• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Coursea 100% online learning

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Q:
Has anyone here taken an online course @ Coursea . org

Coursera is an online education and learning-based platform.
It allows students to enroll in courses, specialize in a field of their
choice & study the subjects that will help them on their career paths.
You can build skills and earn degrees from top universities

Coursera offers several options, free, flat rate or monthly subscription.
I have completed one free course Covid-19, Contact Tracing, JHU
and it has peaked my interest in other subjects, like learning more
about epidemiology and Understanding Prostate Cancer, etc.

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mini Review

Just finished auditing a very informative Online Course
by Kenneth J. Pienta, M.D. - Johns Hopkins University

Understanding Prostate Cancer

I learned about the biology, incidents, and risk factors of prostate cancer, as well as prostate cancer screening. How prostate cancer is found, diagnosed, and staged, treatments, side effects & bone density. I would highly recommend this course to anyone who wants to increase their knowledge of Prostate Cancer.

You can audit this course for free. When you audit a course, you can access the course materials without graded assignments or the ability to earn a certificate (Coursea .org)

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Q:
Has anyone here taken an online course @ edx . org

EdX offers the highest quality online courses and programs from institutions who share a commitment to excellence in teaching and learning.

You can access course material free and there in no charge to audit a course.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
I've taken several Coursera classes, not for job training, but because I'm retired and just wanted to learn more. The ones I took were free. To get a course completion certificate, you have to submit your homework, and grade the homework of 3 other people. I only got a certificate in one of the classes I took because I was too lazy to grade others. Several classes I dropped when I lost interest, just by going AWOL. The most interesting class was taught by Robert Shiller, a Noble prize winner in economics. The most fun class was History of Rock, Part One, which covered the origins of rock until the end of the 1960's. They offer classes for many different fields of interest, and are taught by mainly university professors.

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
August

Measuring and Maximizing Impact of COVID-19 Contact Tracing!

Free course created by John Hopkins Bloomberg School of Health and courtesy of Bloomberg Philanthropies, Instructor: Emily Gurley. This online course includes a certificate and the fee is waived.

Coursea . Org

Last edited:

stmartinfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
Thanks for this info. Not familiar with this opportunity and will check out the offerings. I was just thinking it would be good to give my brain a challenge!

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
I have taken courses from Coursera for personal purposes. The purposes were to satisfy curiosity :)

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last Day of Summer

Completed three courses offered by Columbia University in the City of NY

Last edited:

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fall

Getting Ready to start another course

Last edited: