• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Crossed out numbers with lower ones next to them?

Jay_G

TUG Member
Reaction score
I joined TUG and RCI about 10 years ago when I bought two South Africa weeks with a group buy. We had a baby 3 years ago and though we have used our timeshare every year I feel like I'm lost as I don't check RCI or TUG very often.

I had 48 (14, 12,12, 9, 1) Points or Trade power things or whatever they are called now and paid the $109 to combine them into one. I've been looking for a DVC resort for fall and seen several at the 37 to 41 point range. I also would like to go back to Eagle Village in early summer.

Several weeks show 16 points which is now crossed out and shows 5 points next to them. I assumed that within 90 days the cost in Traiding power went down to 5 points, but the weeks before these are higher? How does this work? If I hold out for 2 weeks do you think the same thing will happen to the next two weeks?

If I can book for 5 points I'd be happier, knowing that I still had 43 points left to play with, instead of only 40 which might be hard to pull the DVC vacation I want, though I could always switch to Bonnet Creek. I was playing with it on Saturday and saw that Bay Lake Towers was available during my son's 4th Birthday and I hesitated then started dreaming about walking to the Magic Kingdom and taking the monorail back to the room for a nap and pool and realized that I really wanted it, but it was already too late.

I'm still debating between September and late november/early december. I like that september is closer, it's my son's birthday, and it should be pool weather. But the Mermaid ride may not be open yet, and they may still be doing more of the fantasyland construction. In december the mermaid ride should be done, the decorations are awesome, but it could be cold (i've been when it was never more than 50s, too cool for the pool) but it's a longer wait and comming back home 2 weeks before christmas makes christmas too rushed.

kjsgrammy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think RCI will be announcing another "sale" in the very near future. The TPU's have been lowered on various resorts down to 5. Looks like they are for the months of April, May and first part of June. Not all resorts are included in this "sale". This "sale" could disappear tomorrow, next week, or next month - who knows with RCI. If you see a resort for the timeframe you want for the lowered TPU's I wouldn't wait to grab it.