• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cypress Harbour Villa Request

aka Julie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shadow Ridge (platinum)
We will be staying at Cypress Harbour at the end of October. Haven't been there in over 12 years.

Has anyone stayed there recently to comment on the state of the property and if the developers have started construction to convert the golf course to housing developments.

It will just be my DH and I and we prefer a quiet location. Proximity to a pool is not important.

I read the Spring newsletter and it states that Buildings 50-53 were refurbished in 2015.

Thanks.

1st Class

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure the official announcement had even been made when we stayed in March of this year, so can't comment on more recent construction. At that time, several buildings in the area of 66-74 were undergoing refurbishment. (Sorry, not exactly sure which ones.) I am disappointed to lose the golf course views as they really added to the resort's ambiance IMO.

We always stay in Bldg 52 adjacent to the Clubhouse Pool and have never had a problem with noise. In fact, I can't think of a more relaxing place to be. The whole resort is pretty peaceful, with the single exception of the area around the activity center and even there noise is very low key. There is a somewhat secluded, very quiet area with villas overlooking a small pond with fountain and gazebo (Bldgs 70-73). There's another just like it on the opposite side to the far right of the main lobby which also have a view of the lake (Bldgs 54-56). Bldg 60 is located next to a small, very quiet pool.

I suggest you check out the resort map in the review section. Then call the main desk to ask about the refurbishment and construction schedule. The staff is friendly and helpful.

aka Julie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shadow Ridge (platinum)
I'm not sure the official announcement had even been made when we stayed in March of this year, so can't comment on more recent construction. At that time, several buildings in the area of 66-74 were undergoing refurbishment. (Sorry, not exactly sure which ones.) I am disappointed to lose the golf course views as they really added to the resort's ambiance IMO.

We always stay in Bldg 52 adjacent to the Clubhouse Pool and have never had a problem with noise. In fact, I can't think of a more relaxing place to be. The whole resort is pretty peaceful, with the single exception of the area around the activity center and even there noise is very low key. There is a somewhat secluded, very quiet area with villas overlooking a small pond with fountain and gazebo (Bldgs 70-73). There's another just like it on the opposite side to the far right of the main lobby which also have a view of the lake (Bldgs 54-56). Bldg 60 is located next to a small, very quiet pool.

I suggest you check out the resort map in the review section. Then call the main desk to ask about the refurbishment and construction schedule. The staff is friendly and helpful.

Thanks for the info. It seems like there is little detailed info on Cypress Harbour in the TUG Marriott forum. More buzz about the other Orlando properties.

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just came back from a 2 week stay in July. We did not see visible signs of developers starting construction to convert the golf course to housing. We were in building 63 (high floor, end unit) - located across the lake from check-in bldg and two main pools but right next to Activity Center where the boat taxi picks up/drops off (to/from check-in bldg) - very convenient. Even with close proximity to Activity Center, still very quiet but can hear occasional kids outside on the swings when sitting in the screened patio (facing the lake).

aka Julie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shadow Ridge (platinum)
Just came back from a 2 week stay in July. We did not see visible signs of developers starting construction to convert the golf course to housing. We were in building 63 (high floor, end unit) - located across the lake from check-in bldg and two main pools but right next to Activity Center where the boat taxi picks up/drops off (to/from check-in bldg) - very convenient. Even with close proximity to Activity Center, still very quiet but can hear occasional kids outside on the swings when sitting in the screened patio (facing the lake).

Thank you. I really appreciate your info. :)