• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Disney Visitors get in free on Birthday 2009

Debbyd57

TUG Member
Reaction score
What a great deal!!!!! :whoopie: WDW is my favorite place to vacation . Unfortunately my birthday is on a Tuesday and DD will be in college so I am sure they won't let her out to go to WDW!!:annoyed: Debby

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Its a good deal if your only going to be there for that day, otherwise it doesnt save much money. To deduct one day from a hopper pass saves only a few dollars.

sandcastles

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just received an e-mail from DVC about this offer. We always get annual passes and if you do have an annual pass or multi-day ticket you can receive a gift card in the amount of a Magic Your Way one day base ticket or some type of a fast pass good for all day.

Works for me because we are usually there on my birthday.

Nancy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Disney's website

It's on Disney's website.

Nancy

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS

schiff1997

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bonus for me, always celebrate my birthday in Orlando during our yearly holiday.

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
That is neat. With all the bad news this week, this was nice to hear. :)

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point
I just received an e-mail from DVC about this offer. We always get annual passes and if you do have an annual pass or multi-day ticket you can receive a gift card in the amount of a Magic Your Way one day base ticket or some type of a fast pass good for all day.
QUOTE]

Was this info in your e-mail?:shrug: My e-mail said nothing about this.

Ray

sandcastles

TUG Member
Reaction score
My e-mail came from DVC titled "What will you celebrate with Disney". There is a link that says Find out how. Click on it and you come to a page that has Disneyland or Disneyworld. It's telling you about the birthday deal and then it says something about you have other choices if you already have an annual pass or multiday ticket. It takes you to a FAQ site and there it explains that you can get a gift card equal to the price of a Magic Your Way one day base ticket. This has to be used on your birthday only. I don't know how the Fast Pass would work. I would imagine it is for the birthday person only. Wouldn't be much fun for the rest of your party.

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point
I would take the gift card! That would be nice. Much better than a one day ticket for us.

Ray

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
This is what we got (we are Pass holders):

A Disney Birthday Present For Every Passholder!
Since birthdays are the one celebration we all share, let's start with a magical birthday present. On your birthday in 2009, you can receive free admission to one of the Theme Parks of the Walt Disney World Resort. Or if you use your Pass for admission on your birthday, you can choose one of the following treats:

A special birthday FASTPASS® ticket† for certain attractions at the Theme Park you visit on your birthday; or

A Birthday Fun Card in an amount equal to the price of a 1-Day Magic Your Way Base Ticket* for you to use on your birthday for merchandise, recreation or fun activities at select participating locations at the Walt Disney World Resort; or

A 1-Day Magic Your Way Base Ticket for you to use any time until your next birthday.

iluvwdw

Reaction score
Since many people book WDW vacations as a PACKAGE, this Gift Card also applies to anyone who already has a ticket of any kind. But I am pretty sure the Gift Card is ONLY good on the day of your birthday ONLY.

Carl D

Reaction score
Since many people book WDW vacations as a PACKAGE, this Gift Card also applies to anyone who already has a ticket of any kind. But I am pretty sure the Gift Card is ONLY good on the day of your birthday ONLY.
This is also the way I understand it.

Mel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, the girf card is only good ON your birthday, and only at select vendors - can't use it for food, drinks or other gift cards. For some, that means you can't just use it on the stuff you were going to buy anyway.

For those that go every year, it might make more sense to take the Base ticket to use sometime in the following year, and then pay to upgrade it to something better, in effect getting a $75 discount on your next ticket.

Carl D

Reaction score
For those that go every year, it might make more sense to take the Base ticket to use sometime in the following year, and then pay to upgrade it to something better, in effect getting a $75 discount on your next ticket.
True.. IF Disney will allow it. I would imagine they see that coming, but we shall see.

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point
...For those that go every year, it might make more sense to take the Base ticket to use sometime in the following year, and then pay to upgrade it to something better, in effect getting a $75 discount on your next ticket.

I would guess that Disney will give you free addmission, not a free ticket.