• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Do not tour list

seussg111

TUG Member
Reaction score
So air am at Starbucks Island and went in for my owner update. At 60 mins exactly, I stood up and said I was ready to go. The sales guy said, if you leave now, you won't get your gift. I immediately pointed to my gift slip which says 60 mins, and the timer on my phone which showed 61 mins and again repeated I was ready to leave. He proceeds to tell me how I was using my phone during the group presentation and that time didn't count.

Anyway the manager came by, gave me my slip and said that I am no longer able to tour. So what does that mean? Will I no longer be harassed about a parking pass? Will I no longer be able to get free gas money?

One favorite past time of mine on vacation is screwing with sales people and getting paid for it.....

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Depends on the resort and if they denote your member number.

I believe many sales guys (and their want to be managers) ... are not the same decision makers who we owners almost NEVER see or talk to WHO can NOTE a member number with a "DO NOT TOUR" tag.

Just make nicer when you tour again and whine about the bad the body aroma the LAST GUY had. It grossed you out.

Maybe THAT will get noted on HIS RECORD.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should find a new hobby.

Kozman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wish I could get put on the do not tour list! I've been told that many times at another resort and the next time I arrived...guess what! Would you like to tour. Time will tell in your case.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I'm guessing you vacation alone. A lot!

ekajun1957

Reaction score
Never harrassed

We are offered to attend owner updates but once we refuse they generally short explantion why to go, we refuse again and done and no calls to room either. Does anyone else get treated same. Now I will say that long time ago I rescinded a contract the day after and maybe now know I won't ever sign again.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
So air am at Starbucks Island and went in for my owner update. At 60 mins exactly, I stood up and said I was ready to go. The sales guy said, if you leave now, you won't get your gift. I immediately pointed to my gift slip which says 60 mins, and the timer on my phone which showed 61 mins and again repeated I was ready to leave. He proceeds to tell me how I was using my phone during the group presentation and that time didn't count.

Anyway the manager came by, gave me my slip and said that I am no longer able to tour. So what does that mean? Will I no longer be harassed about a parking pass? Will I no longer be able to get free gas money?

One favorite past time of mine on vacation is screwing with sales people and getting paid for it.....

I like it. You are now on the "Do Not Tour List For TS."

jaygould

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are offered to attend owner updates but once we refuse they generally short explantion why to go, we refuse again and done and no calls to room either. Does anyone else get treated same. Now I will say that long time ago I rescinded a contract the day after and maybe now know I won't ever sign again.

I have rescinded four times with Wyndham and they still offer me tours.

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville

I did that last month at National Harbor and it went off during the group presentation. I thought people would cheer and thank me but all I got were frowns when I stood up announing time is up. Even my wife said to sit down and behave.

Tried it again today at La Bella Maison New Orleans .. started the timer when the presentation started this time .. didn't count the dining time because they served a really nice Cajun pasta. This time it went off during the one on one and we were soon after on our way out the door for our gift.

Bob

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
You folks have weird 'hobbies' when on vacation.

jerrybev

TUG Member
Reaction score
ft lauderdale beach resort

hi
see you own at ft. Lauderdale beach resort. Is that through Capital Resorts?
We have some Capital points and considered that resort, but it had some not so good reviews. What is your experience? May be there is a rental section and then a different timeshare section?
thanks
jerry in N.C.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
hi
see you own at ft. Lauderdale beach resort. Is that through Capital Resorts?
We have some Capital points and considered that resort, but it had some not so good reviews. What is your experience? May be there is a rental section and then a different timeshare section?
thanks
jerry in N.C.

Jerry,
No, I own Fixed Deeded weeks there. Never heard of Capital Resorts or points.

There is absolutely no different between units and rooms in this 18 floor building ... the entire building is all timeshare weeks ... managed by VRI ... one of the largest independent resort managers. 10+ years ago all the soft goods very done. Was that when some of those reviews were written?

elleny76

Reaction score
Its really a pain in the .....! everytime we go to get the parking pass these ladies don't understand what NO means!... we said NO like 10 times until we get bad face then we go..its very annoying:annoyed: I wish they can stop that.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil