• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Disney Resort Parking Changes

Jayco29D

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott, Vistana
Okay, this is the reply I got from Marriott about parking at Ko Olina. This makes parking at DVC cheap in comparison for non-owners and it is still free for owners.

We appreciate the opportunity given to us to help.

Allow me to inform you that this property does charge parking to timeshare owners also, here are their rates and characteristics:

• On-site parking, fee: 37.70 USD daily
  • Garage height limit: 6 feet 10 inches
  • Valet parking, fee: 37.70 USD daily
  • Outdoor parking lot and attached parking garage with height clearance of 6 foot 10 inches
If you need additional assistance, please reply to this email.

Thank you for choosing Marriott.
Best Regards,
Jazmin Cardoso
Marriott Customer Care

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
All resorts these days charge hotel guests for parking...
I don't know of other timeshares in the Orlando/Lake Buena Vista area that charge guests for parking. Paid self-parking is not the norm in that area. Lake Buena Vista is not the same as city high rises or Hawaii, where the norm is to sock every guest with a myriad of added fees. Disney already charges a mandatory "resort fee" to RCI exchangers. Now they'll add this?

Disney has made many... increases... parking fees seems to be the least of the increases.
Up... up... up...

I'm sure Disney has noticed that they don't get the same dining and ticketing revenue stream from people who go off property to eat and visit other attractions.
Totally agree. o_O

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay, this is the reply I got from Marriott about parking at Ko Olina. This makes parking at DVC cheap in comparison for non-owners and it is still free for owners.

Allow me to inform you that this property does charge parking to timeshare owners also, here are their rates and characteristics:

• Outdoor parking lot and attached parking garage with height clearance of 6 foot 10 inches

Best Regards,
Jazmin Cardoso
Marriott Customer Care
Ko Olina does charge but IIRC, they waive the fee for ALL Marriott Owners. I know a few years ago Beach Place was threatened with being kicked out of the system related, in part, to the parking charge issue in addition to some disagreements over refurbishment choices. They wanted to charge everyone but owners there and Marriott put their foot down as I understand it.
I don't know of other timeshares in the Orlando/Lake Buena Vista area that charge guests for parking. Paid self-parking is not the norm in that area. Lake Buena Vista is not the same as city high rises or Hawaii, where the norm is to sock every guest with a myriad of added fees. Disney already charges a mandatory "resort fee" to RCI exchangers. Now they'll add this?

Up... up... up...

Totally agree. o_O
Universal does, I'm not sure if Gaylord does. There really aren't any timeshares that are comparable in this situation in Orlando I don't think.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Yes, chriskre, you are correct in your observations, IMO. I am shocked too at how much people are paying to stay at Disney and some of the upscale Marriotts in Hawaii. $1500 per night for a 1 bedroom at Aulani, Grand Cal and Grand Floridian. $2500 for 2 bedrooms. Poly studios are over $1000 at times. And they are sold out if you look them up a few months in advance.
ii

I rented my points this year and most of the ressies were for poly for a night of two.
Definitely there is a big poly demand right now.
I added on at poly myself. Staying next month.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Disney is doing an "experiment" with having dog-friendly rooms in some resorts. We've been told this does not include DVC rooms....but I've seen dogs where they shouldn't be and dogs in the parks that are not service dogs, but do not wish to get into a discussion regarding this.

As it stands now with parking at a resort where you are dining, the guard will scan your band for a reservation and then let you in. However, ESPN doesn't need reservations nor do any of the stores or ice cream places, so they usually won't let you in unless it is a non-busy time (lol, there isn't a non-busy time any more). So with this new policy, you won't need to have you band scanned to get in....just say "I'm going shopping at Wyland Galleries and getting something to eat at BoardWalk Bakery". This really is not a good idea. Those people should be charged a fee to park also. I know Auliani charges non DVC to park....it was $25, might be up to $35 now. However, if you present a dinner receipt or a shopping receipt, you don't get charged....although that may have changed also.
Aulani is $37 a night self parking fees if not staying with dvc points.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)

Best Regards,
Jazmin Cardoso
Marriott Customer Care

Marriott Koolina does not charge Owners, DC points and exchange reservations for self parking. Studio, 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom units get free self parking for one vehicle. 3 bedroom units get free self parking for two vehicles.

Marriott charges parking fees for guests who have booked through marriott.com and encore presentation packages.

Jayco29D

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott, Vistana
Marriott Koolina does not charge Owners, DC points and exchange reservations for self parking. Studio, 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom units get free self parking for one vehicle. 3 bedroom units get free self parking for two vehicles.

Marriott charges parking fees for guests who have booked through marriott.com and encore presentation packages.

Then the person who sent this reply from Marriott was wrong.

JulieAB

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lifetime in Hawaii, Disney's Grand Californian
I'd still exchange. Even using my most expensive trader ($16 a point) and adding a combine fee, it'd be $1733. Where else on disney property can you get a 1 bedroom with full kitchen and washer/dryer for $247 all in, at any time of the year?

Jayco29D

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott, Vistana
Then the person who sent this reply from Marriott was wrong.

Thank you Tuggers! I contacted Marriott again and they confirmed self parking is Free for MKO owners! But it certainly is expensive for non-owners.

We contacted the hotel and Shelly informed us that due that you are in your owner time share week, you have complementary self parking for only one vehicle, if you prefer valet parking it has a charge of $10 usd plus taxes per night. In case you need self parking for a second vehicle they are offering a special time share owners rate of 20.94 usd per night

Best Regards,

Jazmin Cardoso
Marriott Customer Care

JSparling

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Aulani is $37 a night self parking fees if not staying with dvc points.

We booked a stay via David's DVC Rentals next month for Aulani. My understanding is basically they found a DVC owner who booked the room for me and was compensated for their points. So when it comes down to the $37/night parking fee will I be considered an "overnight guest" (therefore paying the $37/night fee) or an "DVC owner" (therefore paying $0!!!!!!!)? I could see either way making sense but I hope, obviously, that since an owner booked my room for me - and for all Aulani knows it could be my brother/sister/great aunt - they'll consider me an owner for the free parking perk!

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We booked a stay via David's DVC Rentals next month for Aulani. My understanding is basically they found a DVC owner who booked the room for me and was compensated for their points. So when it comes down to the $37/night parking fee will I be considered an "overnight guest" (therefore paying the $37/night fee) or an "DVC owner" (therefore paying $0!!!!!!!)? I could see either way making sense but I hope, obviously, that since an owner booked my room for me - and for all Aulani knows it could be my brother/sister/great aunt - they'll consider me an owner for the free parking perk!
As long as the room was booked with DVC points, self parking will be complimentary for up to 2 vehicles. So a booking with Davids would be an owner using their points, so your self parking would be free.

JSparling

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Is it lame to reply to your own post? I e-mailed the Disney Dave rental people and they said that since our stay is booked with points - albeit not our points - the parking will be free. Hopefully that's accurate!

BennyBoy00

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We booked SSR through RCI for March 2020. The confirmation only mentions the $190 fee and says nothing about parking. Does this mean we'll get free parking? Or will we have to print out our confirmation and argue against an undisclosed fee?

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
I'm pretty sure that others have confirmed elsewhere on TUG that RCI exchanges do not pay the parking fee (a pleasant surprise!).

edit: Here's one.

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
As a DVC owner, I can also confirm that exchanges do not pay for parking. RCI exchanges are the result of a DVC owner depositing their points into RCI. The MFs they paid on those points pay for the parking lot. Therefore the RCI guest does not have to pay for parking.