• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Deeded Week into Interval International II

Cdcarter76

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak
If I have a deeded platinum week can I trade my week into II for other resorts or do I have to use my points to trade I to II? I’ve already claimed my week for 2025 (June wk #24 WOR). Thx

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
If I'm parsing that question correctly, you're booked into your home week in Texas. That's that for the year. You used what you own.

If you convert that into points, that's where the choices come into play.

Cdcarter76

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak
If I'm parsing that question correctly, you're booked into your home week in Texas. That's that for the year. You used what you own.

If you convert that into points, that's where the choices come into play.
Correct. Now that I’ve done that rather than selecting the points, is it better to trade into II if I don’t plan to use that week?

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Correct. Now that I’ve done that rather than selecting the points, is it better to trade into II if I don’t plan to use that week?

Depends. What are you trying to accomplish? Where do you want to go?

You have only two good options -- internal Hyatt trades and Interval trades. Each has their pros and cons.

GTLINZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
You have asked a loaded question.

I use points in both Hyatt and Interval. I plan ahead of time how many points I want to use for each and make sure I move points to EEE for Interval four months before my use week which extends their life for 2 years from your use week.

Unplanned points tend to go to Interval for that reason but I know I will use them in Interval.

GTLINZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
After reading your post again, i think i may have missed an important point of your question.

You currently have booked your owned week for use - which is your exclusive right 6-12 months out. You don't trade in Interval with that week - you can only book in Interval with points. So if you want to book in Interval you will have to cancel your reservation to get your points back. Once you use any of the points from that week you have lost your exclusive right to your week.

Once you have your points back, you can book in Interval thru your Interval portal and it will use the points from CUP. But I prefer to move them to EEE before booking and it will pull from EEE before it pulls from CUP. I do that because i want the life of the points extended - which comes into play if you ever cancel your Interval reservation.

As I mentioned above I do use points for a combination of Interval and Hyatt reservations - but it requires planning. EEE is great with the points extention, but they cannot ever be moved back for Hyatt reservations.

Using a points system for Interval works differently that turning in a week for a week. For example, you cannot upgrade your unit size since the points requirements change. Changing from a 1br to a 2br will require extra points.

Cdcarter76

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak
After reading your post again, i think i may have missed an important point of your question.

You currently have booked your owned week for use - which is your exclusive right 6-12 months out. You don't trade in Interval with that week - you can only book in Interval with points. So if you want to book in Interval you will have to cancel your reservation to get your points back. Once you use any of the points from that week you have lost your exclusive right to your week.

Once you have your points back, you can book in Interval thru your Interval portal and it will use the points from CUP. But I prefer to move them to EEE before booking and it will pull from EEE before it pulls from CUP. I do that because i want the life of the points extended - which comes into play if you ever cancel your Interval reservation.

As I mentioned above I do use points for a combination of Interval and Hyatt reservations - but it requires planning. EEE is great with the points extention, but they cannot ever be moved back for Hyatt reservations.

Using a points system for Interval works differently that turning in a week for a week. For example, you cannot upgrade your unit size since the points requirements change. Changing from a 1br to a 2br will require extra points.
So just to understand because there’s so much info, I just need to cancel my week thru Hyatt & they will give me the points instead? Once I do that I can use those points for bookings in interval? EEE is not great as I will never be able to go back into Hyatt for as long as I own?? TIA

ScoopKona

Reaction score
So just to understand because there’s so much info, I just need to cancel my week thru Hyatt & they will give me the points instead? Once I do that I can use those points for bookings in interval? EEE is not great as I will never be able to go back into Hyatt for as long as I own?? TIA

No, just for this year.

You can:

1) Use what you own. You are done until next year.
2) Convert to points and then spend them either on Hyatt timeshares or Interval timeshares (or hotels if you bought from the developer -- but hotels are the worst way to use your points)

GTLINZ

TUG Member
Reaction score

1) Your week is worth a fixed number of points - week 24 at WOR should be 2000 points. You could have started using some or all of your points one year before your use week to book Interval, Hyatt , or a combination of both instead of reserving your home week. Your points have a lifespan and you just need to spend all (or as many as you can) before they expire. You used the 2000 points for your home reservation but if you cancel you will get them back.

2) Any points you put in EEE cannot be used for Hyatt. It has nothing to do with future points or any points you don't put into EEE. Each use year's allotment of points are unique and you spend them as you wish within the rules.

3) If you use your week every year you don't have to think about points. But you have options including staying less than a week and staying in a smaller unit so you can break up your points into multiple trips. The points buckets can be seen online under your contract. Each bucket has it's own set of rules. You can find a sticky this topic in the forum.

Last edited: