• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Deed Transfer between relatives

frytard

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Hopefully the right forum? wasnt sure if i should post this here or marrriott forum.

This year i will "officially" be an owner hopefully as i decided i wanted to continue my moms marriott timeshare. When i talked to marriott they said i need to do a title/deed transfer before following the steps of sending the information to marriott. Anyone have experience with this and who to choose? Also what type of cost are we looking at to do this?

Thanks!

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
What you’re talking about is what’s known as a “gratuitous transfer” and is very common. We used LT Transfers, https://www.lttransfers.com/, when my dad was transferring ownership of his TS to my siblings and me, and they’re very reasonably priced. They’re also members of TUG and very highly respected here.

Your thread probably belongs either on the Buying, Selling and Renting forum or on the Marriott forum, so I’ll leave it to the moderators to move it.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
+1 LT Transfers - they are great!

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would agree with LTtransfers as well. Total Charges should be around $260 including recording fees for a single timeshare for most states except HI, NJ & CA (as it applies to MVC) and some have slightly higher recording fees.

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
LT Transfers is run by a law firm, so they would be likely to know what they are doing. Some states require an attorney licensed in that state prepare the deed (like NC does), but every attorney-run timeshare transfer firm I have ever seen will use a local attorney where necessary in those states.

Another good option is to ask the local timeshare management for a recommendation. Sometimes they will have an attorney who does their work who will offer a bit cheaper fee than they would to someone just walking in off the street.

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points
I very recently (February) had a fantastic experience with LT Transfers on a fairly complex family transfer that involved splitting multiple VOIs between two children of the original owner. They handled it with aplomb, got everything exactly right, and it was super fast.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
LT transfers!! I have used them to do gratuitous transfer of Marriott and HGVC deeds. Cheapest option besides do it yourself.