• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Costco and Coronavirus Panic-Shopping

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
Jan, which Costco is this? Spouse asked, and said we may have to start doing that here, in NW Washington. Unprecendented lines.

Dave
We went to Issaquah store this morning around 40 minutes after they opened.
They are trying to promote social distancing by limiting number of shoppers in the store, allowing 20 people in at a time, and counting the numbers existing the warehouse. Also every other register line was open . We waited about 10 minutes to enter. When we left about 1.5 hours later there was no line.

We stocked up, 2 carts worth so we wouldn't have to shop every week. There were limits on certain items such as hydrogen peroxide. We were told there wasn't rice, but saw a small pallet of basmati, so we picked up a bag.

terrygee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ken:
My reference to folks 'getting a grip' and 'acting sensibly' was NOT a direct reference to you and I think that was clear in my post.
I don't know how you could have interpreted it as such, but then again you seem to have different take on what's been written ... starting with Dave.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Ah, see, we're just all gonna have to keep some humor in these tough times, and that was funny. Except for whoever thinks it is real.

Hopefully, anyone seeing it will catch that it's a joke. Too many errors (Costco doesn't usually give "partial refunds" on things), and typos, ("containated"), including the signature at the end, "Sincerely, Coscto" I'm pretty sure if it was legit, they'd be able to spell their own name. :D

Dave

Last edited:

Brett

Reaction score
The returns haven't started yet. People are still panic-buying everything, and what was happening here is now happening all over the place. Once they think they don't need everything they bought, they're going to want to return it.

Dave

OK maybe some bargains at yard sales later this year

panic6-58-31.jpg

Maple_Leaf

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Not just the glove box but some in the center console too. Think of all the times you said to your spouse or they said to you "Why do we need all these napkins in here?"

1584288386026.png

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Patti says she heard on morning News that Costco (and other retailors) has announced they WILL NOT be allowing customers to return all the water and toilet paper they bought in the panic.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Overheard a gentleman at Trader Joes who said he bought TP at the liquor store... Could also be local business owners stocking up at Costco to resell or have available for their employee.

LOL perhaps employee bonuses this year will be in the form of TP?

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
My physical therapist did a quick in and out with me today then cut me loose for two weeks. Only hip/knee replacement etc patients will be seen. She said the Realtor in the plaza next to her apartment building was handing out rolls of TP on Saturday so she and her roommate each grabbed one. The SOBs at Target cancelled the TP order I placed on the 8th. I'd checked it on the 11th when I figured it should have arrived and it said delivery today which was fine because we aren't desperate yet (and have a warm water butt washer too). Didn't find that out they'd cancelled it until I checked today to see if I could see a delivery time online so we could be here to make sure no porch pirate grabbed the bundle that obviously looked suspiciously like TP. So far two neighbors have left me an onion when I posted I had lemons if anyone had an onion (and they could have lemons even if they had nothing to share). Chicken stew tomorrow. Cliff is happy to report that although there was scant fruit and veggies at 1pm at Trader Joes's, there was no lack of Two Buck Chuck or scotch.

geekette

Reaction score
Patti says she heard on morning News that Costco (and other retailors) has announced they WILL NOT be allowing customers to return all the water and toilet paper they bought in the panic.
Good. No stores should take back hoarded goods.

bought too much? share or barter. It's a sunk cost.

geekette

Reaction score
Overheard a gentleman at Trader Joes who said he bought TP at the liquor store... Could also be local business owners stocking up at Costco to resell or have available for their employee.

LOL perhaps employee bonuses this year will be in the form of TP?
my bonuses were usually the substance that tp generally is in contact with.

geekette

Reaction score
My physical therapist did a quick in and out with me today then cut me loose for two weeks. Only hip/knee replacement etc patients will be seen. She said the Realtor in the plaza next to her apartment building was handing out rolls of TP on Saturday so she and her roommate each grabbed one. The SOBs at Target cancelled the TP order I placed on the 8th. I'd checked it on the 11th when I figured it should have arrived and it said delivery today which was fine because we aren't desperate yet (and have a warm water butt washer too). Didn't find that out they'd cancelled it until I checked today to see if I could see a delivery time online so we could be here to make sure no porch pirate grabbed the bundle that obviously looked suspiciously like TP. So far two neighbors have left me an onion when I posted I had lemons if anyone had an onion (and they could have lemons even if they had nothing to share). Chicken stew tomorrow. Cliff is happy to report that although there was scant fruit and veggies at 1pm at Trader Joes's, there was no lack of Two Buck Chuck or scotch.
Love the neighbor sharing! we have a fairly active Next Door group.

To me, it makes sense to have a lot of liquor stocked, some people are going to need to be sedated to get through the next few weeks. or months?? see, that right there makes me want 2 fingers of scotch, please.... actually, my brother gave me a massive bottle of Crown Royal for my birthday, so I should be set...

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
Love the neighbor sharing! we have a fairly active Next Door group.

To me, it makes sense to have a lot of liquor stocked, some people are going to need to be sedated to get through the next few weeks. or months?? see, that right there makes me want 2 fingers of scotch, please.... actually, my brother gave me a massive bottle of Crown Royal for my birthday, so I should be set...

I emptied a bottle of Gentleman Jack at dinner. I only had enough for one. I went to the liquor store as soon as I finished eating. Now, I’m set.

Harry

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
We are well stocked in Liqour, Wine, and Beer.

Went to Costco this evening. No bottled Water, no TP, no sanitizing wipes, no Tortillas, no canned chicken, etc. I have never seen the shelves so empty. Luckily they had Patti's wine and various fresh salads. Talking to one of the employees the 7am Truck did not arrive until 1pm. They had no idea what it contained until they opened the door. The Food Court has removed all the tables. They are only offering carry out pizza and hot dogs.

Last edited:

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
I know this is a Costco thread but I had to stop in Sams today. Very empty meat and freezer sections and very few people.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just went to Costco late this afternoon. There were more people there than normal at that time. Also, many items were depleted that that particular Costco has plenty of including eggs, chicken, and loaves of bread.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I emptied a bottle of Gentleman Jack at dinner. I only had enough for one. I went to the liquor store as soon as I finished eating. Now, I’m set.

Harry
We have a liquor cabinet and the overflow is a cabinet in the kitchen. We mostly drink beer so the rest of the stuff doesn't get used that often - mostly holidays. I had another couple over for dinner one night and first we brought out something from the liquor cabinet then had to grab a different bottle from the overflow in the kitchen. My friend took one look at the bottles and said "two liquor cabinets! I'm coming to your house when there's a zombie apocalypse"! I thought of her tonight because we are only stocked with food for a week, maybe two, but man, we have enough booze to get us through the rest of 2020. I figure that scotch will be a tiger trader during a TP shortage!