• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Disney Ticket Options for Florida Residents

Jason245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am planning a trip to Disney later this year, and of course they jacked up the prices earlier this month so now I am trying to do the math and wondering what the opinions of others is.

Prior to the price increases/changes, I was planning on getting Florida Resident 4 day tickets (using two days in December and comming back in Feb and using the other two days).

As of now, I am looking into getting the weekday passes which are ~70 bucks more per person (given that the 4 days only cost 205 via TicketsatWork), because they include parking ($20/Day @4 days = $80).

Based on my math, I could do 3 weekdays (non blackout dates) in December and then do another 2-5 weekdays in Feb, and with parking included it seems like the least expensive option (well except for the food costs etc).

Based on my prior experience, going to Disney on a Weekend is usually a bad idea, but that is the one big perk of 4 day tickets vs the annual.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on what they will be doing?

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
I'm not a Florida resident but we're going to Orlando next year and we may go to Disneyland more often since we're in the area every Summer... so I've been researching ways to save money.

One thing we're doing is using the Disney credit card for dining and merch at the park and the Disney Store. The card gives 10% off those purchases plus it has a $50-100 cashback after the first spend (depends on which card you choose) so we're going to do that to save a little cash.

Another thing I read about but haven't tried is to buy Disney gift cards and use those to buy the entry tickets/annual passes. If you have a good credit card for supermarkets or gas stations then you can use that to buy the gift cards at a supermarket or gas station and essentially get 5-6% back on that purchase. It's effectively a 5-6% discount on your tickets.

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not a Florida resident but we're going to Orlando next year and we may go to Disneyland more often since we're in the area every Summer... so I've been researching ways to save money.

One thing we're doing is using the Disney credit card for dining and merch at the park and the Disney Store. The card gives 10% off those purchases plus it has a $50-100 cashback after the first spend (depends on which card you choose) so we're going to do that to save a little cash.

Another thing I read about but haven't tried is to buy Disney gift cards and use those to buy the entry tickets/annual passes. If you have a good credit card for supermarkets or gas stations then you can use that to buy the gift cards at a supermarket or gas station and essentially get 5-6% back on that purchase. It's effectively a 5-6% discount on your tickets.
Sams club sells 150 worth of gift cards for 143.. that is best deal I have found especially when you buy with a 2 percent cash back card.. that is 6.5 percent off..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

FLDVCFamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
My suggestion is to buy Universal passes instead. That's what we just did. We're FL residents, we own DVC (now selling it because of the pass increases) and have had APs for at least the past decade. Universal Passes are way cheaper even for the ones with no blackout dates and that place is really fun...we just got the passes last weekend and we went twice already.

Sea World/Busch Gardens is another very nice Annual Pass for a cheap price...last year they ran it BOGO around the holidays even.

If you only want Disney, the weekday pass sounds like the best choice.

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
My suggestion is to buy Universal passes instead. That's what we just did. We're FL residents, we own DVC (now selling it because of the pass increases) and have had APs for at least the past decade. Universal Passes are way cheaper even for the ones with no blackout dates and that place is really fun...we just got the passes last weekend and we went twice already.

Sea World/Busch Gardens is another very nice Annual Pass for a cheap price...last year they ran it BOGO around the holidays even.

If you only want Disney, the weekday pass sounds like the best choice.
Universal is nice, but I have been there so many times. .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We have the Disney Seasonal WeekDay pass. I agree that this is the best choice for Florida Residents. Now it includes parking, so that is a plus. We renewed in May, so we have time to decide what we will do next year. Just came home from Epcot and dinner at California Grill at Contemparary. Top of the World. Still love my Disney trips!
Silentg