• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Computer Will Not Stay Asleep

Ted

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought a new HP Pavillion with Vista and I had to stop using Screen Savers because it would not go to sleep as programmed. Now it will go to sleep but it wakes up regularly every 5 or 10 minutes and then after the programmed 3 minutes goes back to sleep only to wake up again on and on. I would appreciate any feedback on this. Thank you.:wave:
Regards,
Ted Wilson

Htoo0

TUG Member
Reaction score
There's people here who know way more about this stuff than I do but one possiblity is an anti-virus (or other program) which activates itself. I've personally had this happen.

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you tried giving it Ambien? ;) :)

Icarus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a similar problem on my laptop. However, I don't use a screen saver, I just use the power management settings in XP to turn of the screen.

The power management kicks in and turns off the internal screen and the external monitor and then it immediately wakes back up sometimes. Once it does that, it continues to do that until I "fix" it.

I don't know why it does that, but I find that it helps if the mouse cursor is on the internal screen and not on the external monitor. The other thing I've done is changed the power management settings to turn off the monitor after 1 minute to test it and see if it's working. Sometimes just changing that setting and hitting ok fixes it. Once it's working, I change the pm settings back to 10 minutes.

If none of that helps, you can try googling for your specific issue.

-David

isisdave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai
Is it on a local network? Check your network properties in Control Panel; your network card may have "wake on interrupt" or some such set ... so if another computer or even your router asks "anybody home?" your computer has to wake up to see who's knocking.

If it's not that, some other piece of hardware attached to it might be doing a similar thing.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a puppy.