• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Consolidating Staroption Points into Single Account

mjned0614

Reaction score
I recently purchased 81,000 SVN Staroption Points (Vistana Villages) thru eBay (transaction hasn't closed yet). If I were to purchase additional points thru resale, how would I go about consolidating into a single account with SVN? Or is it automatic as long as they are owned under the same name?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
You can combine Staroptions from developer and resale purchases. It's automatic - you don't have to do anything. For lots of info. about how Starwood works, see the FAQ at the top of the forum.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
It may be better to consider that you brought the resort week (VOI) that has StarOptions associated with it. As you probably know, The only resale that has SOs are SVN Mandatory.

mjned0614

Reaction score
I bought a unit/week in the Bella section, which is listed as mandatory. New to SVN ownership. Not sure I understand the the real difference between buying points and buying a week with points associated with it. Aren't I allowed to use the points to schedule stays at other SVN resorts? If not, it wasn't the deal I thought it was.

squeeze

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought a unit/week in the Bella section, which is listed as mandatory. New to SVN ownership. Not sure I understand the the real difference between buying points and buying a week with points associated with it. Aren't I allowed to use the points to schedule stays at other SVN resorts? If not, it wasn't the deal I thought it was.

Staroptions and starpoints are not the same thing.
Staroptions are for Starwood Properties (resorts) and Starpoints are for hotels in SPG (Starwood hotels).

The sticky at the top of the Starwood forum is a wealth of information for new owners. Def. read through it to help understand what you bought and, btw, Welcome to the forum.:wave:

Last edited:

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
I recently purchased 81,000 SVN Staroption Points (Vistana Villages) thru eBay (transaction hasn't closed yet). If I were to purchase additional points thru resale, how would I go about consolidating into a single account with SVN? Or is it automatic as long as they are owned under the same name?

You will have a single account for all of your SVN timeshares as long as title is identical, so make certain that the deed will have all of the same owners, the same middle initials, same form of title (joint tenancy, tenancy in common), etc.

You say you are purchasing through eBay. The seller is probably using a captive escrow company; some of those companies are pretty sloppy. I would insist on seeing the form of deed they propose to use before funding the transaction.

It's much easier to take care of this before the deed is recorded rather than having to record a new deed later.

mjned0614

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I was referring to staroptions. I know there is a difference between points and staroptions. Not yet fully mindful of using the correct SVN terminology.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

Only 5 Starwood timeshares have Staroptions when you buy them resale. "Buying a week with Staroptions" means that you bought a resale at one of the 5 "mandatory" resorts.

As an owner, each year, you have the choice of either using your owned week, or using the Staoptions to make a Resv. at a different Starwood resort. That is the only way to use Staroptions. They can't be purchased separately from a timeshare deed - they are linked to the deed.

As others have said, the weeks you buy will all go in the same Starwood Acct. automatically. Even Starwood weeks with no Staroptions (voluntary resorts) will go in the same Acct. I have WKORV, SDO, & SVR in the same Acct.

Last edited: