• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Disney / Orlando during 1st week of June (Gay Days)

Richardsdeals

TUG Member
Reaction score
No judgment here.....just a question:

We are planning a vacation at Bonnet Creek during the 1st week of June. We were looking at information on Disney that week and noticed it is Gay Days.

For those who have been to Orlando/Disney that week.....how big a deal is it?

I understand if I go to Daytona during Biker Week, I'm going to have lots of crowds, biker stuff everywhere, etc.

So, just trying to think through how different that week is than the other 51 weeks out of the year.

Richard

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
No judgment here.....just a question:

We are planning a vacation at Bonnet Creek during the 1st week of June. We were looking at information on Disney that week and noticed it is Gay Days.

For those who have been to Orlando/Disney that week.....how big a deal is it?

I understand if I go to Daytona during Biker Week, I'm going to have lots of crowds, biker stuff everywhere, etc.

So, just trying to think through how different that week is than the other 51 weeks out of the year.

Richard

I hope this doesn't give the wrong impression, but: If you are worried about it (enough to ask here) than maybe you should consider another week. The problem is, once you start looking for evidence of something you'd rather not be involved in, you start finding it everywhere. Sort of like buying a new car and seeing that lots of people drive that car.

I do believe that certain behaviors and clothing standards are tolerated/supported at the resorts and accommodations during this week that would not be permitted otherwise.

No personal experience with Disney, but I've been in other cities when similar events were happening. It is noticeable.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
I haven't gone but here's what I found via a Google Search

"Gay Days Orlando:Theme Park Dates: May 31 - June 6, 2016" - https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/events/gay-days#
"What to Expect during Gay Days at Walt Disney World" - http://everythingwdisneyworld.com/2015/01/2030/
"Highlights from Orlando’s Gay Days weekend 2012" - http://attractionsmagazine.com/highlights-from-orlandos-gay-days-weekend-2012/
"A Beginner's Guide to Orlando Gay Days" - https://www.gaydays.com/Guide-to-Gay-Days/guide-to-gay-days.html

nikkiwu

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm a Disney travel agent so let me help you :)

I have had several families freak out when being alerted that this is the case. Not because they are jerks, but because there have been a *few* occasions where these events have gotten a bit rowdy at night in front of small children and those stories travel the web a little too swiftly.

So here is what I will say - you can go the same week and be literally unaffected if you simply follow the opposite schedule. They are very open about where they will be at and publish it months ahead here: https://www.gaydays.com/Calendar/Main-Calendar/

Simply go to the park they are not attending and you will forget it's even going on.

famy27

TUG Member
Reaction score
In 2014, we were at WDW for both Gay Days and Food & Wine. The attendees at Gay Days were about 10 times better behaved than the crowd at F&W. The actual crowd levels were much worse at F&W as well. I'd go back during Gay Days in a heartbeat. The only thing better about F&W was the weather, and even that difference was marginal.

wed100105

TUG Member
Reaction score
OP, your avatar and this question are a hilarious combination!!!:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

My BIL and SIL visited WDW last year during gay days and my husband and I asked about it last summer. SIL (much more liberal lady) said she didn't notice it at all. Being at WDW during gay days was no big deal and she liked the week, but said it was hot and crowded (compared to October, her preferred month). BIL said it was very noticeable and it bothered him. HTH!

jasonv1

Reaction score
Can you or (if you have them) kids accept that you may see 2 people of the same sex do the same things that 2 of the opposite sex do at the park? If the answer is yes, you should be fine.

To me this sounds like a very good time to go. School isn't quite out yet, and some families who are are likely staying away due to their own concerns about the week.

My daughter has seen more questionable things while on cruise excursions (even in Key West, FL) than she will were we to go to the park during gay days.