• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

cost for changing name on reservation?

jdunn1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone. Does Marriott charge anything to change the name on my home week reservation? If so, how much?

I just listed my week with ownertrades and I hope I can work out a trade with someone, but I was wondering if I will have a fee, when/if I change the name on my reservation.

Anyone have good success with ownertrades. So far, looks like there are lots of people who might want my oceanwatch week, but I've emailed a few of them this morning and no response. That site is currently being updated and there are email problems to boot. Just wondering if other owners have exchanged their week with another owner and did you use ownerweeks.com? Anything I need to cautious about? Thanks.

-jim

yumdrey

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott and Starwood don't change money to add (or change to) guest's name.

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
Jim
I have done in the past on both timeshares and hotel rooms with no problems. Good luck renting out your TS.:)

jdunn1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks to both of you for the quick answers. John, thanks for the well wishes, too. I would love to use my week this summer, but I already have plans for that week and all the other summer weeks are booked, so I need to do something with my week and II really isn't an option so I hope ownertrades.com works out. I'm quickly finding that I do not like renting, but trading a week for a week with another owner sounds nice. Take care.

Jim
I have done in the past on both timeshares and hotel rooms with no problems. Good luck renting out your TS.:)

SDMiller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Name change on vacation club week

How do I go about changing the name on my week reservation - do I need to make the call to a vacation rep after the reservation or can I do it at the time of making the resv? Do I need to purchase a gift cert like Interval Intl?

SD

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
It's best to just add the name of your guest. . .not change the name completely. That way the room will still be under your Marriott Rewards no. and you will get the credit for the nights stayed. Have your guest register their credit card for expenses and liability.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
SD- it's easy to call the reservations number when you know your guest's name and just add it to the reservation, and there is no fee for this. They will send you a confirmation e-mail and you can forward that to the renter (and cross out any account information that you don't want to send). As Quilter poster above, the renter uses his/her cc at check-in to cover incidentals and for any damages, just like you do when you check-in normally.

Jim- The Classified section here on Tug also has a nice trading section that you might want to post in as well.

tmoscola

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jim - I sent you a PM.

For everyone else interested, it is as easy as calling Owner Services and having the name of your guest added to the reservation. I have previously traded with another owner and the process was quick and painless. No additional costs associated.

byebye

TUG Member
Reaction score
Name change

I'm a little curious about adding the guest name to the reservation. I rented out my BPT and Marriott removed my name so just the renter's name is on the reservation. Today I rented out my ASC and they would not remove my name. She said that if there is any damage since I am the owner I would have to pay. When I told her about the other reservation she said someone made a mistake. So do you know what Marriott's policy for changing the name on the reservation currently is? Or how this should be handled? These are my first rentals and I wouldn't like it if I have to pay. Thanks.

Smooth Air

TUG Member
Reaction score
Quilter, So, does that mean that if a person with a Marriott Rewards Number rents form a Marriott Owner, the Owner, not the Renter, gets the Marriott points?
That does not seem right. I recently rented one of my weeks to somebody & it did not even occur to me that I would get the points. I assumed that the Renter would give the front desk his MRN when he checked in.

dmorea

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone have good success with ownertrades. So far, looks like there are lots of people who might want my oceanwatch week, but I've emailed a few of them this morning and no response. That site is currently being updated and there are email problems to boot. Just wondering if other owners have exchanged their week with another owner and did you use ownerweeks.com? Anything I need to cautious about? Thanks.

-jim[/QUOTE]

I have used ownertrades in the past, successfully. :clap:

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

-jim

I have used ownertrades in the past, successfully. :clap:[/QUOTE]

Don't forget to look at the trading section in the classified section here on Tug, which has other systems besides Marriotts. I even did a 3 way trade last year very successfully for all parties, with reservations being made to suit everyone's travel needs.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quilter, So, does that mean that if a person with a Marriott Rewards Number rents form a Marriott Owner, the Owner, not the Renter, gets the Marriott points?
That does not seem right. I recently rented one of my weeks to somebody & it did not even occur to me that I would get the points. I assumed that the Renter would give the front desk his MRN when he checked in.

It depends on whether the renter realizes/thinks about it and changes the rewards number.