• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cruising TUGgers--It's that time again! [merge]

LynnW

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Dear pollsters,

I am whining because I was unaware of the current quickie poll.

After seeing the previous post, I did try to vote. I'm not certain that it counted after the fact.

Just curious,why no heads up on TUG? Or, was it somewhere that I missed?

Thanks.

Kathleen

I was also waiting for it to be posted here. Are we too late?

Lynn

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sandy re-posted the poll today (7-20) Here's a link to the Cruisin' TUGgers Yahoo page. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CruisingTUGgers/
If you are a member, sign on and vote for where/when you'd like to cruise as a group. If you are not a member, by all means, join, then vote. The more, the merrier.

Jim Ricks

Last edited:

Kathleen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dear Cruisers and Cruisettes,

Goody! I did get my vote in.

If you vote for the Danube Cruise and we go there...I'll buy all Danube voters a drink on the ship.

I told you that I'm not above bribery. Is this against any TUG Rules? I hope not.

Kathleen

LynnW

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I got my vote in too Kathleen. I know we were discussing fall 2011 but I think it would have to be after Sept 15th for us. If the votes go our way I'll take you up on the drink offer! A couple from our golf club went the 3rd week of Sept last year and said it was wonderful.

Lynn

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
We watched a TV production on a Danube cruise. It looked like a geezer convention. Wheelchairs/walkers all over. In defense of the production we saw, it was sponsored by Grand Circle Tours www.gct.com which caters to the senior traveler. Like ocean cruises, one has to make clear what clientele the cruise company targets.

I got an emailing recently from NCL for a 14 night from Barcelona to E.Med including Ephesus Turkey and overnight in Alexandria Egypt with balconies and airfare (from NY) for about what we paid for the June 7 nighter on the same vessel.

Wherever the majority decides, we'll likely participate barring scheduling conflicts.

Jim Ricks

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I closed but kept the poll from 2 years ago. That was the message that members of the yahoo group received.

I did however create a brand spanking new polls, so that we can all vote again. I fixed the poll so you can vote multiple times.

Cheers
Sandy

Last edited:

Elli

TUG Member
Reaction score

If you vote for the Danube Cruise and we go there...I'll buy all Danube voters a drink on the ship.

I told you that I'm not above bribery. Is this against any TUG Rules? I hope not.

Kathleen
You are on, Kathleen, I voted for both the Danube and Baltic Cruise and, so far, the Danube one seems to be more popular.

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine

Kathleen

I was going to say that I would have voted for the Danube cruise anyway. Now that you are bribing people, I'm saying that it was Kathleen's bribe that swayed me! :rofl:

Actually I voted for several cruises that I'd like to take. No Caribbean since I can do those anytime. I'm already booked for a trip in Sept 2011 so I hope it's not then.

Kathleen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lynn,Elli and Pat H,

I'm good for it. If we get to go, I'll bring you your free drink coupon.

I was going to offer to do a Fan Dance...but..the customs people keep taking my feathers! It's so difficult to entertain internationally these days.

Kathleen

mas

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MAR BeachPlace;
Cypress Harbour;
Ocean Watch;
Canyon Villas;
I think the 'when do I want to cruise' poll should have multiple answers also. For example, I selected three different place I would like to cruise, one is a winter destination and the other two are summer. Since my first preference was a winter destination, I selected winter of 2011.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I think the 'when do I want to cruise' poll should have multiple answers also. For example, I selected three different place I would like to cruise, one is a winter destination and the other two are summer. Since my first preference was a winter destination, I selected winter of 2011.

OK I can change it.

Sandy

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sandy re-posted the poll today (7-20) Here's a link to the Cruisin' TUGgers Yahoo page. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CruisingTUGgers/
If you are a member, sign on and vote for where/when you'd like to cruise as a group. If you are not a member, by all means, join, then vote. The more, the merrier.

Jim Ricks

<Bump>
There is a 3-way tie right now between the Baltic, a European river cruise and Greece/Aegean area cruising for an upcoming Cruisin' TUGgers outing.

Any more people interested, or just have an idea where might be fun to go?

Let the planning begin!.... Jim

Kathy Q

TUG Member
Reaction score
Vote early and vote often (that last is for Kathleen:rofl: )

Kathleen

TUG Member
Reaction score

I have taken three cruises, two with Sam and my TUG pals . I have had a wonderful time.

My interest in a European river cruise(Danube) is the scenery,the destinations and the small ship concept. I think that it would be terrifc to have our own group to visit with in between the tour stops. I think that this kind of cruise would have a different pace.

I have yet to speak to any past passenger who didn't love it.

I hope that folks would check out some the websites for river cruises. It's not just for geezers. By the way, Sam and I do refer to ourselves as pre-geezers.

Kathleen (The Briber)

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine

I have taken three cruises, two with Sam and my TUG pals . I have had a wonderful time.

My interest in a European river cruise(Danube) is the scenery,the destinations and the small ship concept. I think that it would be terrifc to have our own group to visit with in between the tour stops. I think that this kind of cruise would have a different pace.

I have yet to speak to any past passenger who didn't love it.

I hope that folks would check out some the websites for river cruises. It's not just for geezers. By the way, Sam and I do refer to ourselves as pre-geezers.

Kathleen (The Briber)

I think you need to raise the ante! :rofl:

Kathleen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi PatH,

If we win,I will give Free..Free...Free... a roaming gnome magnet to each voter for the Danube River cruise.

A free drink..And...a Gnome. Think about it folks.

Ladies! Shore tours gawking at handsome men wearing leather shorts and suspenders.

Men! Shore tours gawking at beautiful women toting quart size mugs of beer.

Kathleen

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
Hi PatH,

If we win,I will give Free..Free...Free... a roaming gnome magnet to each voter for the Danube River cruise.

Ladies! Shore tours gawking at handsome men wearing leather shorts and suspenders.

Kathleen

Kathleen, you just have no shame whatsoever!

Last edited:

Kathy Q

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi PatH,

Kathleen

Holly golly...

What I wouldn't do for a gnome of my own!!! :whoopie:

Kathy Q

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Paula informs me that she'll be bringing her own gnome.... ME! Jim

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
What happens if the three way tie stands?

So far there are less than 60 votes, and last year's poll had over 100, so it's unlikely a tie will stand for long. 'Course KathyQ and Sandy haven't said when the deadline is. I'd think polls should be open for at least 3 weeks, though to allow those who might be traveling to participate.

One way to break a tie and move the 'fence-sitters' would be to have another poll of the tied locations, and perhaps include more information, such as ball-park prices on say, 10 day variants of each choice.

For what it's worth, we just booked a S. Caribbean cruise for this Fall. JR

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
IMHO even if a specific destination/time/cruise line wins the vote, the reality of pricing would affect what's chosen.