• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

discounted rooms

jdiepm

Reaction score
Iv been reading the stickies and trying to absorb the wealth of information presented in them and had a question about a part that said not to overbuy points. It stated that Wyndham sometimes offers rooms at discounted rates. Does this mean discounted point rates? for example a room that is normally 150k points, if there is an excess of unused rooms it might be offered for 100k points? or Is this a Wyndham member discount, where you wouldn't use your points but would get the room at a discounted price?

kaio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Iv been reading the stickies and trying to absorb the wealth of information presented in them and had a question about a part that said not to overbuy points. It stated that Wyndham sometimes offers rooms at discounted rates. Does this mean discounted point rates? for example a room that is normally 150k points, if there is an excess of unused rooms it might be offered for 100k points? or Is this a Wyndham member discount, where you wouldn't use your points but would get the room at a discounted price?

I believe what you are referring to is regarding Discounted points... it has to do with available inventory within a certain amount of days before the reservation check in... and status of said membership (VIP,etc for greater discounts) ...

Last edited:

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
RESORT SPECIALS .....

Part of the online Wyndham Reservation system where there are various DISCOUNTED points needed for reservations up to 8 weeks before checkin. You DO NOT need to be a VIP owner --- the discounts range from 5% to 40% off the points chart for that week, season and unit size.

The resorts available and amount of discount is stated WEEKLY and by RESORT OFFERED. Does NOT apply to prior reservations unless you cancel and HOPE you get the same reservation you had booked before. :rolleyes:

For regular VIP owners and non-VIP owners, Resort Specials offer some GREAT ways to go on last minute Wyndham vacations for fewer points. Gold VIPs and Platinum VIP generally get better discounts at the 60 day mark.

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can give you an example. Right now, if you are a Wyndham owner, you can log in to the Wyndham resort owners site and click on a box near the bottom of the page for Resort Specials.

On the page that opens up is a clickable list of all the states that have resorts or you can scroll down to find what you want.

There are things you can note by looking at this list such as when there is greatest or least availability. Greatest availability would be indicated by greatest discount offered.

Here's the example which shows you the last two items in the list and the notes below it:

discount.jpg

jdiepm

Reaction score
Thanks for the very helpful visual, esp the Glacier Canyon one :p , we book there every year (the non wyndham side) and usually book kind of last minute during the time when no one else wants to go, and it would be pretty great to get it at a discounted rate. The more im learning about Wyndham the more excited i am about the prospect of becoming an owner, im still probably a couple of months away from actually buying, but so far i haven't read anything to scare me away :)

jjmanthei05

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the very helpful visual, esp the Glacier Canyon one :p , we book there every year (the non wyndham side) and usually book kind of last minute during the time when no one else wants to go, and it would be pretty great to get it at a discounted rate. The more im learning about Wyndham the more excited i am about the prospect of becoming an owner, im still probably a couple of months away from actually buying, but so far i haven't read anything to scare me away :)

I wouldn't be counting on much for discounted points at Glacier canyon. Currently there isn't a weekend available until April and the discounts only go through January. Usually all weekends there are booked up by 3 months out and Mid June through mid august is gone by November (just as a heads up). So unless you are planning on doing mid week trips it is unlikely you will get any discounts unless you book exactly at the 15 day mark when all the renters cancel.

Jason

Jason

Reaction score
The week after Labor Day is Glacier Canyon's lowest "point" cost, also known as their "quiet" week. My wife and I originally planned on going there for our anniversary, but changed to Edisto Island SC. Basically, I could have TWO vacations - one at GC and the other anywhere else - for the price!

jdiepm

Reaction score
As I'm only 2hrs aways the location is perfect for last minute trips, not having to worry about air fare etc, I love the idea of getting things at a discount and midweek trips aren't out of the question either. The only bumming thing iv read about so far is how quickly I could run through housekeeping credits by doing a lot of wkend trips

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
As I'm only 2hrs aways the location is perfect for last minute trips, not having to worry about air fare etc, I love the idea of getting things at a discount and midweek trips aren't out of the question either. The only bumming thing iv read about so far is how quickly I could run through housekeeping credits by doing a lot of wkend trips

Yes, that's the definite downside. I recently booked two weekend trips in a 3 bedroom deluxe, which required 280 housekeeping credits - no problem if you are VIP and get free ones (which I'm not), but otherwise they go quick.

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
The only bumming thing iv read about so far is how quickly I could run through housekeeping credits by doing a lot of wkend trips
Just think about how many housekeeping credits you could buy with the difference between what Wyndham charges for a week's worth of points and what you can get them for on Ebay. The housekeeping really isn't so bad when put into perspective.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Just think about how many housekeeping credits you could buy with the difference between what Wyndham charges for a week's worth of points and what you can get them for on Ebay. The housekeeping really isn't so bad when put into perspective.

That's absolutely the way to look at it - the "free" HK credits for VIPs are pretty costly in the long run....