• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Deeded week’s value in points

Lakeshore

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello! How can I find how many points my deeded NCV week is worth? We have always used our week, but I am interested to know what it would be worth if we used it for points. And if we did use it for points, then do we always have to enroll it as points or can we also have to option of just using our home resort week as we have done for the last 18 years? I don’t want to change from week to point enrollment permanently. We have platinum and gold weeks. Thanks for your help!

DRH90277

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Ocean Watch, Newport Coast, Grand Chateau, Custom House, Timber Lodge, VCP's.
Newport Coast - Enrolled Platinum week is worth 3,475 points and the Gold is worth 2,700. And, the Platinum fixed 4th of July week is worth 5,300 points.

Of course, the maintenance fees are the same for all weeks. There is no view distinction in point values for Newport Coast villas.

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
Newport Coast - Enrolled Platinum week is worth 3,475 points and the Gold is worth 2,700. And, the Platinum fixed 4th of July week is worth 5,300 points.

Of course, the maintenance fees are the same for all weeks. There is no view distinction in point values for Newport Coast villas.

And PP Week 52 is 4625 points.

Last edited:

DRH90277

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Ocean Watch, Newport Coast, Grand Chateau, Custom House, Timber Lodge, VCP's.
And PP Week 52 is 4625 points.
Thank you. I never realized week 52 was a premium week and the points exchange value for this week. I guess it could be fun there after Christmas and over New Year's. It can be good weather but not the best and not beach weather. What does PP mean, must be platinum something.

When we bought in 2006, we were told that owners could use the resort facilities year round. I suspect this use has been eliminated by now.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I never realized week 52 was a premium week and the points exchange value for this week. I guess it could be fun there after Christmas and over New Year's. It can be good weather but not the best and not beach weather. What does PP mean, must be platinum something.

When we bought in 2006, we were told that owners could use the resort facilities year round. I suspect this use has been eliminated by now.

PP- Platinum Plus. This is the designation Marriott used for fixed holiday weeks sold as many resorts.

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC

The docs I have for one of our weeks specifically mention the "Year-Round Resort Facilities Use Program" so this stuff is usually built in. However, that benefit, when offered, is usually first-come first-served and at management discretion, and can be ended "at any point". For NCV, if offered, I suspect you can't get it in July and August but I don't see why they'd stop you in the Spring and Fall. Doesn't hurt to call the front desk and ask.

Last edited:

Lakeshore

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our purchase docs from one of our weeks specifically mention the "Year-Round Resort Facilities Use Program" so this stuff is usually built in. However, that benefit, when offered, is usually first-come first-served and at management discretion, and can be ended "at any point". For NCV, if offered, I suspect you can't get it in July and August but I don't see why they'd stop you in the Spring and Fall. Doesn't hurt to call the front desk and ask.
I’m not sure what that means…could you explain? Ncv is not next to a resort, and it has all of its own facilities.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
I’m not sure what that means…could you explain? Ncv is not next to a resort, and it has all of its own facilities.
They were referring to day use privileges for owners. So if you owned and either lived near NCV or was staying nearby, if still allowed, even if you had no week currently booked, you could get a day pass to use the pool, fitness room, etc.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Your suspicions may be misplaced. Reports of being turned away are few and far between, and many report the opposite. Covid aside, we have never been turned down for day use at our Marriott desert weeks, even during spring break and Thanksgiving.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Hello! How can I find how many points my deeded NCV week is worth? We have always used our week, but I am interested to know what it would be worth if we used it for points. And if we did use it for points, then do we always have to enroll it as points or can we also have to option of just using our home resort week as we have done for the last 18 years? I don’t want to change from week to point enrollment permanently. We have platinum and gold weeks. Thanks for your help!
Others have given good advice, but I'll add the following as it appears you are learning the processes.

1. As a purchaser before June 2010, you can enroll your week into the Abound points program. There is a webinar to enroll your weeks for FREE! * see below

2. Once enrolled nothing changes except you have to pay annual dues ($215) to the club. But this fee covers: a new corporate II account, and the dues on it, that will hold your enrolled weeks; lock-off fees to marriott; exchange fees (except upgrade fees).
As long as you stay enrolled you keep these benefits.

3. Each year your week acts as it always did for 18 years. You can reserve and stay, lock-off, and trade those if you wish (all covered by the club dues.) OR, on an annual basis you can decide to deposit your week (for that year only) for points in the Abound club program.

Here are instructions on how to do the webinar.
Sign in to your account, then:
--> click on "Helpful Tools" under "RESOURCES" at the top of the page
--> scroll down and click on the "Ownership Webinar" box at the bottom
--> click "yes" if you get a pop-up box asking if it's okay to leave the page, and you should land on the InsiderFoundations / Owner Learning Center page
--> scroll down to the last video, "Understanding the Benefits of Enrolling Webinar" and note the small print just above it: Owners who reside in the U.S. whose weeks were purchased by June 20, 2010, will be offered free enrollment in the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Exchange Program after viewing this entire presentation.<<

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Others have given good advice, but I'll add the following as it appears you are learning the processes.

1. As a purchaser before June 2010, you can enroll your week into the Abound points program. There is a webinar to enroll your weeks for FREE! * see below

2. Once enrolled nothing changes except you have to pay annual dues ($215) to the club. But this fee covers: a new corporate II account, and the dues on it, that will hold your enrolled weeks; lock-off fees to marriott; exchange fees (except upgrade fees).
As long as you stay enrolled you keep these benefits.

3. Each year your week acts as it always did for 18 years. You can reserve and stay, lock-off, and trade those if you wish (all covered by the club dues.) OR, on an annual basis you can decide to deposit your week (for that year only) for points in the Abound club program.

Here are instructions on how to do the webinar.
Sign in to your account, then:
--> click on "Helpful Tools" under "RESOURCES" at the top of the page
--> scroll down and click on the "Ownership Webinar" box at the bottom
--> click "yes" if you get a pop-up box asking if it's okay to leave the page, and you should land on the InsiderFoundations / Owner Learning Center page
--> scroll down to the last video, "Understanding the Benefits of Enrolling Webinar" and note the small print just above it: Owners who reside in the U.S. whose weeks were purchased by June 20, 2010, will be offered free enrollment in the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Exchange Program after viewing this entire presentation.<<

No lockoffs at Newport Coast- but otherwise yes. Enrolling is worth it if you even occasionally do an II trade for the free account, no exchange fee, and free retrades

Lakeshore

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I remember years ago when they were trying to get us to enroll, however we did not want to, as we go to NCV every year, and I feared our summer week would be devalued in points, as did the Marriott (now bonvoy) points did that was part of the deal when we purchased…if we weren’t going to use our week we had the option of trading it in for Marriott points….at the time it was a week at Newport. Now I don’t even think I could secure three summer nights there with the 125,000 bonvoy points that we would get.
I just wanted to know if there was a way to enroll a singular week for vacation club points just for that one time in case we wouldn’t get an exchange we wanted through interval.
And I think the answer is yes. Sorry I am still a bit confused. I can enroll my week (if I want to a particular year)without totally giving up my week and only having points for the rest of our lives, which may not hold their value over time. Is that correct?

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can enroll my week (if I want to a particular year)without totally giving up my week and only having points for the rest of our lives, which may not hold their value over time. Is that correct?
Mostly correct. The term for the annual choice is 'elect.' The term 'enroll' is the one-time action that brings you into the Abound (formerly Destination Club) program that allows you to have that annual choice. And unlike Marriot Bonvoy, the amount of Abound points you'd receive rarely, if ever, changes, and the amount of Abound points it takes to reserve a given week at a specific resort rarely, if ever, changes. So unless a resort becomes a total dump its value in Abound points will hold its value over time. The points do, however, have expiration dates, although you can bank them to use for at least an additional year. Possibly more depending on your ownership level.

Last edited:

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Thanks for the info! I remember years ago when they were trying to get us to enroll, however we did not want to, as we go to NCV every year, and I feared our summer week would be devalued in points, as did the Marriott (now bonvoy) points did that was part of the deal when we purchased…if we weren’t going to use our week we had the option of trading it in for Marriott points….at the time it was a week at Newport. Now I don’t even think I could secure three summer nights there with the 125,000 bonvoy points that we would get.
I just wanted to know if there was a way to enroll a singular week for vacation club points just for that one time in case we wouldn’t get an exchange we wanted through interval.
And I think the answer is yes. Sorry I am still a bit confused. I can enroll my week (if I want to a particular year)without totally giving up my week and only having points for the rest of our lives, which may not hold their value over time. Is that correct?
You have to first enroll them (no reason to enroll just 1) into the club, then you can choose to elect any or none of them each year for abound points, or do nothing each year.

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC

I was referring to docs I have from a different resort (not NCV), but the general idea is exactly what Fasttr mentioned. So, if NCV offers this, someone living near NCV can presumably buy a Gold week for $3K-$4K and then for the cost of MFs (currently ~$1600 a year) be able to use the facilities on weekends and holidays, presumably excluding the very busy summer months. It may be even more cost effective to consider this at resorts with deeded 1BR units where the MFs are lower.

Here is the wording from the docs I was referring to:

1684378593800.png

They were referring to day use privileges for owners. So if you owned and either lived near NCV or was staying nearby, if still allowed, even if you had no week currently booked, you could get a day pass to use the pool, fitness room, etc.

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC

OK I see what you mean. This resort has 3 Platinum Plus event weeks. Looking at the points charts I see:

Week 7 (Presidents') 2BR requires 5675 points to book
Week 51 2BR requires 6675 points to book (Presumably the spreadsheet item from post 2 labeled "Platinum Plus" showing 6225 points refers to this - would imply a 9.3% skim)
Week 52 2BR requires 8175 points to book (according to you this is worth 7625 elected points - implying also 9.3% skim)

And the allocation for 2BR Platinum Plus Week 7 remains unknown but should be around 6075 points.

@dioxide45 do you manage that MVC election value spreadsheet?

9.3% seems to be the going "skim rate" for event weeks. It's exactly that same amount for NCV week 26 and NCV week 52.

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
If you are referring to the MVC one? Then no, that is @StevenTing

Yes, I was referring to the MVC election values one that's been around for 10+ years: