• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

contacting SFX

fwd1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to get to speak to a SFX agent. I have been a member since June paid my $50 to be a Platiumn member and have never been able to call and speak to anyone. The number I am calling is 1-800 739 9969.
Every call is answered, you are being transfered to the answering service, no matter if I press 2, 3, or 4. I leave a message at 8:30 PT in the morning, do not leave the house and still at 5:00 PT I have not gotten an answer. This has been my experience every time I have tried to reach an agent at SFX.
There must be another way since no one else has complained of this. Please if anyone has tips of how to get to speak to someone would they share it with me.
Florine Daigle edd@centurytel.net

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Gee, I always get a person

I call around mid-day EST and always get a person. 1-800-739-9969, same number. Maybe try during regular 9-5 PST business hours instead of leaving a message? Sorry no other ideas. Good luck.

fwd1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info

Last Friday I tried;
12:25 CST 10:25 PST
3:45 CST 1:45 PST
4:45 CST 2:45 PST
5:55 CST 3:55 PST
Received an answer around 6:30 CST 4:30 PST and that person was not an agent so could not answer my questions. Today I made the other calls.
I was given an extension and used that also and still no person.
Florine Daigle

julieajr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Florine,

It's been awhile since I've used SFX, but I also never reached a person. I finally left a message and didn't expect a reply after the first day went by, but lo and behold a few days later someone called me with a possible exchange for what I had requested. They do seem to eventually get around to returning the call, but it can be very frustrating to wait. We did get a very nice exchange, but I feel they certainly could improve upon their customer service.

Julie

Jimster

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sfx

What kind of property are we talking here. If you want to talk to Ramona who specializes in Europe etc. It's extension 106. For Carribean and Mexico it's Elena extension 102 or 105. I am surprised however since I have never had any trouble getting someone there.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Have you accessed their webpage?

SFX is internet based and I think they prefer that members do their business through their account on the SFX webpage. On the webpage, you can make deposits and request exchanges, etc. I actually prefer this, because I can print a hard copy of everything - you can't document a phone conversation.

If you want to ask a question about SFX, a quick way to contact them is through their spokesman, Mark, on the Timeshare Forums website:

Mark@SFX

SFX website & email address:

http://www.sfx-resorts.com/index.htm
vacations@sfx-resorts.com

Last edited:

anne1125

TUG Member
Reaction score
I found that if I send an email, I get an email back in a few hours. No luck with anyone ever answering the phone.

Anne

ValDar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just yesterday I had a very different SFX experience. Had a request in for Cancun for almost a year, with nothing coming through. I called yesterday, did leave a message, and got a call back from SFX within a couple of hours. When I explained that yes, I did still really want to go to Cancun, they said they would work on it, and then called back within another hour or so with the exchange. It was fast, prompt, and courteous. Where or how they got the exchange I don't know, since it apparently wasn't in the system for a match before I called. Can't explain the difference in service, unless it is the individual agent who gets the call.

Kola

TUG Member
Reaction score
My experience with SFX has been that my e-mails have always been answered, some within hours, others the next day. Their system is not oriented towards direct phone service, so don't expect somebody just sitting there to take your call. Try to define your questions as precisely as you can and allow a reasonable time to develop an anwer. I have had phone calls from their agents when they had an alternative exchange option in the same area I had requested. I find that their web-based system has an advantage over phone conversations as it leaves me with a record as to who said what and when. I have no complaints as far as agents' courtesy is concerned, something I could not say about certain RCI and II reps who are unlikely to admit an error and can be stubborn beyond belief.

Kola

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
manuevering around the SFX website

Is there any way to search SFX for what's available? I hate waiting around to see if I get an exchange. I need one of two specific weeks either in front of or behind my Calif vacation in June. I don't want to travel to the west coast for just one week. I haven't heard anything at all and I don't know how to reach anyone either. I too have left messages and nobody has gotten back to me. I wonder if I am doing this correctly.

mlsmn

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have given up with SFX.

My experience has been that they don't seem to return calls, and if you lucky enough (happenened once ) to speak to somebody -they have no info and will let you know as soon as info is available.

email's are answered the same -we are working on it etc.

poor customer service

Last edited:

Jaybee

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why you're having such problems with SFX. They are understandably busy, and I usually find the extensions busy...not always, but someone always calls me back in a day or so. I find email more efficient and timely, too. As someone suggested, talking directly to Mark on TSForums is an excellent idea.
I'm sure there's no way to find out what's available at any given time, since they don't seem to have a lot of inventory lying around unused. I've gotten some amazing exchanges from them...that aren't limited to II or RCI, but they don't offer "play time" on the web as II & RCI do. SFX is a much smaller company, and very well run, in my opinion. Jean

Jimster

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sfx

I have never had any problems contacting SFX. They are always helpful and they do return calls. As for searching, you can't. That's just not the way it works. They aren't wrong or RCI isn't right. They just don't do it that way. When they have a match, they will call.

Kola

TUG Member
Reaction score
SFX Closed for X-mas Holidays

There is a notice on SFX website to the effect that their offices will be closed Dec. 23 to Dec. 26 incl. for X-mas Holidays.

Kola

dude-luv

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
SFX Responses

While SFX discourages phone contact and prefers that you use their website,
I often find the best results come from speaking with an agent. For requests using Mexico bonus weeks simply call and you will likely be successful. I have the following telephone contacts

Jennifer X100 The Boss
Scarlett X101 Hawaii
Alenna X102 NY
Lisa X103 Mexico
Ramona X106

Sometimes mistakes are made with the way things are posted with your requests. I often use this as an opportunity to call them, fix the mistake and ask them about other requests. They are very accomodating and personable. Sometimes circumstances change in a request. If you modify the request online your placement in the queue changes to the modified date. Not a good thing for trading power. I find that if you call an agent, you can modify your original request (e.g., perhaps the number of people in the exchange) without losing any trading value. I have had situtations where I request several consecutive weeks at the Mayan Palace and get them. Owners at the Mayan Palace can't even do this. SFX is exempt from the 1 in 4 rule at these resorts. Sometimes you think you will never get your request and then out of the blue a phone call arrives and you have Sloane Gardens or the Manhatten Club or the Embassy in Kauai. I am not sure of the best strategy or even how things work. To me, it seems that the squeaky wheel gets the results. Without badgering them, find a good reason to call them and then discuss other business. It took awhile before I realized that they actually get results (and I have tried other exchange companies such as RCI) that other exchange companies rarely get. Still, after more than a dozen exchanges, I not sure if the next request will happen. Have a Merry Christmas!!

Noelle

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mark from SFX via Timeshare Forums message board

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all,

I too have had mixed experience with SFX, but when they come through for you, they have some wonderful trades.

Mark from SFX monitors and responds to postings on the Timeshare Forums message board under a couple of different forums: SFX Exchange Opportunities, and Ask Sfx.

Mark is very responsive and has helped put focus on resolving difficult situations and has helped clarify aspects of exchanging, supply/demand and whether SFX will accept specific resorts.

You might want to give him a try and see if you can get some help from Mark the same Mark@SFX mentioned in DeniseM's 12/20 post above.

Very Best Wishes for 2006, Noelle :)

fwd1

TUG Member
Reaction score
SfX

SFX must have read the messages on Tug and I recieved an email from them.
I then sent a reply with the questions I was hoping to discuss with an agent on 12/21/05. Saw where the office was closed 22-26 so sent a copy of email on 27th and am waiting for an answer.
Was hoping to settle this through an agent and not have to involve anyone else.
Will post if I get reply.
May the New Year bring us all the dream exchange.
Florine