• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[Developer purchase - past rescission date(?) - merged]

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
My contracts are not stand alone. I have many contracts in my account, I have not used the "Power Deed" to consolidate my contracts. They are a mixture of converted weeks, UDI, and Club Wyndham Access deeds.

Easy to do, get with the purchaser who owns no Wyndham Vacation Resorts points. Do the math based on actual offers (if data is available or can be guesstamated).

Step 2: After the hard math is done, then interview the person to determine what the intangeables are to them.

Step 3: Ask the person to then put a dollar value on the items they identified.

Step 4: Add of the dollar equilvant of the intangables and the hard math.

Example using post #20 as a basis. Assuming no exiting Club Wyndham Plus/Access points:

Silver VIP is currently 300,000 VIP eligable points (going up this fall).

86,000 points for $14,900 dollars (plus about 250 dollars in processing costs etc). Buy a 2 or 3 bedroom fixed or floating week fom E-Bay - $1 plus 600 est. closing costs.

From two different sources a PIC conversion could be found for up to 250,000 converted PIC points.

300,000 minus 86,000 equals 214,000 a convertable RCI eligable week would be needed.

Finding a fixed or floating week in a Prime Season, I believe, could still be a doable thing.

For about $15,600 dollars a move from 0 to 300,000 plus VIP eligable points could be gotten. If bought before this fall.

VIP intangables:

25 percent discount with VIP Silver made in the appropriate short notice time frame:

A made up intangable price for my hypothetical buyer:

VIP discount for Silver - $425 dollars per year

Club Wyndham Plus Benefits: 0

Right to feel flattered by Staff: 0

Expanded upgrade options: $862 dollars a year

Guest Passes/Reservations Transaction Fees -500 per year

Other VIP Benifits - 0

Having a delivered newspaper $15,600

No crying foul on the delivered newspaper value, it is my hyptheotical buyer.

Im going to take issue with your numbers

First you dont consider interest on the money borrowed to do the deal, or on the opportunity cost. I think Pacos 10% is a good number, and Ill use it rather than the interest Wyndham is going to charge...so Your buyer spends or borrows $15000 which the way I figure it costs him an additional $1500 in interest a year over what a resale buyer will pay

Second: Your $462 figure assumes that our buyer makes every reservation in the discount window. I dont think thats realistic....I willing to give you 50% in the discount window, which means a reasle buyer will have to buy 50000 more points to match reservations..at a mf cost of $250 a year. Oh and dont forget everyone can get reservations at a discount at some resorts. Lets assume our resale buyer does one of these once in a while...and saves $50

Third: Im not willing to give you anything for the value of upgrades. I dont think anyone makes a reservation knowing he will have to get an upgrade to accommodate his party. We reserve what we need. Ill take an upgrade if its there but Im happy without it

Fourth: the guest fee advantage is only $400 not $500 (even resale owners get one for free. and Im thinking 300000 points is not enough to make and give away 5 reservations anyway ...Even if our hypothetical buyers make 3 reservations and rent or give away 2 of them the advantage is just $100 to the VIP owner

So your guy spends $1200 a year more than my guy for the same reservations, and if we are talking cash buyers and my guy my guy invests in Pacos mutual fund, he will probably have $30000 in the bank in 10 years or so

There are reasons to pay to get to VIP but you cant justify it with a 300000 point account

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I agree if you can get it for resale prices otherwise not so much.

Jason

You can't, and it isn't.

It is incredible that anyone still thinks VIP, in the only ways it can be obtained today via retail purchase and the fact that there is absolutely no guarantee it will exist beyond tomorrow, is a "value" of any type. It is nothing but sales hype to try to sell points that you can easily obtain for pennies on the retail dollar or even free. NEVER buy Wyndham retail. Do everything you can to rescind this grossly overpriced sale. Good luck.

rrlongwell

Reaction score
Im going to take issue with your numbers

First you dont consider interest on the money borrowed to do the deal, or on the opportunity cost. I think Pacos 10% is a good number, and Ill use it rather than the interest Wyndham is going to charge...so Your buyer spends or borrows $15000 which the way I figure it costs him an additional $1500 in interest a year over what a resale buyer will pay

Second: Your $462 figure assumes that our buyer makes every reservation in the discount window. I dont think thats realistic....I willing to give you 50% in the discount window, which means a reasle buyer will have to buy 50000 more points to match reservations..at a mf cost of $250 a year. Oh and dont forget everyone can get reservations at a discount at some resorts. Lets assume our resale buyer does one of these once in a while...and saves $50

Third: Im not willing to give you anything for the value of upgrades. I dont think anyone makes a reservation knowing he will have to get an upgrade to accommodate his party. We reserve what we need. Ill take an upgrade if its there but Im happy without it

Fourth: the guest fee advantage is only $400 not $500 (even resale owners get one for free. and Im thinking 300000 points is not enough to make and give away 5 reservations anyway ...Even if our hypothetical buyers make 3 reservations and rent or give away 2 of them the advantage is just $100 to the VIP owner

So your guy spends $1200 a year more than my guy for the same reservations, and if we are talking cash buyers and my guy my guy invests in Pacos mutual fund, he will probably have $30000 in the bank in 10 years or so

There are reasons to pay to get to VIP but you cant justify it with a 300000 point account

Your guy must be smarter than my hypotheotical buyer, he did not put a subjective value as high as mine on the delivered newspaper. I am guessing you gut did not even put the price of the paper.

Last edited:

jjmanthei05

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can't post what your program fee is on a contract. You have to post what a program fee would be on an account and for an account with only 84,000 points in it would have a program fee of $98 which works out to over $1/k. If you have an account that has 500,000 points where 1 of the contracts is 84,000 then that will be billed at .53/.51 per k depending on plus partners.

Jason

Last edited:

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
ut ohhh... he did post "program fee"; not "MF"

Yes, if MF then my advice would be even more gooder and sage

Unfortunately, at this stage of my life I generally find a typo or two after I post.:doh:

I know you were an active poster on Wyndham Forum, what do you hear these days and nights about its resurrection?

Bring back the nickel Coke and cigar and $.29 a gallon gas!:crash:

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can't post what your program fee is on a contract. You have to post what a program fee would be on an account and for an account with only 84,000 points in it would have a program fee of $96 which works out to over $1/k. If you have an account that has 500,000 points where 1 of the contracts is 84,000 then that will be billed at .53/.51 per k depending on plus partners.

Jason

Jason:

A minor nit. If you go back about 10 posts you will see where Juanita provided a copy of 2012 Program Fees. The minimum is $98.00!