• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Did you buy your Vidanta TS for investment?

M@yanBuddy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
vidanta Luxxe
I would print the your case number and dated email and keep a paper copy as proof and then take a cell phone photo of the paper as back up.

Vidanta Member Service - is reputable and will honour your rescinding of the upgrade / and full refund of any funds.

I am glad you found TUG in time.
Stick around & visit regularly - as there is a lot of good use information found here as well.

@Grammarhero tracks rescinding & money saved on a TUG thread.
You could list amount saved in this thread or do a Conversation -DM with him
With the info that I found here in TUG, I was able to get out if a 45K contract upgrade, 20K deposit and 25K to be paid later this month. Thanks TUG gang.
They started explaining that this was worth 750K then that my equity was 450K, then this and that, and I had to pay 120K but they would accept two of my weeks for 3 years, at the amusement park, for 60K, then when I tried to rescind the first time, they lowered it by 20 K by taking two more werks for two years, then the 20K credit turned into 15K by the time that price reduction was ready for signing, I am not making this up, by then we had spent one entire day and two half days of our vacation in (the house of pain) the sales office.
People, people, stay away from the salesmen. Read TUG and learn from all our collective experiences. When you go visit your resorts, take a few PROFECO flyers, and a TUG flyer with website and rescinding info to share with someone who may need it.

Last edited:

chaparrusa

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
vacation village at bonaventure , sheraton vistana orlando ,
i still don't understand how is that TUG helped you . wht is a profeco flyer ?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
i still don't understand how is that TUG helped you . wht is a profeco flyer ?
Hi @chaparrusa

@M@yanBuddy is a 16 year owner of Vidanta brands who got convinced by their Vida Sales team into paying for an "upgrade" that in his case was more of a sideways downgrade with a few added bells & whistles.

He found TUG in Oct. 2021 while researching whether to rescind or keep the "upgrade."
TUG forum & members assisted through information that allowed for a fully informed decision to rescind the "upgrade and save $ 45,000. This meant he kept his existing Grand Luxxe contract.

Profeco - is the Mexican Goverments regulatory agency that regulates consumer product sales.
TImeshares sales are under Profeco's jurisdiction.

Cabocowboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife and I found Profeco useless for rescinding a timeshare purchase. We sat through an entire day of presentation in an exchange of my Cabo timeshare for Vidanta at their new theme park resort in PV. I knew of rescission laws but did not want to lose another day of 7 day stay to get out of it so we drove to Profeco office nearby and filed our paperwork with them.
These people in the office were sincere and believed they could help but the paperwork was sent to Mexico City for processing and nothing. We even hired a Mexico lawyer to review In MC and he quit in frustration. They are not the way to rescind. You must go back to the timeshare sales office and go through the tortuous process again.
I don’t trust Vidanta organization at all. I think they are a bunch of thugs.
The only way we got out of it was my credit card agency was convinced by my story to them we had been swindled in Mexico and they refused to pay the charge. With that, Vidanta cancelled the whole thing. I did not owe them anything else. Lesson learned.

Riykarina

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a 2B 2B suite from Vidanta NV at their new development. The cost was 20k. They had me there all day! They started at 45k and finished at 20k, 3 weeks per year, renewal payment every 20 years, bunch of certificates I can give away, free week stay, 4 round trip tickets, etc. I was
Recorded twice because they changed the wording of the agreement and I stopped. I felt presured and uncomfortable, I just wanted to be finish. I made a 7k deposit and should pay 13k in 90 days. Is this worth it? Please help me, I never gotten into timeshares. Also I know they are hosting the PGA Tournament next year, do you think this will open opportunities for
timeshare owners? Thank you in advance for your help.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a 2B 2B suite from Vidanta NV at their new development. The cost was 20k. They had me there all day! They started at 45k and finished at 20k, 3 weeks per year, renewal payment every 20 years, bunch of certificates I can give away, free week stay, 4 round trip tickets, etc. I was
Recorded twice because they changed the wording of the agreement and I stopped. I felt presured and uncomfortable, I just wanted to be finish. I made a 7k deposit and should pay 13k in 90 days. Is this worth it? Please help me, I never gotten into timeshares. Also I know they are hosting the PGA Tournament next year, do you think this will open opportunities for
timeshare owners? Thank you in advance for your help.

Welcome to TUG - Timeshare Users Group.

If you are past the 5 day rescission period - you own it and will have to pay balance of $ 13 K

Great resorts and vacation usage value.
For $ 20K - I would think you bought an Imperial Gardens / nee-Mayan Palace

Thanking you in advance for posting
if that is the case or if your contract is for a different Vidanta brand level.

Last edited:

Riykarina

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta
Welcome to TUG - Timeshare Users Group.

If you are past the 5 day rescission period - you own it and will have to pay balance of $ 13 K

Great resorts and vacation usage value.
For $ 20K - I would think you bought an Imperial Gardens / nee-Mayan Palace

Thanking you in advance for posting
if that is the case or if your contract is for a different Vidanta brand level.
I actually bought the new Imperial Jungle Aqua 2b 3b. Do you think this is a good deal?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I actually bought the new Imperial Jungle Aqua 2b 3b. Do you think this is a good deal?
You have bought from a quality resort group with a 30+ year history of expansion and improvements and spending money to keep the facilities in top notch condition.
Vida Sales is their selling arm ; and is well know for doing an "excellent job"
of hard sell - (ie) your all day experience.

To answer your price question.
1 ) If you use what you bought - it will effectively cost you $ 1000 a year until your 20 year renewal - over and above the usage fee / maintenance fee for each week you use .If you used all 3 weeks every year your cost is ~$333 (prepaid) per week plus the per week usage fee.

2) Vidanta currently has a $900 exchanger resort fee for all 2 bedroom units
In Nuevo. What this means is if I use my TaraNova ownership to exchange via RCI into a 2 bedroom Mayan Palace I pay $ 900 additional at check in .

3 ) make sure you use your free week , as it likely has an expiration date.

4) Usage -I believe there are currently no Imperial Jungle Aqua 2 bedroom units yet built.
read your contract - it should have information on internal exchange usage.
(ie) a grid telling what existing brands and unit sizes can be reserved.
it will likely say something like : Bliss - Mayan Palace - Sea Garden.etc.

Note - if you are trying to book a week - Vidanta reservation staff are always very helpful regarding this ; and have the ability to see available units for the specific week you are thinking of going.
800 292 9446 - reservations

5) Read your contract - it should give you information on how far in advance you can reserve a week. Our Mayan Palace contract lists 6 months and allows me to use this year's week to book peak season ( Jan - March) of the following year.
( ie ) Aug 1 2021 - I could book any Feb 2022 week.

6) your contract should list a usage fee / maintenance fee dollar amount for 2022
and other details. learn these details.

Last edited: