• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Disney World Hasn’t Felt This Empty in Years

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
So, the summer promo 4 parks/1 day each which is dated, but not for a particular park/day does not need reservations?
Correct.

Reaction score
So, the summer promo 4 parks/1 day each which is dated, but not for a particular park/day does not need reservations?
Disney World has occasional "Good-To-Go" days when reservations are not required. But, the rest of the week, reservations are required. So, to answer your question, Summer promos and all other tickets require a reservation.

TS

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
Disney World has occasional "Good-To-Go" days when reservations are not required. But, the rest of the week, reservations are required. So, to answer your question, Summer promos and all other tickets require a reservation
I don't think that the summer promos need reservations, per WDW. But good info--as I now know that I'd need reservations for old nonexpire tickets.

No Theme Park Reservation Required
  • Date-based 1-day ticket
  • Date-based multi-day ticket
  • Vacation package with date-based tickets
  • 4-Park Magic Ticket
  • 3-Day, 3-Park Ticket

RX8

Timeshare Scam Investigator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I am here now with the 4 day, 4 park tickets. I can confirm that no reservations are required for any park, just scan and enter.

It has been a number of years for me at WDW but it seems very crowded…and hot. Today is our final day and we are at Magic Kingdom and it is especially hot and crowded. There has been no rain at all.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
Disney World has occasional "Good-To-Go" days when reservations are not required. But, the rest of the week, reservations are required. So, to answer your question, Summer promos and all other tickets require a reservation.

TS
Check the link I provided straight from disney- no reservations required…
no standard day tickets require park reservations.
AP & CMs must have park reservations- good to go days only apply to passholders!

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau

TS
No, this is wrong, they got rid of park reservations for all dated tickets, the vast majority of tickets do not need reservations any more. Those 4 park tickets specifically state that they do not need reservations, you can verify this yourself by trying to do a sample checkout.

Huskerpaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BoardWalk Villas, MVC Grande Vista & Willow Ridge, WorldMark
Good to go days are for AP holders who otherwise have to make a reservation to use their annual passes.

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just came back from a trip 6/21 - 6/30. It was dead. I have been to WDW 18 times since 2018, and 15 times post-covid and that was easily the least crowded trip we’ve had since maybe our first trip in the first week of September 2018.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just came back from a trip 6/21 - 6/30. It was dead. I have been to WDW 18 times since 2018, and 15 times post-covid and that was easily the least crowded trip we’ve had since maybe our first trip in the first week of September 2018.
Maybe it's because it's too hot to be outdoors in June/July. :)

Last edited:

cfabar1

Reaction score
The weather in Orlando has been incredibly hot.... I can see why people wouldn't want to subject themselves to being outside all day...

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Was the weather miserable?

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Was the weather miserable?
No, we caught a break I think. Average high was in the 91-93 range. It was hot, but not as bad as the week before or the week after. It was also great at night and MK was open till 11 every night.

Last edited:

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No, we caught a break I think. Average high was in the 91-93 range. It was hot, but not as bad as the week before or the week after. It was also great at night and MK was open till 11 every night.
I just checked touringplans, and our first MK day, Sunday June 23rd, they retroactively rated a crowd level 1 based on average wait times. That’s crazy. I haven’t had a crowd level 1 day since 2018. The high was 91.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You won't find me out there at 91-93 with the humidity. I do think the heat and humidity has something to do with low attendance.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
You won't find me out there at 91-93 with the humidity. I do think the heat and humidity has something to do with low attendance.
It's terrible for me, that's for sure, but we were there in late May, air was pretty dry, not much rain, and it was getting to 100 degrees. We went to the parks early for Early Magic half hour, left by 11 AM. The only time we stayed later was when Rick had a Guardians or a Tron time. Then we hung out in the shows and the DVC lounge.

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I agree that the heat in the summer is worse now than it was 5 years ago. This is still ridiculously empty though. For comparison, using touringplans, Univeral Studios FL was a crowd level 9 on June 21st and IOA was a crowd level 6. MK was a 1, and Disney parks overall were a 4.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I remember being at Disney World about 28 years ago during July 4th and while it was hot, it wasn't as unbearable. The weather has gotten way hotter now. I was out golfing this morning at 7am, high of 120 today where we live but it is dry heat, 2% humidity, but I was still quite miserable.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I remember being at Disney World about 28 years ago during July 4th and while it was hot, it wasn't as unbearable. The weather has gotten way hotter now. I was out golfing this morning at 7am, high of 120 today where we live but it is dry heat, 2% humidity, but I was still quite miserable.
Sounds like Palm Desert or Phoenix.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was there June 15-22 and besides from the two first days the parks was maybe not full but the lines were long, weather was good (good in like hot think it was like 90+).

To me the lines are long if the wait time exceeds 60min. There wasn’t any walkons.

That being said the lines was much longer June 21st and 22nd and I thought it was because of the weekend nights.

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The ideal time to ride Rise of the Resistance is after 7 PM. People head to the night shows.