• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Confused with all the Royals in Cancun

abdibile

TUG Member
Reaction score
As they have great reviews on TUG, I am trying to check out the Royal Resorts while we are in Cancun.

Royal Sands did not impress me too much.

But I went into another resort at about Km 11.5 of the hotel zone that has a big sign "The Royal" on the side and at the entrance it says: "The Royal Cancun and Playa del Carmenn".

If I am not completely mistaken it is this one:

The Royal in Cancun Spa & Resort

http://www.realresorts.com/The-Royal-Cancun/

It has a great marble lobby and great pool area with very luxurious sunbeds, some of them right in the pool.

This is not one of the classic Royal Resorts, right?

Is it a timeshare at all and through which exchange company does it exchange?

I would love to go there on my next vacation as it seemss to be the nicest place I saw in Cancun.

Thanks!

buceo

Reaction score
You are correct, it's an AI, adults only timeshare that's not any part of the Royal Resorts. I think it does get good reviews, don't know who it trades with.

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The only "genuine" Royal Resorts in Mexico are:

1. The Royal Cancun (formerly known as Vacation Clubs International or VCI and Club International de Cancun - NOT the one you listed above which has a slightly different name)
  2. The Royal Sands
  3. The Royal Mayan (part of what is often called the "tri-Royals")
  4. The Royal Caribbean (part of what is often called the "tri-Royals")
  5. The Royal Islander (part of what is often called the "tri-Royals")
  6. The Royal Haciendas (in Playa del Carmen)

Info about all of them is available at royalresorts.com
None is AI
All trade through II

papeterie

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Sands has a distinctly different feel than the Royal Cancun, Haciendas and the Tri-Royals which also have their own personalities. The Tri-Royals are located across from the Captains Cove and you can get the feel of all 3-that is 2 km S of the Sands. The Royal Cancun is on the bay side of the Island, 2nd resort south of the bridge. If you were not impressed with the Sands, you would probably like the Tris and should also check out the Royal Cancun, which is at water's edge, lower, and a lot of plants and flowers. Have fun! Wish I was there right now...