• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

COSTCO car rental

uop1497

Reaction score
Hello

My reservation with Costco for my coming trip got cancelled right in front of my eye , within a couple seconds . I did not cancelled them myself and I do not received any email confirm of cancellation like I normally do when cancelling it myself.

They just disappear mystery on my PC screen like they never exits before. Does anyone here has same problem like me .

If you do, Please share. Thank you

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
That is strange. I've never had that happen.

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
PHP:
h
Hello

My reservation with Costco for my coming trip got cancelled right in front of my eye , within a couple seconds . I did not cancelled them myself and I do not received any email confirm of cancellation like I normally do when cancelling it myself.

They just disappear mystery on my PC screen like they never exits before. Does anyone here has same problem like me .

If you do, Please share. Thank you
Nope.

I'd change the password on your Costco account. Assuming it is not human error on your part, it sounds like someone may have control over your account.

It could also be malware on your device, but I doubt they would be bothering to mess with your Costco car reservations.

-ryan

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I'd suggest trying to access the Costco website from another computer, to see if the reservation is really gone. Whenever a reservation is cancelled, Costco will send you an email confirming the cancellation. If you didn't receive such an email, it may not be cancelled at all.

You received a Costco confirmation code when you made the reservation. Find that code and trying calling Costco Travel and ask if the reservation can be reinstated. Chances are it's still in place, but your computer is acting up.

Dave

uop1497

Reaction score
This is the first time that happens to me. I only rent car with Costco 2 times so far.

My reservations ( 2 days full size and 3 days SUV) are gone for sure, I never received any email notification of the cancellation of these two revervation . I contact Costco and they first said I have not successfully completed the booking at that time, so it was cancelled .Then later said I cancel it myself . :mad:

FYI, Other reservations still intact and show in my account. I often book and rebook new a car rental reservation with a lower rate, and cancel the one with higher price. However, I did not cancel my car rental for my Seattle trip coming up. I get good rate and need a car for my trip.

Costco personnel told me that they will check with Alamo to see if Alamo will honor me the same price as the one had been cancelled . I will know the answer by Monday.

I do not place much hope on it. I told Costco Representative that their system is not reliable.

Last edited:

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I told Costco Representative that their system is not reliable.

I would amend that the Costco system has been unreliable for you this one time. You did say you had used it successfully in the past.

I've used Costco many times, as have others who post there, with no problems.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I have never had a problem with a Costco booking. This does sound strange. The only way to cancel is to do so online through the Costco Travel portal. Though DW did also cancel one directly through Alamo because she didn't know you should cancel it through Costco.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think that Monday morning when everyone can talk together, it will be resolved to the customer's satisfaction. Costco is like that.

Icc5

TUG Member
Reaction score
25+ times

I have never had a problem with a Costco booking. This does sound strange. The only way to cancel is to do so online through the Costco Travel portal. Though DW did also cancel one directly through Alamo because she didn't know you should cancel it through Costco.

I've used Costco at least 25 times and never had a problem. For that reason they are my go to first every time.