• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Do you ever dream about TUG?

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
The other night I had a vivid and very realistic seeming dream: A large crew of Romanian workers descended on my house and started remodeling projects in every room. I tried to stop them and even called the police, who said they couldn't do anything. They were ripping down walls, changing paint colors, redoing the floorplan of the whole house.

When they were done they demanded an exorbitant amount of money. As I was waking up then, I remember thinking I'd better go on TUG and see if anyone else had been the victim of the Romanian Remodeling Scam!

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

OMG - sounds like one of my detailed dreams!
No TUG in them yet, but now that the suggestion has been planted.....

:hysterical: :rofl: :hysterical: :rofl: :hysterical:

I wonder to what extent the thread about the busy neighbors led to your big crew of Romanian Remodelers and calling the police?

Last edited:

Pit

TUG Member
Reaction score
Very funny. Just wondering, how did you know they were Romainian?

silvib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh dear - has this happened because you're a Moderator and spend a lot of time on the site? As mentioned, how did you know they were Romanian? You never know, you may have ancestors from way back ....... stranger things have happened. I've seen things on tv where people are hipnotized and can be heard speaking another language that they don't normally speak.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
how did you know they were Romainian?
Somehow, in your dreams you just "know" things--but these guys did have accents and were dressed like they were from the "old country." I've encountered Romanians before, and they spoke with the same accent the guys in my dream were speaking.

I can't remember if I read Denise's post about her neighbors before or after my dream.

Someone asked me what I had been watching on tv before I went to bed and it was one of our favorite movies "Somethings Gotta Give" with Jack Nicholson and Diane Keaton. Nothing seems to relate to the movie. I also had a couple of Cosmopolitan drinks and was feeling pretty mellow, so maybe that had some effect.

At any rate, it seemed so real and seemed like something I should ask Tuggers about. I even Googled it (before this post) and didn't come up with anything. I just now Googled it and this thread was the first listing!

Last edited:

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Karen,
I don't dream about TUG, but I often think, "Gee, I'll ask for advice on TUG," cause there are so many people here who are willing to share their knowledge and life experiences.

I've never not gotten the help I needed.

Fern

stmartinfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
I haven't dreamt about TUG yet, but I used to work on a small team that put on a big event every two years. It was a large undertaking with lots of details, hundreds of important guests traveling in for a couple of days, and much potential for things to go wrong. Everyone on the team knew we'd reached the "stress point" when people started reporting that they were having dreams involving our event. Often it was about something unexpected that had gone wrong - and the dreams all seemed too real! It happened every time, and we'd warn new team members about it. They usually laughed about the idea - until they had their first dream, too!

pammex

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh dear - has this happened because you're a Moderator and spend a lot of time on the site? As mentioned, how did you know they were Romanian? You never know, you may have ancestors from way back ....... stranger things have happened. I've seen things on tv where people are hipnotized and can be heard speaking another language that they don't normally speak.

Well I wish someone would hypnotize me to speak fluent spanish...I can speak but am not fluent and man I am sick of studying and saying things wrong...now I am going hunting for a Mexican hypnotist...

Hmm...I never dream about TUG and now that I think of it I rarely dream...I'll probably have a nightmare tonight!! LOL

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've never not gotten the help I needed.

Fern, that's one of the saddest things I've read here on TUG! I know you've helped dozens, if not hundreds, of people here on TUG. I consider myself one of them. Heck, I found TUG by first finding your cafe.

I know I'll make a point of looking for any post of yours that asks for help. (No stretch, since I always look for your posts anyway, since you're a fount of knowledge). I only hope I can help you in some small way if the occasion arises.

-Bob

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fern, that's one of the saddest things I've read here on TUG!
Bob, I think you misinterpreted Fern's post. She said she had never
NOT gotten help when she asked for it. The double negative "never NOT" means she has ALWAYS gotten help.:)

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Oops :doh:

As Emily Litella would say -- nevermind!

-Bob :eek:

Last edited:

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
You know, when I wrote "never not" I thought about it, but I had a brain f*rt and couldn't think of a better way to say it. What I should have said was:
"I always get help on TUG when I need it, no matter the subject. Its amazing the wealth of knowledge here!"
Fern

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
"I always get help on TUG when I need it, no matter the subject. Its amazing the wealth of knowledge here!"
Fern
I totally agree, Fern. I've learned so much on TUG and I so appreciate all the participants and contributors.:clap:

pammex

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
I too have learned so much on TUG ad laways get help, thanks to all!

I am not dreaming about TUG yet though......and I did not have any nightmares...LOL.

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
The other night I had a vivid and very realistic seeming dream: A large crew of Romanian workers descended on my house and started remodeling projects in every room. I tried to stop them and even called the police, who said they couldn't do anything. They were ripping down walls, changing paint colors, redoing the floorplan of the whole house.

When they were done they demanded an exorbitant amount of money. As I was waking up then, I remember thinking I'd better go on TUG and see if anyone else had been the victim of the Romanian Remodeling Scam!

Are you feeling that you have lost control over your life or parts of your life and that those pulling the strings are making unreasonble demands?

I once had a dream that I was a very motherly prostitute in some port on the Caribbean. I took care of the pirate king when he came into port. My dwelling, clothes, and furnishings looked as though they had once been very opulent but were now a little frayed around the edges. When I woke up I couldn't figure out why I had dreamed such a strange dream. It finally occured to me that that is how I felt in real life. My children were the little pirates who always helped themselves to whatever they wanted. They used my hairbrush, wore my shoes, drank my Coke. The pirate king was my husband who worked out of town most of the time.

Dreams are our brains way of sifting and sorting and storing things and then replaying them back to us. I usually find it is something I've read or watched on television but occasionally I get some very meaningful symbolisms.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Are you feeling that you have lost control over your life or parts of your life and that those pulling the strings are making unreasonble demands?
No, not at all. This is actually the best time of my life.

But that's an interesting interpretation of my dream.