• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Did not get the right room!

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point
I bought a getaway from II to Westgate Smoky Mtn Rst. I was to get a One Bedroom two Bath Delux unit. They put me in a one bedroom side of a two bedroom lock-off with one bath. When I called them on it they said it was II's mistake and they do not even have that type of room at this resort!

Well their website shows that type of room! Is there anything that I can do?

I do not realy want to move now that I have moved in, but I do not like to be lied to! Here is the floor plan that I was to get:

The one they gave me not only has only one bath it does not have the large garden bath tub.

Attachments

• img_wgsm_03.jpg
    img_wgsm_03.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
If you aren't willing to move, then there's not much that can be done. If you call II, which would be my idea, they may try to convince the resort to move you. But if you aren't willing to do this, they aren't going to do much of anything for you. Don't expect any money back at a later date, or to call after you get home and get any satisfaction. I'd bet its not going to happen.

eal

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't deal with the resort!
Call II directly at the number they list on the confirmation, 305-668-3411 / 877-700-1154. They open at 9 EDT on Monday.

Persist with II until you get what you paid for.

Hoc

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Call II and complain, but be ready, willing and able to move to the right room. My guess is if you are willing to move, and the resort does not move you, then you will get a full or partial refund. Even if they do move you, it is possible that you will get a partial refund. But if you are not willing to move to the type of room you reserved, then you will get nothing.

teepeeca

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are unwilling to move, or won't move, WHY even post with this "problem"???

You should have called II "immediately upon check-in" to lodge your complaint---I'm assuming that you DID talk to the resort manager, and NOT just the front-desk person.

If II was closed, and there was no "emergency number" to call, then call II the first thing in the morning, and stay on the line until the problem is resolved. (I'm assuming that if you call II, and they tell you they will handle the problem, and they tell you they will call you later,---with the resolution---you will be waiting until doomsday.)

Tony

LLW

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought a getaway from II to Westgate Smoky Mtn Rst. I was to get a One Bedroom two Bath Delux unit. They put me in a one bedroom side of a two bedroom lock-off with one bath. When I called them on it they said it was II's mistake and they do not even have that type of room at this resort!

Well their website shows that type of room! Is there anything that I can do?

I do not realy want to move now that I have moved in, but I do not like to be lied to! Here is the floor plan that I was to get:

The one they gave me not only has only one bath it does not have the large garden bath tub.

As another poster has said, the time to call II is immediately upon check in. If you've moved in, the natural reaction is to not want to move out, in which case there is not much II can do. If II can make them move you to a 2BR, do you still not want to move out? What about if they agree to give you a gift shop voucher or some kind of compensation, would that be worth a call to II? If you want a resolution and be compensated for it somehow, call II as soon as possible while you are at the resort.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I know that not complaining and NOT wanting to move, get you nothing ... II and RCI will demand a MOVE to the resort personnel. If nothing is available, they will MOVE you to another resort.

A resort move is always seems to be a much nicer place - and you get what you exchanged for. This becomes a nicer memory - not just the same decor with an extra bath & jetted tub.

Good luck.

cerralee

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
In March when I booked two two bedrooms at the Grand Mayan, it really turned into a mess. We came in on different planes and I had requested that the rooms be next to each other. My sons and his friends plane came in first, they put him into a one bedroom, he is 21 and "thought" they were supposed to have a two bedroom but they said he did not.

The rest of the fam and friends came in, I asked to be checked in and they said that I had booked a 2 bedroom and a one bedroom which they had side by side. They also said that my son and his group had not made it yet. I showed them the confirmations and they said when they came in they would put them next to us in a two bedroom.

I kept checking and checking-no sign of my son, I was frantic, the next day we ran into a couple of the boys who said they had gotten in about 1:00 the day before and were squeezed into a one bedroom and the front desk kept telling them that we had not checked in.

Now we are three or four buildings apart, don't feel like packing everything up but still upset that the boys are squeezed into the one bedroom and upset that the system was so messed up that no one could tell us the other party was on property. Finally on the third or fourth night the boys got the second bedroom but I had to really go around and around with them. Luckily they were young and just happy to be in Mexico. The real problem was not knowing where they were.

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point
Well since we arrived after II closed, we unpacked the car and have setteled in.

Since I can not convince my wife it would be worth the time to pack-up and move I am just going to drop it. I was looking forward to haveing two bathrooms with a 15 year old daughter.

I will just let Westgate know my disapointment, and fill out my II evaluation accordingly.

Ray

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
we had a similar situation at World Golf Village in St Augustine. Because of a death in the family, a hurricane, etc, this was the third time I had paid an exchange fee for this week (think we paid an extension fee also). I had a diagram mailed to me of a beautiful, L shaped one bedroom unit. Instead I got a tiny lock off one bedroom unit.we were expecting another couple. I went right to the desk when I saw the unit, showed her the mailing I had received, but she said they had nothing else. I called RCI and they tried to get me moved. We were there in October and the resort was just plain empty, but they would not move us. So the next day, RCI moved us to a resort on the beach. We had a much better time, we could sit on the balcony and watch the ocean. at the first resort, you had two chairs, but they came right up to the balcony railing, no room for knees.

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, I just looked at the II site to see what types of units they show for this resort. They don't ever mention the number of bathrooms, just sleeping capacity. Then I went and looked at getaways for that resort and it doesn't show it either. Then I went to the Westgate web site and it only shows a 1BR or a Studio as the two configurations. Unless it says that you have a 2 bathroom unit on your confirmation, then I wouldn't expect much.

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point
Just out of curiosity, I just looked at the II site to see what types of units they show for this resort. They don't ever mention the number of bathrooms, just sleeping capacity. Then I went and looked at getaways for that resort and it doesn't show it either. Then I went to the Westgate web site and it only shows a 1BR or a Studio as the two configurations. Unless it says that you have a 2 bathroom unit on your confirmation, then I wouldn't expect much.

My confirmation did say one bedroom two bath.

Here is a link to Westgate showing different floor plans:

http://www.westgateresorts.com/inde...ID=WESTGATE_SMOKY_MOUNTAIN&fileHandle=wgsm_03

Ray

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ray,
when I looked that the Westgate site under the rentals section, the only configurations that they showed were the ones I referenced. I wonder if there are different sections of the resort.

Either way, you should have received what you have on the confirmation.