• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Destination Points advice please

powerbus

Reaction score
I've been offered 3,100 Destination points for my Platinum New Year week at Village d'Ile de France. I can see the benefits, and think it will be worthwhile.

I've also been offered a week at Playa Andaluza for £9,362 (approx. $13,600). This will mean I do not have to pay the enrolment fee ($2,395 plus a further 20% VAT). I plan to use this to add a further 1,950 destination points each year. Maintenance fees for this year are 1015 Euro (approx. $1,100).

I'd welcome advice on the following:

1. Am I getting value for money? How's this compare to other people's experience.

2. If I am not able to use all my 5,050 points, can I just book some nights at a Marriott and give them to a family member?

3. Is there an active market in people buying and selling points?

I'd appreciate any assistance.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
I'd consider just enrolling your France week, paying the $2,395 + VAT, and keep the other $10.7K in your pocket (savings from not buying the Playa week). That is of course unless you really want and will use the Playa week.

If you need more points than the 3100 the France week gives you, you can rent them from other owners (see www.vacationpointexchange.com and www.ownertrades.com) The going rate to rent extra points is around $0.50 per point.

The resale market of people buying and selling DC points exists, but I would not say it is active.

And last but not least, you do realize that the 3100 DC points for your France week is an annual election. If for example you would rather use your week in any given year, you do not need to convert it to DC points in that year. And if you get to a point you plan to sell, its the underlying week you are selling, not the 3100 DC points. You still have your deeded week, plus the annual election to convert to points if you want too....the best of both worlds.

Good luck with your research and final decision!!

Last edited:

temiatwork

Reaction score
I just signed in to MVCD in Orlando and currently have a Silver week in Village d'Ile de France.

My question would be, is it worth to pay $19380.00 just to gain additional 1500 DC points with an annual maintenance fee of 753.-? Is it really worth the money?

I've been offered 3,100 Destination points for my Platinum New Year week at Village d'Ile de France. I can see the benefits, and think it will be worthwhile.

I've also been offered a week at Playa Andaluza for £9,362 (approx. $13,600). This will mean I do not have to pay the enrolment fee ($2,395 plus a further 20% VAT). I plan to use this to add a further 1,950 destination points each year. Maintenance fees for this year are 1015 Euro (approx. $1,100).

I'd welcome advice on the following:

1. Am I getting value for money? How's this compare to other people's experience.

2. If I am not able to use all my 5,050 points, can I just book some nights at a Marriott and give them to a family member?

3. Is there an active market in people buying and selling points?

I'd appreciate any assistance.

Bill4728

Reaction score
I just signed in to MVCD in Orlando and currently have a Silver week in Village d'Ile de France.

My question would be, is it worth to pay $19380.00 just to gain additional 1500 DC points with an annual maintenance fee of 753.-? Is it really worth the money?
Very few if any people here on TUG will say that was a good deal.

So NO Not worth it

Fasttr said:
I'd consider just enrolling your France week, paying the $2,395 + VAT,

If you need more points than the (points) the France week gives you, you can rent them from other owners (see www.vacationpointexchange.com and www.ownertrades.com) The going rate to rent extra points is around $0.50 per point.

This is great advice Please note you'd be paying the same to rent pts ($0.50/pt ) from someone as you would pay in the MFs (also $0.50/pt) if you bought pts so for a $20,000 you'd get little benefit.

Bill

Last edited:

temiatwork

Reaction score
@Bill4728 Thanks! Now I have to find a way to cancel the contract past the cancellation period.

temiatwork

Reaction score
Just posting back a favorable response.

My Sales rep. sent me an email accepting the "Intent to Cancel" (sent via registered mail) and also said that they will refund me the full down payment.

I rescind past the 10-day cancellation period. :whoopie: