• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Deed Back

Woj

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
3 marriott cypress harbour
1 marriott custom house
About a month ago I saw a post asking if Marriott buy's back deed's. We own three Cypress Harbour week's and one Custom House week. We have been owners since 1995 and over the year's our vacation plans have changed so we decided to thin out the herd. We pay over $6300 in MF and since the airline program changed which is now three reward points for one frequent flyer mile we do not get enough bang for our buck. Last week I emailed the Marriott Resale Dept and I got an email reply today stating that they are ready when we are. I stated that we want to deed back the Custom House and one Cypress week. I emailed the info they asked for and I received another email stating that the process has begun.

hcarman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We asked them as well about our Canyon Villas and Crystal Shores. We had some good vacations but maintenance fees are draining us too much and they aren’t renting as well, if at all, when we can’t travel. We were told yes on Canyon but no on Crystal Shores - likely because MVCI trust program owns much of it.

Woj

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
3 marriott cypress harbour
1 marriott custom house
We asked them as well about our Canyon Villas and Crystal Shores. We had some good vacations but maintenance fees are draining us too much and they aren’t renting as well, if at all, when we can’t travel. We were told yes on Canyon but no on Crystal Shores - likely because MVCI trust program owns much of it.
Yeah we know exactly what you are going through! The Custom House MF are a shade over $2000 and we need to shed one of our Cypress week's. Not getting enough bang for our bucks as did year's ago but we realize that times are changing. Two weeks with approx $2750 in MF fee's is a easier pill to swallow versus $6250!!

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott weeks are usually easy to give away in the free timeshare section here on Tug. Try listing it and see if it’s possible.