• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Deleting Cookies From Internet?

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
How often do you delete your cookies from the computer?

Last edited:

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
How often so you delete your cookies from the internet?

Don't know exactly but probably pretty often as I run Super Anti-Spyware, Malware Bytes, CC Cleaner and a program provided by AVG once a week. All tell me they are deleting things.

George

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Using Chrome, I never/rarely delete all cookies. I selectively delete cookies for websites that I am having problems with. Cookies are too handy with keeping login info and other information saved that I don't want to retype every time. Cookies keep me signed in to TUG :D

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I seldom do it. IIRC, chrome has the option to delete everything except passwords and login info?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
How often so you delete your cookies from the internet?

I have never deleted cookies from the internet. I have, however, deleted cookies from my computer occasionally. (smartass response, I know :D)

I generally leave any cookies in place for the reasons others have mentioned. If I need to go to a website and I don't want any previously-stored cookies exposed, I simply use the "private browsing" or "incognito" mode of the browser. That is useful for certain sites, especially airline sites where the price will change based on your previous searches (and not for the better!).

Kurt

Last edited:

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
(sorry for long post)
CC cleaner also has selective cookie cleaning! Love me some CCC

Choosing which cookies to keep

A cookie is a small file that a Web site can place on your hard drive. It contains information about when you visited the site, and may contain tracking and settings information. For more information about cookies, see the Wikipedia entry.

You may choose to delete cookies for privacy reasons. Be aware, though, that some sites may forget your login data if you delete their cookies. Others will simply replace the cookie the next time you visit.
By default, when you run the Cleaner, CCleaner deletes all of the cookies for all of your Web browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Opera, and so on). There are two ways to keep cookies on your PC while still making full use of CCleaner.
Option 1: To keep all cookies on your PC
....yada yada

Option 2: To keep certain cookies on your PC

1. yada yada.

Advanced System Care - IObit

is a great program (suite) that will let you choose which cookies you wish to keep and which you wish to delete while maintaining your pc

Warning: the program (suite) will offer lots of 'companion-ware' to install if you're not careful, so read-up on the installation method and how to avoid installing extras with the program.

It will delete all but the white-listed cookies

Last edited:

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Chrome browsing history options. I have the top 4 checked, and everything else unchecked:

n1IUX-WWzDfae9f44btxEhFbAZgRn5TBGKVf5diH1DnXgdAy-kEdWlixtyeNLs9zFyYBpO4=w450

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
(sorry for long post)
CC cleaner also has selective cookie cleaning! Love me some CCC

Choosing which cookies to keep

A cookie is a small file that a Web site can place on your hard drive. It contains information about when you visited the site, and may contain tracking and settings information. For more information about cookies, see the Wikipedia entry.

You may choose to delete cookies for privacy reasons. Be aware, though, that some sites may forget your login data if you delete their cookies. Others will simply replace the cookie the next time you visit.
By default, when you run the Cleaner, CCleaner deletes all of the cookies for all of your Web browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Opera, and so on). There are two ways to keep cookies on your PC while still making full use of CCleaner.
Option 1: To keep all cookies on your PC
....yada yada

Option 2: To keep certain cookies on your PC

1. yada yada.

Advanced System Care - IObit

is a great program (suite) that will let you choose which cookies you wish to keep and which you wish to delete while maintaining your pc

Warning: the program (suite) will offer lots of 'companion-ware' to install if you're not careful, so read-up on the installation method and how to avoid installing extras with the program.

It will delete all but the white-listed cookies

Thanks you all. I need to check my spelling before hitting the enter button.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been running CC Cleaner weekly for years. I'm not sure what they are deleting but the only problem (minor) that I have seen is that when I log onto my Chase Bank Account I need to have their computer call me with a 4 digit code before they let me into my account. Otherwise I don't see where it has impacted me at all.

George