• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

do we have/ need an RCI points forum??

carl2591

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Joined TUG '96, Wyndham Grand Palms AKA, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, 3 bed lockout.
I see specific categories for DVC, Hilton, Starwood, Wyndham etc not can not find specific info on RCI points.

I am missing it somewhere, or do we need a specific RCI points forum.. Seeing as how many folks use RCI point I would think it own forum would be nice..

what do you think??

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
With RCI points, you have an underlying ownership at a resort, and when you use the points, you are exchanging. So the Exchanging Forum is the best place for posts about using the points for exchanges.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
There was a Points System Discussions forum that was closed and archived back in 2014. Most people now discuss RCI points in the Exchanging forum.

carl2591

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Joined TUG '96, Wyndham Grand Palms AKA, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, 3 bed lockout.
With RCI points, you have an underlying ownership at a resort, and when you use the points, you are exchanging. So the Exchanging Forum is the best place for posts about using the points for exchanges.

so how is that different than a Disney or Wyndham.. with both you own at a resort so to speak but use points. Same with RCI. A lot of newer rci resorts are points only.

I understand what you are saying but you have a week's side and a points side of RCI.. different yes, weeks and points don't work the same.

just trying to understand as I am looking to get some points here soon.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
The difference is the RCI is an exchange company, and Disney and Wyndham are not exchange companies.

To my knowledge, you cannot buy RCI points independently from an underlying resort deed. If you have an underlying deed, it's not points only.