• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Connecting a studio to RCI EXCHANGE

Inhislove

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Catalina Beach Club
Has anyone ever has luck separately booking a studio and getting it connected to a one bedroom obtained through RCI?

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever has luck separately booking a studio and getting it connected to a one bedroom obtained through RCI?
I haven't done it with RCI plus a direct reservation but I've done so several times with similar situations including booking on 2 separate accounts and linking them (we own both accounts), having a 1 BR then going to a 2 BR and having a 2 BR going down to a 1 BR. As long as you have the same EXACT room type (ie standard vs preferred at SSR), I doubt it'll be a problem assuming either the start or end day are the same. Do you have the exchange already? How would you book the second unit? The other problem I could see is that getting a direct cash reservation doesn't always match up to the room type. Once you have the exchange you can find out the view designation from DVC as well as make any requests directly. To match up for this situation you might have make requests through 2 different methods.

Now if you're talking getting a 1 BR and a studio through RCI and matching them up, that would be possible but more tricky. They'd have to be the same start date and view type but you'd be able to make all requests directly through DVC. And you'd pay 2 exchange fees and 2 extra $190 fees.

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've done it a couple of times and It is not easy for them to grasp. You have to call member Svs and have them link your RCI reservation to the studio reservation. Then when you get to the resort be prepared for the cast members to have no idea what you are talking about.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am in an RCI exchange right now and it does have a connecting room. So if you attempt it, you would need to do your homework on Touring Plans and be very specific about your room requests. On the ships they can link reservations so it has to be possible at the resorts.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am in an RCI exchange right now and it does have a connecting room. So if you attempt it, you would need to do your homework on Touring Plans and be very specific about your room requests. On the ships they can link reservations so it has to be possible at the resorts.
Certainly requests can be important but the most important for DVC is that it's the same exact room type including view type and for 2 exchange units, the same start date. They are notorious for being inflexible in such matters. They will not alter view, start date or location at all.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Now if you're talking getting a 1 BR and a studio through RCI and matching them up, that would be possible but more tricky.
It would probably not be possible with two exchanges, because studios never appear in RCI. It would have to be a 1BR through RCI and a studio via either cash or DVC points.

Inhislove

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Catalina Beach Club
Thank you all so much! We ended up getting two separate one bedrooms, and that works even better. Not worried about attaching those.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all so much! We ended up getting two separate one bedrooms, and that works even better. Not worried about attaching those.
Saratoga Springs? SSR has 2 view types and DVC is notoriously hard line about matching the view type of the deposit. Hopefully their not in different view types but if they are you could be separated by quite a distance.

Inhislove

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Catalina Beach Club
We actually ended up at OKW, and they are at SSR. Two couples plus kids actually works well in separate one bedroom units.