• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Deed back Info for Grandview Las Vegas and Hyatt-Welk San Diego

Lucio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview Las Vegas and Hyatt-Welk San Diego
Has anyone done a Deed Back with the Grandview Las Vegas or Hyatt-Welk San Diego??

Do you have the Deed back contact info for these 2 resorts.

Any advice or info wrt to this at these 2 resorts would be greatly appreciated.

Lucio

WorldT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you tried selling it? Grandview Las Vegas units sell generally well especially if it is in RCI points (due to the high point/MF ratio) and you add incentives such as covering closing cost.

Lucio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Have you tried selling it? Grandview Las Vegas units sell generally well especially if it is in RCI points (due to the high point/MF ratio) and you add incentives such as covering closing cost.
I have not tried selling it yet but I should probably list it on this site and see if I can find a buyer while investigating a Deed - Back

Ski-Dad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Grandview LV - Vacation Villages
Do you have a RCI points unit? Depending on the points, you can usually have someone take it off your hands with them paying closing costs.

The 49K and 98K units are worth a few hundred dollars with the buyer paying closing cost. The 49K often go for closing costs.

The 61K and 122K units are worth more, possibly $1K plus.

The 49K and 61K units are one bedrooms and have the same maintenance fee ("MF"). That's why the 61K is worth something. More points for the same MF.
The 98K and 122K units are two bedrooms with the same MF. The MF on these is exactly double (2X) the MF on the 1 bedroom.

The units with lower RCI points are another issue and are more of a liability. The market for Grandview contracts have everything to do with the MF to points ratio, which is about the lowest in the whole RCI ecosystem. I own a 49K points contract for this reason.

The deeded weeks without RCI points aren't worth much, and it may cost you an incentive to give it away.

Lucio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Do you have a RCI points unit? Depending on the points, you can usually have someone take it off your hands with them paying closing costs.

The 49K and 98K units are worth a few hundred dollars with the buyer paying closing cost. The 49K often go for closing costs.

The 49K and 61K units are one bedrooms and have the same maintenance fee ("MF"). That's why the 61K is worth something. More points for the same MF.
The 98K and 122K units are two bedrooms with the same MF. The MF on these is exactly double (2X) the MF on the 1 bedroom.

The units with lower RCI points are another issue and are more of a liability. The market for Grandview contracts have everything to do with the MF to points ratio, which is about the lowest in the whole RCI ecosystem. I own a 49K points contract for this reason.

The deeded weeks without RCI points aren't worth much, and it may cost you an incentive to give it away.
Thanks for the prompt response.

I check with RCI to confirm but I thought I had 80K points/year on the annual 2 bdrm lockout on week #47.

Is this type in high demand??

Lucio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Ski-Dad, have you ever looked into a Deed-back with the Grandview - Las Vegas that is owned by the Berkely Group??

Ski-Dad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Grandview LV - Vacation Villages
I have not looked at the deed-back program. I have a 49K unit, which I should be able to give away at no cost and possibly pocket a few hundred dollars.

If you have an 80K unit, that would be a low season 2 bedroom. These are not particularly desirable units as you pay the same $910 MF as the 98K and 122K units. The value proposition is low on 80K unit. 98K is much better value as you can usually pick one up for a few hundred dollars.

The difference in MF per points is only fractions of a penny, but it adds up over 80,000 to 122,000 points. The 122K unit gets 50% more points for the same price. Units with a point cost below 1 cent are where the value lies.

RCI PointsMFMF per point
80K$9101.14 cents
98K$9100.93 cents
122K$9100.74 cents

WorldT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the prompt response.

I check with RCI to confirm but I thought I had 80K points/year on the annual 2 bdrm lockout on week #47.

Is this type in high demand??
Not considered the best. However, someone might still be interested. My recommendation will be to post it in the free timeshare forum. Offer to cover closing cost and may even prepay maintenance fee for next year.
There is also a TUGG marketplace that you can list but that requires the membership which is $15 to join for 1 year. You can also post on eBay and Redweek. Redweek cost $18.
If you find a buyer, you should consider using LT Transfers to handle closing.
Under no circumstances should you give money to anyone who claims interest in the unit or who promises to help you sell it.

Last edited: