• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Considering a Sheraton resell purchase

Kottmar

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott, Westin
Good morning, pls feel free to direct me to links if this has already been asked/answered, I did a search but still had some questions.
I currently own Marriot and Westin deeded properties and am looking to add some points or a deeded week to my portfolio.
I found a Sheraton Vistana property that I am interested in. I read it will have a seperate log in, which is fine. My question is... will my deeded week just show up as an prop with an alloted amt of points I can use for booking on the vistana site or will it be limited to just other Sheraton prop.

For instance, I have two weeks at Westin Kaanapali north. If I want to use one of those weeks at another resort let's say in Kauai I just wait till the 8 mo booking window opens and I booked at that resort. Will I be able to do the same thing with this Sheraton prop?

Thank you for any help your provide. Have a good day

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
If you are seeking a Sheraton that comes with StarOptions, you need to limit your search to Vistana Villages -- Key West and Bella sections only. That will enable you to reserve at all Vistana timeshares at the eight month mark. Here is a brief guide: https://tugbbs.com/forums/threads/s...-to-timesharing-or-starwood-start-here.63224/ -- especially #9.

Because it will be a separate login, I am not certain whether you will be able to combine your new StarOptions with your existing holdings.

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good morning, pls feel free to direct me to links if this has already been asked/answered, I did a search but still had some questions.
I currently own Marriot and Westin deeded properties and am looking to add some points or a deeded week to my portfolio.
I found a Sheraton Vistana property that I am interested in. I read it will have a seperate log in, which is fine. My question is... will my deeded week just show up as an prop with an alloted amt of points I can use for booking on the vistana site or will it be limited to just other Sheraton prop.

For instance, I have two weeks at Westin Kaanapali north. If I want to use one of those weeks at another resort let's say in Kauai I just wait till the 8 mo booking window opens and I booked at that resort. Will I be able to do the same thing with this Sheraton prop?

Thank you for any help your provide. Have a good day
As alluded to by vacationtime1, it depends on the property you purchase. For resale purchases associated with Vistana, to be able to use Star Options to book at other resorts instead of your deeded week, you need to purchase at what's called a mandatory resort. That means that ownership there comes with mandatory membership in VSN, the internal exchange network that uses Star Options. If you purchase resale property at a voluntary resort, you don't get VSN membership and Star Options for that deed, even if the previous owner had it. To get a voluntary resale enrolled in VSN, you would then need to make a retail purchase directly from Vistana, the current rate is $10k for the first week, $5k for each additional that is being enrolled.

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
I learned that one key to having combined Vistana accounts for one login is to ensure each ownership is titled EXACTLY the same.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
I learned that one key to having combined Vistana accounts for one login is to ensure each ownership is titled EXACTLY the same.
I agree. Identical title on the various deeds has always been a necessary condition. The question (to which I do not know the answer) is whether that is still a sufficient condition.

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree. Identical title on the various deeds has always been a necessary condition. The question (to which I do not know the answer) is whether that is still a sufficient condition.
After numerous calls and emails late 2022/early 2023, I can tell you that the official line from VSN is no. However, with enough persistence, you can eventually get that overridden.

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
After numerous calls and emails late 2022/early 2023, I can tell you that the official line from VSN is no. However, with enough persistence, you can eventually get that overridden.
Especially if you include your 13 digit owner number is what I have read here on Tug

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Especially if you include your 13 digit owner number is what I have read here on Tug
I don't know that the 13 digit number is relevant here. That number is associated with Abound. Did you have a specific experience providing your 13-digit number and being successful merging VOIs into a single account?

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had provided my 13 digit number, and everything was titled the same, so that wasn't the holdup. They kept claiming that due to the new system they aren't allowed to combine newly acquired resale VOIs into existing memberships and that each time you get a new one you need to create a new, separate login. They gave me some lines about how merging new acquisitions into existing accounts wreaks havoc on the back end. I kept calling and emailing different departments and personnel and they all kept telling me no.

Then after several months, one day I logged into my original retail account login and the two resales that previously each had their own separate logins were suddenly there. No notice or acknowledgement from Vistana, they were just there.

But ever since then I now get an error message whenever I try to book with Home Options. I can search, but once I select a specific unit I get an error message that I have to call to complete the transaction due to having multiple memberships. So now for nearly two months I've been calling and emailing again, and so far nobody seems to know how to fix the issue.

HankW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SVV, WLR
I had provided my 13 digit number, and everything was titled the same, so that wasn't the holdup. They kept claiming that due to the new system they aren't allowed to combine newly acquired resale VOIs into existing memberships and that each time you get a new one you need to create a new, separate login. They gave me some lines about how merging new acquisitions into existing accounts wreaks havoc on the back end. I kept calling and emailing different departments and personnel and they all kept telling me no.

Then after several months, one day I logged into my original retail account login and the two resales that previously each had their own separate logins were suddenly there. No notice or acknowledgement from Vistana, they were just there.

But ever since then I now get an error message whenever I try to book with Home Options. I can search, but once I select a specific unit I get an error message that I have to call to complete the transaction due to having multiple memberships. So now for nearly two months I've been calling and emailing again, and so far nobody seems to know how to fix the issue.
This is still an issue. In December 2022, I purchased Aventura points to bring in a Bella resale. Today, on my dashboard, I can see and make a reservation on all points and weeks fine. Issues: [1]. The new 2022 Aventura points are not under my ownership (what I own) or maintenance fee screens. I understood that if I did not want to create a new ID, I must call to pay MF [2]. I cannot see a way to convert the new 2022 Aventura points to MVC usage. IMO, as long as I can make reservations using all the points/weeks I have, I am fine. Based on my current points, I can use my weeks and older Aventura points on any MVC location I would like to visit and keep using my new 2022 Aventura points exclusively in VSN locations. If I have to call to pay MF on the new 2022 Aventira points, that is something I am willing to accept for now. But this should not be the case, and it sure looks like Marriot does not want to spend money on a project to fix this doable technical issue impacting current VSN Owners acquiring resale and points. Let me add: Interesting that the Bella resale has full VSN visibility on my account but not the inside Aventura points purchase!

Last edited:

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This is still an issue. In December 2022, I purchased Aventura points to bring in a Bella resale. Today, on my dashboard, I can see and make a reservation on all points and weeks fine. Issues: [1]. The new 2022 Aventura points are not under my ownership (what I own) or maintenance fee screens. I understood that if I did not want to create a new ID, I must call to pay MF [2]. I cannot see a way to convert the new 2022 Aventura points to MVC usage. IMO, as long as I can make reservations using all the points/weeks I have, I am fine. Based on my current points, I can use my weeks and older Aventura points on any MVC location I would like to visit and keep using my new 2022 Aventura points exclusively in VSN locations. If I have to call to pay MF on the new 2022 Aventira points, that is something I am willing to accept for now. But this should not be the case, and it sure looks like Marriot does not want to spend money on a project to fix this doable technical issue impacting current VSN Owners acquiring resale and points. Let me add: Interesting that the Bella resale has full VSN visibility on my account but not the inside Aventura points purchase!
Have you escalated? 2022 Aventura points are developer purchase, so they definitely should be able to convert to Abound.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.

This is causing me grief right now. I have a couple of weeks I purchased in January via ebay, and they have their own logins as of now, but can I do anything with them? NOPE. I cannot pay fees ahead, I cannot book anything, I cannot do a thing with the weeks. To say I am fed up with Vistana and their new "limitations" is an understatement. These weeks are just deeded Sheraton Broadway Resort weeks, no mandatory options or anything.

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is causing me grief right now. I have a couple of weeks I purchased in January via ebay, and they have their own logins as of now, but can I do anything with them? NOPE. I cannot pay fees ahead, I cannot book anything, I cannot do a thing with the weeks. To say I am fed up with Vistana and their new "limitations" is an understatement. These weeks are just deeded Sheraton Broadway Resort weeks, no mandatory options or anything.
Yeah. I'm usually very patient in allowing companies the opportunity to make things right. I feel like I'm more forgiving than a lot of other folks. But the sheer amount of time and number of problems MVC and Vistana have put me through is slowly but surely evaporating my reservoir of good will. It is not infinite, even if it does take a while to drain it.

rcv82

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SMV
WKORV (OFD)
Westin Flex
MVC Trust
GTL
GP8
CWA

It is easier if the name matches exactly. But it is even possible if the title names do not match exactly, as mine do not, yet I was able to get them all combined. I have middle name on some, middle initial on others, and one is even jointly held. It took some persistence with owner services, but wasn’t too hard. The last time I did this was pre integration with MVC, so that may change things.

I do have two different corporate II accounts, one for the jointly held unit and another for all the other properties in VSN.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HankW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SVV, WLR
It is easier if the name matches exactly. But it is even possible if the title names do not match exactly, as mine do not, yet I was able to get them all combined. I have middle name on some, middle initial on others, and one is even jointly held. It took some persistence with owner services, but wasn’t too hard. The last time I did this was pre integration with MVC, so that may change things.

I do have two different corporate II accounts, one for the jointly held unit and another for all the other properties in VSN.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The key here is "pre-integration." Coming from an IT professional, I believe that at most, and not fully convinced, it is a technical issue used as some deterrence. I cannot wrap my head around being able to make reservations and see all my ownership on the account weeks/point balances screen, but I cannot see all I own on the What I Own screen or MF payment section—simply weird or straight manipulation.

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
I don't know that the 13 digit number is relevant here. That number is associated with Abound. Did you have a specific experience providing your 13-digit number and being successful merging VOIs into a single account?
I read on here that someone was able get them combined by putting that 13 digit number on the transfer request. I have 2 resales pending transfer so I will come back an update .

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
I had a resale transfer yesterday, and it landed in my existing account. I just tested it to see if I could reserve a 2024 week after reading this thread, and I was able to! What a relief.

I used one of my existing contract numbers on the transfer paperwork, and that number is six digits. Each of my VOIs has a six digit contract number, so I could have listed just one, or all of them.

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
The last time I did this was pre integration with MVC, so that may change things.
They specifically told me it was because of the integration and Vistana using a new back-end system. They also kept saying that at some undetermined time in the future, there would be a completely new system that would allow combining again.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
They specifically told me it was because of the integration and Vistana using a new back-end system. They also kept saying that at some undetermined time in the future, there would be a completely new system that would allow combining again.
We know combining can be done because some people have had their accounts combined. So we know it isn't a situation of they can't it seems to be more of a situation of they won't.

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
We know combining can be done because some people have had their accounts combined. So we know it isn't a situation of they can't it seems to be more of a situation of they won't.
Exactly. Mine were eventually combined, so I know from relatively recent experience that they still can. They just have something now that they try to use as an excuse not to.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Exactly. Mine were eventually combined, so I know from relatively recent experience that they still can. They just have something now that they try to use as an excuse not to.
It seems though that they still haven't synced up your VSN membership numbers? This seems to be what causes the issue when trying to book online. It used to be a very easy fix years ago, but who knows know. I suspect they have had a lot of "brain drain" at Vistana after the merger and have lost some knowledgeable staff.

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
It seems though that they still haven't synced up your VSN membership numbers? This seems to be what causes the issue when trying to book online. It used to be a very easy fix years ago, but who knows know. I suspect they have had a lot of "brain drain" at Vistana after the merger and have lost some knowledgeable staff.
Nope, still an issue. And so far every. single. person. I have communicated with has either said they can't do it or say they have no idea what I'm talking about. It's getting really tiring.

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
Nope, still an issue. And so far every. single. person. I have communicated with has either said they can't do it or say they have no idea what I'm talking about. It's getting really tiring.
Just got my resale purchase and it’s in my existing account. I used the 13 digit owner number on the transfer documents.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Just got my resale purchase and it’s in my existing account. I used the 13 digit owner number on the transfer documents.
Congrats! You got lucky that it was done automatically. I’ve always added my 13 digit vistana member number on the transfer form and it was hit or miss if they actually did it or not.

I had to fight to get my last resale unit into my existing account. It took months but they finally did it. I’m now selling the unit so it probably would have been easier to keep it separate.