• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Coylumbridge Enrollment Fee?

Jodi0415

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm about to pull the trigger on one last timeshare.

Anyone know the HGVC enrollment fee?

Anyone know how long the enrollment takes? I may have to rescue the points for this year.

What would be your concerns about owning an affiliate?

ConejoRed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Craigendarroch Lodges, HGVC Bay Club, HGVC GP MarBrisa, Westin St. John, Westin Ka’anapali Ocean Villas,
HGVC MAX, Worldmark, Wyndham CWA
When I purchased my HGVC Craigendarroch week last year I only paid a $399 Resort Transfer fee plus the Club fee of $140. Be sure if you don't already own HGVC that they charge you the US Club dues and not the Euro dues (I had to explain that dues was based on where the owner resided not the timeshare). I did not pay an "enrollment fee", but the week I purchased may have already been enrolled in HGVC(?). I also paid a $363 "Original Certificate Fee" to transfer the underlying Holiday certificate to my name (you don't have a deed in the UK).

I own two affiliates and are very happy with them and have not seen any downside to owning an affiliate. Craigendarroch is a fixed week resort (I don't know if Coylumbridge is the same) so it is nice not to have to scramble to make a home week reservation as it is already made while at the same time the points are also reflected in my account so if I decide to not use the fixed week, I can easily use points instead (which then cancels the week reservation).

Jodi0415

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much for your reply!! I don't have to pay the transfer fee. And I'm
not sure it's called an "Enrollment" fee.

It's the fee I have to pay to use the 7000 annual points. We don't have a desire to use the fixed week. My husband played World League football many years ago for the Scottish Claymores and says he could do with never going to Scotland again!! Lol! I'd love to return!

I'm buying because it's 7000 annual points with MF of approx $803 USD (£550)!

We own a 5000 annual in Vegas so this is good for our family of four! Looking forward to traveling and having more space to spread out!

Xpat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV II, Newport Coast, Canyon Villas, Grand Chateau, Phuket, Marbella, Playa Andaluza / HGVC Craigendarroch / Worldmark / Wyndham
When I bought my week at Craigendarroch last year, the transfer fee was included in my purchase price. I think it took just under two months for the transfer to be completed.

I then enrolled via HGVC in Scotland. The enrollment fee was 200 pounds. They might have increased that in line with 2016 changes to the US rate card.
It only took a week to get my HGVC (US) account. At the time, they created a new HGVC account (I already had one for my Las Vegas Blvd week) but said I would only pay one annual HGVC Club Fee for both weeks. In December, they merged my two HGVC accounts.

Maintenance fees (607 pounds for 2016) are a bit higher at Craigendarroch vs Coylumbridge, but still low by 2BR HGVC standards. At both resorts electricity is not included in the maintenance fees and paid by the guest. This works out in favor of those using their weeks for exchanges or HGVC point conversions.

I chose Craigendarroch because I felt safer owning where the whole resort is HGVC: the Lodges where I bought a 2 br plat week 7000pts, as well as the adjoining hotel which was recently converted into timeshare units which HGVC is still selling. I think timeshare resorts that share facilities with adjoining hotels have a bit more uncertainty - if the Hilton Coylumbridge hotel was to be sold or the management contract change to another hotel chain, there might be a negative impact on guest experience and maintenance fees in the timeshare section of the resort.

In my opinion, Craigendarroch plat weeks are one of the best values in the HGVC universe with generally lower purchase and maintenance costs, and the added benefit of HGVC branding (which not all affiliates have).

ConejoRed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Craigendarroch Lodges, HGVC Bay Club, HGVC GP MarBrisa, Westin St. John, Westin Ka’anapali Ocean Villas,
HGVC MAX, Worldmark, Wyndham CWA
In looking at the current fee schedule there are these fees listed:

Club Inventory Activation Fee (enrollment Fee)
Purchased through HRC or its Affiliates - $335
Purchased through Third Party or Private sale - $535

Membership Transfer Fee - $399
First Year Activation Fee Voluntary $399

Not sure which one would apply here, but I expect at least one of the above will probably apply....

My DH is English and his Mom still lives there so we visit every year. Have not actually been to Craigendarroch but plan to on one of our visits. He has a UK bank account so we are able to pay the MF (607 GBP for 2016 ) in local currency so we don't lose out when the exchange rate is bad.