• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Did You Download Windows 7? IE8? FireFox?

Ted

TUG Member
Reaction score
Were you one of the few million that were allowed to download the beta version of Windows7, the alleged improvement on Vista? I almost did, but I am glad that I did not because a tech guru on CTV said that only the very tech savvy should do so, and only to a second computer, perhaps a lap top. He stated that you could lose important data if there were system failures etc. What have you discovered?
Also did you download IE8, that is alleged to be faster and easier to use than Internet Explorer 7? What have you discovered? I feel that it has slowed my browsing considerably, and I am thinking of going back to IE7. Can I easily switch back to IE7 and how? Also, I went to Mozilla's Fire Fox because it is faster but I am unable to make it my "default" browser:( Can you explain to me how to make it the default browser.:wave: Because there are download issues with Mozilla, I may not continue using it. What are your experiences? Thanks for your valued responses.
Ted Wilson

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Ted, I admire your courage. I'm an I.T, guy by profession, and I'd never, ever stand on the "bleeding edge" of any new Microsoft technology. My suggestion is to wait a bit, (at least till after the first major Service Pack) so the larger bugs get fixed. Then I'd approach it gently, and with lots of caution.

Good luck!

Dave

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Mozilla (and Netscape before it) has always been my browser

Were you one of the few million that were allowed to download the beta version of Windows7, the alleged improvement on Vista? I almost did, but I am glad that I did not because a tech guru on CTV said that only the very tech savvy should do so, and only to a second computer, perhaps a lap top. He stated that you could lose important data if there were system failures etc. What have you discovered?
Also did you download IE8, that is alleged to be faster and easier to use than Internet Explorer 7? What have you discovered? I feel that it has slowed my browsing considerably, and I am thinking of going back to IE7. Can I easily switch back to IE7 and how? Also, I went to Mozilla's Fire Fox because it is faster but I am unable to make it my "default" browser:( Can you explain to me how to make it the default browser.:wave: Because there are download issues with Mozilla, I may not continue using it. What are your experiences? Thanks for your valued responses.
Ted Wilson

I have NEVER trusted IE for anything. Netscape and now Firefox are much more reliable and secure than any version of IE. The few problems I have had are invariably related to WINDOWS not Firefox. If you run on Linux the Firefox "problems" disappear. Tends to be true with most things under Windows.

Icarus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't download/use beta versions of IE, Windows or FF.

I don't know why you would want to. The Beta releases are for people that need to test their applications, drivers, web sites, etc, with the new software.

-David

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Safari.

Our semi-new Mac Mini has FireFox & Safari on it.

Safari works great & it's now my favorite.

FireFox would be OK except that too often it pauses to mull things over while showing a spinning beach ball -- don't know if that's a FireFox issue or a Mac Mini issue, but it's mox nix since we mostly stick with Safari.

Before Mac Mini, we used FireFox on a home-made non-Vista Windows computer.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

geekette

Reaction score
Ted, I admire your courage. I'm an I.T, guy by profession, and I'd never, ever stand on the "bleeding edge" of any new Microsoft technology. My suggestion is to wait a bit, (at least till after the first major Service Pack) so the larger bugs get fixed. Then I'd approach it gently, and with lots of caution.

Good luck!

Dave

DITTO!!!!

Of course, if you have a test system, download whatever you want, just do not compromise your main pc.