• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Countdown to Cabo

Valleykat

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are going on our first exchange to Cabo San Lucas, checking into Villa Del Arco on 10/18. I have done a lot of research on the web, and here is what I have planned. I have arranged roundtrip airport transportation with Arturo at translobo.com, based on the high praises of Trip Advisor Cabo San Lucas forum participants. I purchased restaurant vouchers from loscabosguide.com for 65% of their face value. In other words, I got $500 worth to spend for only $325. I ordered vouchers for Baja Cantina Beach, Baja Cantiina Dockside and Panchos. There are 4 in our party. I was disappointed that they were out of Crazy Lobster vouchers, but I still plan to go there. I have Trappers List and a couple other restaurant review sites saved to my favorites. Aside from those mentioned, we'll be looking for some budget eats convenient to our villas, so please share if you know of any. We are planning to book a few activities, and I chose the following based on reviews and our personal interests:

Oceanus mini-subs http://www.loscabosguide.com/oceanus/

Desert safari http://www.cabo-adventures.com/desert-safari/index.htm

Risselena sunset cruise http://www.cabofishingvacations.com/Rissalena_boat.htm

That is about it. I don't want to overplan. Anything we shouldn't miss? Any travelers' advice?

Kenrabs

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
You'll,love,Arturo.He,and,his,service,is,the,best,and,worth,the,extra,cost.Tell,him,Ken
and,Claudia,from,Mass,said,Hi.We,stayed,at,Del-Arco,in,July,and,it's,nice.Try
Lenny's-Deli,for,breakfast,or,lunch.Food,at,Arco,is,expensive,and,Tabascos,was
the,closest,beach,club,for,cheaper,dinning.

nana7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tabasco beach bar right on the beach near you is good and very reasonable.
But a few times a week THE BURRITO/TOMALI man comes with a cooler and is just behind Tabasco and nearer to Cascadas. This is very safe and the best burritos, and tomalies you will eat. You can take them back to your room or just sit on the beach. cAN'T SIT IN Tabasco's!

Valleykat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. That is just the sort of info I was looking for. I had read about Tabasco's and planned on checking it out. Glad to know you speak well of it. As for the Burrito/Tamale guy, that is new to me and I will be looking for him. Keep the tips coming.

Last edited:

Barbeque

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
For nice meals, and not too expensive try the following

Cascadas Beach Grill. Walk on the beach from your hotel.

Villa Serena. A short cab ride Beautiful sunset view, excellent food and reasonable pricing.

Misiones de Kino Downtown great food.

We also like the Galeon and Romeo and Julieta.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
There's a really good and inexpensive place for lunch called Gardenias. If you start walking toward town from your resort on the street (not the beach), go past Cascadas, Pueblo Bonito Rose, and keep walking; after about the second or third intersection (can't remember exactly) look to your left. If you're at the correct intersection you'll see Gardenias about half a block down the street. They aren't open in the evenings so go there for lunch. Wonderful food.

Also, when you're at the marina, look for the new location of Senor Sweets next to the Harley Davidson Cafe. It should be open by now. Also, in the mall food court area (go up the steps in the corner to the right of Ruth's Chris Steak House) and look for Taco Inn. That's my 20-year old son's favorite place for inexpensive tacos.

We've always enjoyed the Caborey sunset cruise. You can go for the dinner & show or the lesser expensive appetizer/snack menu, which is quite substantial.

nana7

TUG Member
Reaction score
I second Gardenas for lunch. Some of the best shrimp taco's I ate in Cabo

The Tamali man that is behind Tabascos does not come every day. Maybe 4-5 times a week. He is easy to find because you will hear him calling: TAMALIS..BURRITOS. If you ask him to make chili stuffed peppers , he will bring them. The serving is very large and enough for 2 for lunch. EXCELLENT.

timesharejunkie4

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you've got a good plan. We did the Oceanus mini-subs a few years back and it was a lot of fun. Enjoy!
29 days til we arrive in Cabo (VDP and VDE) - can't wait!

Valleykat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all these great leads. I am noting them all. I am compiling a notebook with copies of your suggestions and maps, etc. so we will be prepared when we go. I don't plan to pay for internet so I want to be very organized ahead of time. I have wireless internet, but it is Verizon and I understand it won't work there, correct?

nana7

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can find internet service for a fee and if you are wireless you can hook on to 'some of' the wirless for free. Verizon works any place. you just have to got to the wireless and find a server. Ask someone here before you go.
I know that the Bonita , which is right next to Cascadas has free wireless in the lobby. Just act like you are staying there and it works. Might even work at Del arco...ask ahead of time.

Valleykat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Nana. I am bringing my computer anyways to have on our layover so I will check it out when I get there. I thought I had read on TA that you can't get cell phone service in Cabo, so that is why I assumed I wouldn't be able to connect to Verizon. You're right though. I may be within range of someone else's wireless service. VDA charges $15+tax/day for in room internet service and they have computers available near the lobby for a fee, so I'm guessing they don't have wireless themselves.

Kenrabs

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
For nice meals, and not too expensive try the following

Cascadas Beach Grill. Walk on the beach from your hotel.

Villa Serena. A short cab ride Beautiful sunset view, excellent food and reasonable pricing.

Misiones de Kino Downtown great food.

We also like the Galeon and Romeo and Julieta.

I also second Villa Serena. You'll need a cab about $15 each way. Great non Arch ocean view. Reasonable prices and very good. I had the seafood stuffed Snapper and it would have filled 2 people. Also it's sister restaurant Pueta Vieja is very good with a distant Arch view also $15 cab ride. If you go to loscabosguide.com and can get vouchers for these restaurants they become a steal. Also if you can get vouchers for the Mi Casa group you can dine at Peacocks which is close by. The food was wonderful with fantastic service, and a great deal using the vouchers. The Original Park and La Golondrina are good deals with the vouchers. The food was better at the Park with Golondrina having the better atmosphere. La Casa Del Pozo with vouchers is good, but wouldn't do with out them. They are all walking distance from the resort.