• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

disney water parks

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
We are going to Disney in three weeks ( march 4th).

Is the water in the water parks heated ? will it be too cold for the water parks that early on the year.

What are the primary differences between typhoon lagoon and blizzard beach

spiceycat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Lake Towers @WDW
yes the parks are heated - all Disney swimming pools are heated.

depends upon the temperature outside. If in the 80's you will be fine - if in the 60's - you will definitely be cool getting back and forth to your car....

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pools are heated. Typhoon Lagoon is the older of the two and has the wave pool. Blizzard beach is newer and has more, better slides. Both are great! I love the lazy river at Blizzard Beach. Typhoon Lagoon also has a snorkling area that is cool.

Detailor

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
spiceycat said:
depends upon the temperature outside. If in the 80's you will be fine - if in the 60's - you will definitely be cool getting back and forth to your car....

And that range of temperatures is quite possible, too. If the air is cool it may well be unpleasant with time waiting in line for the rides or floating over the heating water along the lazy river. For those of us from the north, visiting a Disney water park can be a great time but I'd suggest that if you plan to go do it when the temperatures are at least in mid 70s. In my experience the weather usually stabilizes toward being good beach weather sometime toward the end of the week that you'll be there - but then the law of averages assumes there are both worse and better performers.

Dick Taylor

rreno

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have older kids Blizzard Beach is the park you should go to. I have 12 and 9 year old and they loved it. I have a friend that work at Disney and he has told me Blizzard Beach is more geared toward a older crowd. Weather is always uncertain in Florida anytime but May-Oct.

timetraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
We use both parks. Our biggest problem with Blizzard Beach is that there is absolutely NO shade! And that white paint.....Oy!!! It sure can be blinding on a sunny Florida day. But the water rides are certainly more thrill oriented at Blizzard Beach than Typhoon Lagoon. Typhoon Lagoon has some great rides....I don't mean to turn you off on it by any means. Plus it has alot of shady places to get out of the sun, if you are fair skinned.

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
timetraveler said:
We use both parks. Our biggest problem with Blizzard Beach is that there is absolutely NO shade! And that white paint.....Oy!!! It sure can be blinding on a sunny Florida day. But the water rides are certainly more thrill oriented at Blizzard Beach than Typhoon Lagoon. Typhoon Lagoon has some great rides....I don't mean to turn you off on it by any means. Plus it has alot of shady places to get out of the sun, if you are fair skinned.

my kids are 10,9,5
I am fair skinned and burn easily. Everyone else in my family gets golden. They got a little burned in hawaii. It only lasted a day. I kept my shirt on the whole week.

timetraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain! Having natural red hair, I'm very fair skinned too. That's why I personally prefer Typhoon Lagoon....if we intend to be there the entire day. I can go sit in the shade for awhile without spoiling everyone else's fun. :)

But at Blizzard Beach....there is basically No shade! And make sure everyone has dark sunglasses...because all that white paint....as I said earlier is just blinding.

dianeschlicht

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are going to Disney in three weeks ( march 4th).
See you there! We arrive at WDW/OKW March 1-10. I doubt we will be doing water parks this time around though.

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
dianeschlicht said:
See you there! We arrive at WDW/OKW March 1-10. I doubt we will be doing water parks this time around though.

last year we stayed at OLCC this year at HGVC. next year will try to get in to DVC.