• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Considering a Sheraton resell purchase

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
Congrats! You got lucky that it was done automatically. I’ve always added my 13 digit vistana member number on the transfer form and it was hit or miss if they actually did it or not.

I had to fight to get my last resale unit into my existing account. It took months but they finally did it. I’m now selling the unit so it probably would have been easier to keep it separate.
I wonder what the issue is then. Truly hit or miss.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I wonder what the issue is then. Truly hit or miss.
Yes, and I have added about six in the last year, but only 2 have totally separate logins that I had to set up myself.

What I don't understand with closing companies is that when you give them your names for deeding, and you are very specific about the name you want on the deed, and they put them in the wrong order (my name first, Rick's name second) than other deeds. They also add our middle initials sometimes. That messes everything up, like we are different people living in the same address and with the same email. We are just two people.

The constant website problems of Vistana is a sure indication that they have a lot of problems on their end. This isn't us.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The 13-digit number didn't exist until Abound. In the past I always provided one of my other contract numbers. The key is though, can you make reservations online. Just because you can see the VOI online doesn't necessarily mean all is right.

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
The 13-digit number didn't exist until Abound. In the past I always provided one of my other contract numbers. The key is though, can you make reservations online. Just because you can see the VOI online doesn't necessarily mean all is right.
Yes I made reservation online. Since Abound the system has been changing. I expect change to happen because of the interface between the 2 companies.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Yes I made reservation online. Since Abound the system has been changing. I expect change to happen because of the interface between the 2 companies.
Given it is a resale voluntary, it may not have the other issue I was alluding to. The issue with not being able to make reservations online is when using StarOptions on a Mandatory VOI. I think the issue of combining accounts is more a VSN thing than it is for voluntary resale VOIs.

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
Given it is a resale voluntary, it may not have the other issue I was alluding to. The issue with not being able to make reservations online is when using StarOptions on a Mandatory VOI. I think the issue of combining accounts is more a VSN thing than it is for voluntary resale VOIs.
Ah gotcha. So a mandatory VOI bought resale is not showing up on existing VSN accounts. That would make sense as they no longer want you to combine staroptions.

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got my resale purchase and it’s in my existing account. I used the 13 digit owner number on the transfer documents.
That's not the issue. My resale purchases are now in one single login account. The problem is that for some reason it won't let me actually book a reservation online. I can search, but once I click on the button to book, it gives me an error.

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
That's not the issue. My resale purchases are now in one single login account. The problem is that for some reason it won't let me actually book a reservation online. I can search, but once I click on the button to book, it gives me an error.
From the above discussion this maybe related to mandatory VOI’s. I had no issues booking a reservation online with my new resale . Granted it’s voluntary .

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
From the above discussion this maybe related to mandatory VOI’s. I had no issues booking a reservation online with my new resale . Granted it’s voluntary .
My VOIs are all voluntary, from my original retail to the additional resales added on later.

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
My VOIs are all voluntary, from my original retail to the additional resales added on later.
Hmmm then this maybe just a glitch then and needs to elevated. My second resale has not processed yet so let’s see what happens.

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hmmm then this maybe just a glitch then and needs to elevated. My second resale has not processed yet so let’s see what happens.
Oh, I've tried elevating it. I've corresponded with so many people via phone, email and chat that I've lost count. And every single one had no idea what the issue is, apparently I'm the only one they've heard of, and they all say they're forwarding my info to 'IT' to look into. Once they pull the IT card that's the end of the convo with that person and I never hear anything back or see any fix happen.