• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

COVID testing for US return - Marriott properties Aruba

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Is that a no to both questions??
A no to both questions.
All info regarding aruba travel is here and changes daily. So if traveling to aruba be sure to check this site
Www.aruba.com

Last edited:

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
A no to both questions.
All info regarding aruba travel is here and changes daily. So if traveling to aruba be sure to check this site
Www.aruba.com
My daughter and boyfriend are heading to the Surf Club this week...My wife and I are booked for the SC in November..we are getting our 2nd shot(moderna) tomorrow.....I have been monitoring the changes daily...thanks for the reply.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are fully vaccinated, do you still need to get a Covid test? Will they soon accept vaccination certificate?
A no to both questions.
Www.aruba.com

Can't find anything here affirming that there is no need for a test if you are fully vaccinated. GrayFal, can you please highlight where that is noted?

klkaylor

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are fully vaccinated, do you still need to get a Covid test? Will they soon accept vaccination certificate?
Here is the CDC rule on that. My best take is The US wants to keep people with active viral contamination from entering and at this point we don’t have evidence that vaccination does not prevent asymptotic viral transmission. This is the US CDC return rule. I will try to post the Aruba entry rule on post vaccination testing for entry.

What if I have had a COVID-19 vaccine or have tested positive for antibodies? Do I still need a negative COVID-19 test or documentation of recovery from COVID-19?
Yes, at this time all air passengers traveling to the US, regardless of vaccination or antibody status, are required to provide a negative COVID-19 test result or documentation of recovery.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Can't find anything here affirming that there is no need for a test if you are fully vaccinated. GrayFal, can you please highlight where that is noted?

Since it doesn't say if you have a vaccine you don't need to do anything assume these rules apply to you.

See answer above.

3 weeks from now it can change. You just need to continue to read the official government websites to stay abreast of the changed.

Last edited:

klkaylor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Aruba rule on post vaccination testing- same logic as US

If I have received the COVID-19 vaccine, do I need to go through the testing and entry requirements? Will this change in the future?To ensure the safety of other travelers, Aruba continues to require that all travelers follow the current protocol, which includes testing either prior to travel or upon arrival at the airport. At this time, proof of vaccination is not currently accepted as a substitute for this testing requirement. The Government of Aruba and Department of Public Health will continue to assess the situation on an ongoing basis and update our processes and protocols, as appropriate, particularly as vaccine distribution expands globally.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please go to the official Aruba government website I proved and read the information for that county. It is all there but info changes frequently.

I have done that - maybe I'm just missing it. I find all sorts of info on testing, but cannot find anything saying if you are vaccinated that you don't need a test. That's why I ask if you could point to a specific place that is mentioned.

I find what klkaylor notes. A test IS needed.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
Since it doesn't say if you have a vaccine you don't need to do anything assume these rules apply to you.

See answer above.

3 weeks from now it can change. You just need to continue to read the official government websites to stay abreast of the changed.

The question was "If you are fully vaccinated, do you still need to get a Covid test? " and your answer was "No"

I believe that is incorrect.

klkaylor

TUG Member
Reaction score
KL, can you comment on the numbers of tourists and “crowding” on the beaches, pools (surf club) and restaurants in Aruba?
80% occupancy at surf. More crowed than Oct but really not crowded.

Where are people wearing and not wearing masks?
Mask wearing is common but correctness is another issue. People are doing well to ballance the fact that the beach and pool are open air sunny and windy. There are paved trails for a long stretch of the beach and mask are rare there but in my opinion not needed

Did you rent a car or are you taking taxis?
Rented a car - mainly for grocery shopping. If you eat out not needed

We are arriving 4 weeks from today and realize things could change in that time. We are renting a car for this trip for the 1st time.

The husband of couple we are traveling with is a doctor in a NJ hospital and gets tested for COVID on a regular basis. Our families have weighed the pros and cons of traveling outside the country at this time and feel with the proper precautions it is a good time (and Aruba a good place) to travel. Fortunately, we have all been vaccinated (my wife is a nurse who is now administering Vax shots) which although is not a guarantee at least assures us we have done as much as we can to protect ourselves.

I appreciate any updates you provide. Enjoy your vacation.
Brian

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Thanks for the response, I currently have no plans to visit Aruba, but it’s good to know what the protocol is and I will keep checking for Aruba and Europe for new info.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Question.
If I have received the COVID-19 vaccine, do I need to go through the testing and entry requirements? Will this change in the future?
Answer.
To ensure the safety of other travelers, Aruba continues to require that all travelers follow the current protocol, which includes testing either prior to travel or upon arrival at the airport. At this time, proof of vaccination is not currently accepted as a substitute for this testing requirement. The Government of Aruba and Department of Public Health will continue to assess the situation on an ongoing basis and update our processes and protocols, as appropriate, particularly as vaccine distribution expands globally

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
Question.
If I have received the COVID-19 vaccine, do I need to go through the testing and entry requirements? Will this change in the future?
Answer.
To ensure the safety of other travelers, Aruba continues to require that all travelers follow the current protocol, which includes testing either prior to travel or upon arrival at the airport. At this time, proof of vaccination is not currently accepted as a substitute for this testing requirement. The Government of Aruba and Department of Public Health will continue to assess the situation on an ongoing basis and update our processes and protocols, as appropriate, particularly as vaccine distribution expands globally

For those that are following this thread ISO correct info, I will take this response as an affirmation that your 'No' comment in #26 was incorrect based on the current provided info. As of right now, even if fully vaccinated, you must still get a test.

Thanks for the clarification (hard to tell what all the 'no's were for) :)

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The question was "If you are fully vaccinated, do you still need to get a Covid test? " and your answer was "No"

I believe that is incorrect.
Apologies. I misread the original question. At this time almost everyone needs to be COVID tested even with a vaccine. The exception is people that have tested positive for Covid 2-12 weeks before their trip. They need to submit their positive dated test along with a medical note stating they had Covid and could travel.

All spelled out on the official Aruba website.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
For those that are following this thread ISO correct info, I will take this response as an affirmation that your 'No' comment in #26 was incorrect based on the current provided info. As of right now, even if fully vaccinated, you must still get a test.

Thanks for the clarification (hard to tell what all the 'no's were for) :)
And I won't go back and change my answer because it will make this whole thread look crazy!! I was responding to the "can I show my vaccine certificate and not test" and as noted, that answer is no! Everyone must test except Covid positive peeps wk2-12.

deniseh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Destination Points
I work in long term care and our medical director is still saying it is possible to both get the virus and transmit it even if vaccinated so I doubt at this time that testing requirements will go away. Perhaps once there is more data that shows risk is very small.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
So you need to bring your COVID-19 vaccinated card correct.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So you need to bring your COVID-19 vaccinated card correct.
See #36,37,38,39

As of today, even with a Covid vaccine, you must have a negative Covid test to enter Aruba.

I hate to use the word NO because that’s what started the confusion but your statement is incorrect. Having a vaccine does not change Aruba’s entry requirement.

klkaylor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got tested at the Cove mall Fit 2 Fly clinic. 5 min walk from Marriott surf club. Walk in from 0800-2200- no apt required. Great folks got us in early so we could make our dive boat. Less than 10 min start to finish. Results to be back by 10pm tonight as they batch up load. We did antigen test for $50. Th have PCR as well but the US is OK with antigen. They even offered to print us a hard copy tomorrow. I will update this tomorrow on the return of results.

klkaylor

TUG Member
Reaction score
So test available at 2000 local. Web site easy to register and set up. PDF downloaded. Uploaded easily to United. So two choices for testing. PCR for $100 at the Surf Club - folks have found it easy as well. Fit2Fly was easiest for antigen at $50. Rec folks do their own research and then easy choices. Right now the entry test to Aruba is harder than the exit. We are back home tomorrow and are now trying to fit Aruba into our trips again soon.

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
My daughter and boyfriend arrived in Aruba yesterday afternoon...absolutely no problems at the airport....they retrieved their luggage and were leaving the airport for the Surf Club in 20 minutes...spoke to her this morning....weather is perfect...temps in the 80's and breezy...will do a follow up next week

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Is that a no to both questions??
Oops- sorry- they don’t accept a vaccination certificate. You still need to be tested.

mrsc

TUG Member
Reaction score
We had plans to go in May but are thinking of cancelling. With a family of five, the cost of testing plus the cost of Aruba mandated covid insurance will exceed $600. That is a high expense, hopefully something will change in the near future.

klkaylor

TUG Member
Reaction score
So back from Aruba - Covid testing was clearly the issue for all-discussed by many at the pool and beach - and agree with mrsc that cost is an issue especially with a big family. Using Vault for home testing may help and only do antigen testing to return can reduce the cost somewhat.
I wanted to say that while I think the onsite testing at the Surf Club could be improved - cheeper option and better website. I wanted to say that my stay was very easy. Three reservations (all do to airline changes) merged by the front desk. Never had to change rooms even when we went from 2 bedroom to one. Check in and check out went like clockwork - doing most of the forms by email early was great. Staff was wonderful - got soap, towels, dishwasher detergent laundry detergent delivered whenever we asked. Hopefully the covid testing requirements will decrease but do plan to return.

Finally yes you need to covid test to enter and to reenter the US even after having been vaccinated as of today but things change daily with covid testing/requirements.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So back from Aruba - Covid testing was clearly the issue for all-discussed by many at the pool and beach - and agree with mrsc that cost is an issue especially with a big family. Using Vault for home testing may help and only do antigen testing to return can reduce the cost somewhat.
I wanted to say that while I think the onsite testing at the Surf Club could be improved - cheeper option and better website. I wanted to say that my stay was very easy. Three reservations (all do to airline changes) merged by the front desk. Never had to change rooms even when we went from 2 bedroom to one. Check in and check out went like clockwork - doing most of the forms by email early was great. Staff was wonderful - got soap, towels, dishwasher detergent laundry detergent delivered whenever we asked. Hopefully the covid testing requirements will decrease but do plan to return.

Finally yes you need to covid test to enter and to reenter the US even after having been vaccinated as of today but things change daily with covid testing/requirements.
Thanks for sharing your real time experience. I was at La Cabana for 6 weeks 12/27-2/6 and am heading to the Ocean Club for 5 weeks April - May. It is so helpful to know how it really plays out and hopefully lifts some of the stress people are feeling. Aruba has made the return process very easy and transparent and as long as people traveling follow the www.aruba.com and their state website https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-travel-advisory for the latest info and US Gov website https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel.html you will be fine.

Can’t wait for my return trip and warm weather.

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
Kl, thanks for the updates and information about testing and the Surf Club. Glad you had a good trip and that the Surf Club staff and experience was up to par (always normally great).

We leave in 3 weeks and can’t wait to return to Aruba ( now almost 20 months since our last visit). Although we are fully vaccinated we aren’t taking anything lightly or for granted. I’m glad to hear that precautions are still in place there and we will be able to enjoy the beaches, weather and outdoor dining that we love about Aruba.

Brian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk