• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Congratulations Wyndham !!!

jdb0822

Reaction score
Well, ya did it. You raised fees 2,3,4, even 5x what they were. You found a way to take the resale value of a point all the way down to 1/4 penny or less (recent ebay sales). So, with developer points being .15/point, developer points are now 60x or more than the resale prices. Good job. Instead of adding value to owning Wyndham/Fairshare points, you found a way to substantially devalue them. Congratulations on that. just like Westgate morphed into Wastegate, you have made Wyndham morph into Wyndumb.

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey say what you want....I LOVE MY WYNDHAM...why

- I don't care about the resale price cause I plan to use my overpriced Wyndham for the nex 20 years and its still cheaper than it would have been for my to rent a condo/house for my vacations

- I love my flexibility and the fact that I get to go on vacation somewhere every month

- I refuse to get angry because a Timeshare isn't going to earn me thousands but give me thousands of vacations instead.

- Hey, and if I compare what I have to what some people paid for thiers resorts of choice resale... I think I am still on top in savings, convenience and flexibility.

Bill4728

Reaction score
Even with everything Wyndham is doing to piss off the owners, Buying Wyndham now is such a great deal that when we next buy ( :wall: like I need another TS.:wall: ) it will likely be Wyndham.

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Wyndham is a truae timeshare bargain but only at resale price

All they have really done is to make a great system one of the rock bottom lowest priced on resale. It unfortunately makes retail buyers foolish at best to have paid far too much but at least both groups get the use of a great resort system. The fees are minor if you paid resale to start with and not that bad even if you got nicked for retail. The Wyndham system is the most flexible and offers great resorts so, especially at resale, thanks Wyndham for getting us a GREAT bargain. Too bad you've most likely killed retail sales but thats your worry not ours.

(PS - You MAY want to take steps to get resale prices more in line with retail and NOT by doing more to devalue resales. That plan hasn't worked too well. Maybe it's time to help resale prices recover and then have retail actually be competitive. Or maybe you prefer to get out of new sales?)

PA-

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's not unlikely that Wyndham will be bankrupt and bought out by another company or investor soon, with their stock prices tanking and their sales flagging.

For approximately the same price as Cendant paid for Trendwest just 5 years ago, you can now buy Trendwest, RCI, Fairfield and Wyndham hotels.

Perhaps Wyndham on the resale market seems like a good deal, but consider this. It's very likely you can rent a Wyndham week from an existing owner for less than maintenance fees. Why own?