• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Continental Airlines

gnipgnop

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone flown via Continental lately???? I've never used this airline but I see that they have best price for our trip from Pittsburgh to Aruba. I will check to see about any extra charges such as second piece of luggage, etc. But are they dependable, usually on time, and comfortable? :confused:

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Continental is much like the other major U.S. airlines. In other words, all of them have more and more issues related to on-time performance, crowded planes and declining service. As major U.S. airlines go, Continental is probably about on a par with the rest of them.

summervaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with Dave. It's fine. You get a ride to where you are going. My expectations of airlines are very low at this point so that is really my only criteria. I live in Minnesota so traditionally flew Northwest, and they used to provide decent service. Boy, has that changed!:annoyed:

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yea! I agree......they're probably all alike. I was just hoping that maybe there was still one out there you could trust. Although I really like Southwest....they do not travel to Aruba.......BUMMER! But thanks for your input.

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have traveled CO across the pond, and their service was average. I don't like their Newark gateway airport for connections. NW has the best services trans-Atlantic, but I will be switching to CO due to the DL takeover of NW. I have not flown CO to the Caribbean, but based on my TATL flight and my domestic connecting flights, I would have no problem with them on that route.

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
We flew them for the first time in over 20 years from Nashville to Vancouver in June on Delta frequent flyer tickets. They were at least average and maybe a little better. We had a couple of complaints, but no more than with other airlines I've flown recently.

It DID take several days and many phone calls for one of our lost bags to show up. Naturally it was the one that we needed the most. And they did delay all four of them initially.

Overall the actual flights were pleasant experiences.

Sheila

cissy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Leaved alot of time for any connections. We had to wait a considerable time for the shuttle between gates, and nearly missed our next flight. I personnaly did not think their service was adequate.

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
They're okay. Our closest airport is Newark, so we almost always end up flying Continental. Honestly, we flew quite a bit last year and we did have all good experiences with Continental. I think every flight was on time.

The only thing I really dislike about Continental is that the seats are tiny and the legroom is teeny. I swear their seats are vastly more uncomfortable than anyone else's. We flew to London two years ago and I felt like I was traveling in steerage. Miserable.

BTW, if you ever shop at ShopRite (the grocery chain), go to ShopRite's website and sign up for the free OnePass miles program. When you use your ShopRite loyalty card, you automatically get OnePass miles. So that's a good thing about Continental right there!

suskey

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am Elite on Continental..not because Ilike them, but our closest airport is Newark. The seats are tiny..AA has definitely more legroom. Other than that they are probably equal to the other major carriers. Noneof them are great these days.

Susan

Mimi39

TUG Member
Reaction score
We went from Pittsburgh to Panama two years ago on CO. We got a good price, but be sure you check the connection time in Houston. Our flight was a little late getting in from PIT and the connection time was so tight and we had to change terminals that we barely made it to the Panama flight.