Do the Board members at each resort know these stats?