• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cypress Harbour villa location??

sea

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are very much looking forward to our stay at Marriotts Cypress Harbour in March '09. We'll have 3 units; 1 checking in Thursday, 1 Friday, and 1 Saturday for a family holiday.
We are interested in getting at least 1 room with a view of the Seaworld Fireworks, and in searching the old posts, I determined buildings 69, 70, 71, 52 or 55 are recommended for this. The resort map shows some of these buildings facing totally different directions, so I don't see how they could all face the fireworks. Can someone please comment on this and give assistance?
Many Thanks.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We are very much looking forward to our stay at Marriotts Cypress Harbour in March '09. We'll have 3 units; 1 checking in Thursday, 1 Friday, and 1 Saturday for a family holiday.
We are interested in getting at least 1 room with a view of the Seaworld Fireworks, and in searching the old posts, I determined buildings 69, 70, 71, 52 or 55 are recommended for this. The resort map shows some of these buildings facing totally different directions, so I don't see how they could all face the fireworks. Can someone please comment on this and give assistance?
Many Thanks.

I will defer to others, but offer my own two cents. I don't really know what fireworks one might see at Sea World. Perhaps when we have been they just didn't have any, but when we were there they only had a light show and pretty small display. Nothing like the ones at Magic Kingdom, more like the ones at Epcot (low and lame).

GeNioS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I spent last week at Horizons.....There weren't any fireworks at Sea World.

I called Horizons before our stay to ask them about getting a room that had a view of the fireworks and the girl actually sounded a bit miffed. Said something like "we've got to get the word out you can't see any fireworks from any building."

I think there may be fireworks during the busy season, but we didn't see any last week....

sea

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your comments. I phoned Seaworld directly and inquired about fireworks and they do have a show called 'Mistify' which may be what I've read about in the other posts. According to the website, this show is a combination of lights and fireworks that is put on seasonally. There is no schedule yet for March, so I'll need to wait until closer to our trip to determine if it will be showing.

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was there last spring break and was in building 53. I had a decent view of the fireworks, but honestly, you can't see a lot. You can hear them and the sky is bright and pretty, but they aren't really high in the sky.

I would never request a unit based on this. Pick a unit that is close to the things you want to do on a daily basis (or a quiet place if that's what you want).

P.S. I really like 53 and 54 because they are close to the main building, but there isn't a lot of car and foot traffic like staying in 52 and around the lake the other direction.

sernow

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd vote for being away from main pool area myself. I stayed in 62. Close to a smaller (and quieter) pool, excercise room, activity center and marina, and a gas grill was conveniently located.

I can't recommend Cypress Harbour enough. The facilities at the resort are fantastic.

The market place at the resort is very well stocked.

There's a fantastic Walmart for anything you need nearby on Turkey Lake Road. Make a right onto Westwood from the resort, make a left onto Central Florida Parkway, go past (stay right) the ramp for Rt 4 and then make a right on Turkey Lake Road. It's on the left past the hospital.

There's a Publix supermarket, which is was nice, nearby. Make a left onto Westwood from the resort, a right onto International Drive, and the Publix is down some on Vineland and International. There's also a Publix on Central Florida Parkway past Sea World.

Print off (or study for a few moments) a detailed street map of the area around the resort. The driving seemed confusing at first, but once I got oriented, it made sense.

I made the mistake not checking carefully for admission discounts and rebates because I was so busy before the trip. That was costly because later I saw on http://www.mousesavers.com/ and http://www.undercovertourist.com/ (no affiliation to either) that there were discounts and promotional codes that I could have used to save on stuff we did anyway. I hate paying more than I need to, so I recommend doing a little online reasearch.

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more.

CH isn't the newest, isn't the closest to Disney, and doesn't have a restaurant, but it is the best timeshare I've been to in Orlando including two of the DVCs. It's relaxing, there is a lot to do, and you can walk to everything quickly. I feel very safe and secluded there even though I know I4 is only a mile away and Sea World is less than that.

I can't recommend Cypress Harbour enough. The facilities at the resort are fantastic.

sea

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks again for the comments.
We have stayed at Cypress Harbour previously, and we love the layout of the place, I was however curious about the firesworks mentioned in some of the CH posts, as I hadn't seen/heard of them previously. We're a pretty active family and enjoy a walk her or there to get to the various activities. I'm aiming to get a good unit in a location that works well for us, but IF the children can watch fireworks at night from our balcony, it's a nice bonus. We will stay on-site for most of our vacation, and have 2 or 3 day trips to keep things interesting. We also picked up a studio at Horizons so we can walk across and use the facilities there. Our children will have so many choices they'll be thrilled, and of course we hope the adults will be happy too!

javabean

TUG Member
Reaction score
Watching Fireworks

Last summer we were at Grande Vista and had a nice view of the Seaworld Fireworks which were closer and smaller, and a view of the WDW fireworks, which were higher and farther away. This view was from the walkway in the BACK of our unit. We stood outside along the railing and enjoyed for a while and then went back inside. I mention this because many people from other buildings came over to our side and stood around and enjoyed the view also. Many people were standing along the railing on the upper floors.

I suggest you plan your unit based on what view you want most of the time and just go up to a high floor of a building facing the nighttime shows when you feel like it. We certainly didn't mind that others were on "our" section of the building and there was enjoyment as everyone laughed and commented on the fireworks together for the 15 minutes or so that the show was on.

Enjoy your trip.
We hope to be there someday.

rsnash

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Room Request Suggestions Please

Are the pools at Cypress Harbour heated? If they are, we'd want to be near one, if not, then no point. We are arriving on Jan 11 and after the experience with an unheated pool in the Bahamas in Dec, I'll do without if unheated. We definitely want to have a hot tub near our building. After a day of touring with our Go Orlando Card, I want to be able to soak, then walk quickly to the room.

Do all of the units have parking nearby? Ideally, we'd like to be able to park and not have to walk a long distance to get to our building/elevator.

Should I call Cypress Harbor directly (on Monday the 5th or now) or MVCI if we're going there as an II exchange, but are owners of another Marriott property, to put in a room request?

I think I would most like to have a view of the lake (since that's why we chose CH over the other Orlando Marriotts) and be near the marina to get a paddle boat. We are going to be 2 couples, no kids, so we'd actually prefer to be away from the kid's amenities, like playgrounds. But, I also like to be near the center of the action, i.e. main pool, especially when at Marriotts because there are usually good poolside activities.

Any suggestions as to which rooms/buildings to request?

Thanks!

rsnash

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hmm, reviewing the map of the resort:

cyhar99.jpg

I'm thinking building 65 (or 63, 64) would suit my needs. They are not far from the Marina, near a secondary pool, with the bridge across the lake bringing you to the main building.

But, is there a way to tell from this where hot tubs are located?

I know there are hot tubs in the individual unit, but we think of hot tubbing as a way to relax and sit an chat with others in the late afternoon or evening, can't chat with others if you are in your unit. Even though we have another couple with us, I think it would be awkward to sit in our bedroom hot tub with them.

Oh, WIFI is very important to DH, reading the reviews, it appears they have it, but is there good reception from all buildings?

Last edited:

NJMOM2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Abound Club Points
Marriott Harbour Lake
Marriott OceanWatch
We were there in Nov. 2007 in building 62. There was a water taxi that took you from the marina to the main pool area during the day. It was a fairly long walk from building 62 to the main pool and lobby area. I don't remember exactly how long it took us to walk it but I think it took us about 10 minutes to walk to the lobby area. We took the shuttle service back to the room because it was very chilly that night and we didn't want to walk back. We had a great time there and are looking forward to going back one day! We might even visit it when we go to Horizon's next Nov. 2009.

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are hot tubs at both big pools connected by the bridge crossing the lake.

I'd say that from memory 65 and 66 are a lot closer to the main pool than 62. The water taxi doesn't run all the time depending on the season, so I wouldn't count on that. 65 is maybe 400 yards from the main pool across the bridge.

rsnash

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just so I'm clear, when you say "main pool" you're talking about the one furthest south, by the A in that map, right? And, "island pool" is the one in the middle, to the right of building 65, yes?

What activities are there by the island pool? Is that were the beach area is?

NJN2Mom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cypress Harbor last week 12/22 -12/29

We were in Cedar Key (building 52) unit 5343 (4th floor, 3rd villa from right). We could see fireworks every night around 10ish from our balcony. Not great, but about 10 minutes worth. We did not think it was worth keeping our boys (3 & 4) up to watch them, but we enjoyed a nightcap and the breezes. We had decent weather, mid 70's and sunny. The pools are all heated, and we favored the island pools. There are hot tubs in several places near the pool areas. We enjoyed taking the pontoon boat to the activity center several times, it runs 10am - 6pm from the boardwalk area between the main pools and the island pools. In the evening, there is a shuttle van available to take you back from the activity center.

The WIFI service was out in all the villas the entire time:eek: . This was a big inconvenience, as I could get patchy low signal from HGVC in our villa or head down to the registration area and get wireless connection there. If you need WIFI to work a bit or just want to stay in touch, I would check to see if they have this situation fixed.

There seemed to be a good deal on theme park tickets for doing the sales presentation at Grand Vista, but as we were not doing the parks this trip, I did not pay attention. I would ask if this is your plan.

Overall, we enjoyed MCH and would return again.

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Main pool is at the bottom of the resort map (south?). Island pool is across the bridge. The "beach" is a strip of sand around the lake by the island pool. It's not really a beach, but I suppose kids could pretend it is. It's more like a sand trap on a golf course. No other real activities by island pool, but there is a putting green near by.

I'd make my decision based on what is most important among the following:

Be near main clubhouse with marketplace, food service, and main pool - pick 51-55

Be near activities center - 62,63,64,74

Be in a secluded and quiet spot - 56,57,66-72

I'm not sure what you would get our of 50 or 60 other than being in a high traffic area.

It would take about 25 minutes to walk around the resort from any point if that helps with the size. You can drive from the main pool area to the activities center in less than a minute or two.

Just so I'm clear, when you say "main pool" you're talking about the one furthest south, by the A in that map, right? And, "island pool" is the one in the middle, to the right of building 65, yes?

What activities are there by the island pool? Is that were the beach area is?

rsnash

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is that a little bridge to the island pool I see off the parking lot between buildings 65 and 66? I think I'd most like to be near the island pool if it is.

Thanks for telling me about the WIFI. I'll email/call and ask. Is there a jack for using wired internet if the wireless is out? If dh has to go to the registration area for service, I better request building 53, as that will be the biggest inconvenience to him. BTW, NJN2Mom, your room and building number don't match up?!

rsnash

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called. She said the WIFI was out for a few days but has been fixed.

Building 74 is supposed to have the best view of the Seaworld fireworks, but otherwise has a golf course view.

It is most important, for us, to have easy access to hot tubs and a lake view, and not to be where it is most crowded (especially with kids) so I requested a high floor in building 65 as a first choice.

Thanks you all, I'll let you know if my request is honored.

cindi

TUG Member
Reaction score
So did they discontinue the wired internet service there? Is it only wireless now?

rsnash

TUG Member
Reaction score
OK, I called to clarify internet service. It is wireless in the clubhouse and by registration, it is wired (DSL or T1, she wasn't sure) in the rooms.

NJN2Mom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is that a little bridge to the island pool I see off the parking lot between buildings 65 and 66? I think I'd most like to be near the island pool if it is.

Thanks for telling me about the WIFI. I'll email/call and ask. Is there a jack for using wired internet if the wireless is out? If dh has to go to the registration area for service, I better request building 53, as that will be the biggest inconvenience to him. BTW, NJN2Mom, your room and building number don't match up?!

The story of the internet service was that their service provider went out of business. The story was that their service provider went out of business. In the rooms there is a jack, but even after it was "fixed" we still did not have service. When we asked to have them check it out, no one came.

We were in building 52, room villa 5243, sorry about the typo... so I would ask for 53, they seem to be about the same distance from the ClubHouse, but 53 is a bit farther from the bridge to the island pools, but it is a nice walk.

Cindala

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our daughter and some friends will be staying at Marriott Cypress Harbor arriving on January 11th. We received a special exchange 2 for 1 deal through Interval back in November. We are owners at Grande Vista and while we drove through the grounds at Cypress Harbor, we've never stayed there.

Any tips or recommendations from fellow tuggers who have actually stayed here? BTW, how many floors are in each of the buildings and is elevator access easy? Thanks!!:D