• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Coronado Beach Resort

5finny

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think RCI is a good use for this resort you are paying $1320 ($660 x 2) for 37 TPU and that is awfully high
Nothing wrong with joining RCI (if you don't already belong) for cheap last minute rentals but that is a whole different thing

I don't believe this resort trades through II
Renting it yourself while patiently trying to sell could work
I think you may be underestimating yourself though
For one studio you worked the GPX system to get two weeks in Hawaii--a lot of people would be pleased with that (Even with the extra fees)

Last edited:

Ddee555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn; San Clemente Cove, Coronado Beach Resort; Gaslamp Plaza Suites; Royal Aloha Vacation Club (RAVC)
I own a one bed EOY at Coronado and one of the reasons we like it is for the day use. If you live in Southern California, it's nice to drive to CBR and park the car in the underground garage (free for owners) and borrow all the beach equipment for free to use on the one of the nicest beaches in the U.S. -- the beach in front of The Del Hotel. My family loves this resort and because we own at other timeshares, I have traded back in to stay many times beyond my owners' EOY week.

Your studio would be perfect for empty nesters or couples without kids. I think that your unit has value because it is a prime summer week even if it is a studio because CBR is nice resort in a great location. If you sell it, it just needs to be marketed to the right niche of people.

DayTraveler

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts. Coronado Beach Resort.
Have you looked at exchanging it through other exchange companies? You might consider looking at SFX. I think it would be considered high demand for them. There are still exchange fees, but you can exchange to a lot of other places that won't have the resort fee if you feel like you will still be taking one week vacations. For example, I just paid $149. to exchange to a one bedroom new hotel in Anaheim. No additional fees.

I cannot remember if Coronado Beach Resort trades in RCI or II, but that week would be considered high demand in either of those. You'd have to pay a yearly membership fee and the exchange fee. You'd have access to a lot of locations and many of those won't have a resort fee.

It sounds like you aren't in any type of hurry, so you can list with their resale department. Call member services and ask about it. I cannot remember what it's called, but they have another company that resells some of their properties and I believe that Coronado is one of them. They list at ridiculously high prices, but people who want to buy there and have never heard of Tug and don't understand the resale market will probably buy from them. When I wanted to purchased Villa L'auberge, they had some for sale and I think the cheapest one was around $7K. I found the exact unit that I wanted on Ebay for $53. and bought it on Ebay instead. That's just to give you an example of how high they list their resales. I also never saw any units sell from them, but if you aren't in a hurry it might work out for you to keep exchanging your week while you wait for it to sell through them.

Another option is to rent it out. If you rent it out yourself (don't use GPX rental service), you should be able to cover your costs and make a few hundred bucks on top of it.
Not sure if I ever thanked you for such an informative response. Thank you. : )

DayTraveler

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I own a one bed EOY at Coronado and one of the reasons we like it is for the day use. If you live in Southern California, it's nice to drive to CBR and park the car in the underground garage (free for owners) and borrow all the beach equipment for free to use on the one of the nicest beaches in the U.S. -- the beach in front of The Del Hotel. My family loves this resort and because we own at other timeshares, I have traded back in to stay many times beyond my owners' EOY week.

Your studio would be perfect for empty nesters or couples without kids. I think that your unit has value because it is a prime summer week even if it is a studio because CBR is nice resort in a great location. If you sell it, it just needs to be marketed to the right niche of people.
[/QUOTE
I missed saying thank you for this response. I really appreciate it. You bring up some great points. Thank you. : )

DayTraveler

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't think RCI is a good use for this resort you are paying $1320 ($660 x 2) for 37 TPU and that is awfully high
Nothing wrong with joining RCI (if you don't already belong) for cheap last minute rentals but that is a whole different thing

I don't believe this resort trades through II
Renting it yourself while patiently trying to sell could work
I think you may be underestimating yourself though
For one studio you worked the GPX system to get two weeks in Hawaii--a lot of people would be pleased with that (Even with the extra fees)
Thank you for this response. I appreciate it.

DayTraveler

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I can't tell if I forget to say thanks to anyone who responded to my post. So thank you to everyone. I really value hearing what others have to share. You folks are all very knowledgeable. Thank you.

Briana Lane

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott, WorldMark and Grand Pacific Palisades
Just seeing your post and wondering if you were able to sell? We are looking to sell our one bedroom that I inherited from my parents. It is week 46 and every year-so also trying to determine a value.
I also deducted money from my share of the trust, based on the value given by GPX representatives and the resale group. Now I think I over paid-but I can't complain, I did it to myself. Plus, I needed to be able to document a "value" and that seemed the only way to do it. I am going to try and rent mine out while attempting to sell.