• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Combining Multiple Wyndham Contracts

muskitties

Reaction score
I currently own a 154,000 point contract and I'm looking at purchasing another. I've recently seen one contract on ebay for 231,000 points that actually consists of two smaller contracts at the same resort with different use dates. Is there any downside to bidding on such a contract? Other than keeping track of the different use dates, does it really matter as long as the "price is right" on the contract?

Finally, will Wyndham automatically combine multiple contracts into one account with all my available points? Does Wyndham charge extra for this service?:doh:

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Having multiple contracts is no problem at all. There is a small fee for points packages under a certain amount (not sure what it is) but the only thing that you can't do with multiple contracts with different use dates is combine for APR during the period of time between one starting and the other ending, but that shouldn't be a problem since your contracts overlap

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham charge 100 per contract when transfer ownership. Otherwise, it is automatically put into one account, and automatically used based on which one expired first. If you need ARP, sometimes, you8 do need to track them, or told VC in advance which points to use. Otherwise, it is pretty seemless.

Jya-Ning

doublebubbls

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you call Wyndham after the contract has been transfered to you, they will switch use dates, one time free of charge for you. That way you can have all the same end of use dates the same, if you wanted

roset

Reaction score
Better to have one big contract or 2 smaller

So, does this mean that if you don't own enough points at a particular resort to book in the 13 month window for the unit you want, you can't use points from another resort to book it? or can you take 100K points from a resort you own to book in the 13 month window, but add another 100K from another resort to get a 2 BR instead of a 1BR.

If you want to make sure you always get a particular unit at a particular time at a particular resort by booking within the 13 month window (I know nothing is guaranteed), do you really need to own all the points you need to make this reservation from this resort.

Am I making sense?

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, does this mean that if you don't own enough points at a particular resort to book in the 13 month window for the unit you want, you can't use points from another resort to book it?
If you want to make sure you always get a particular unit at a particular time at a particular resort by booking within the 13 month window (I know nothing is guaranteed), do you really need to own all the points you need to make this reservation from this resort.

Am I making sense?

All are yes.

Jya-Ning

roset

Reaction score
DON'T change use years! You lose 3 to 9 months worth of points

What do you mean? Are you saying to now borrow from other years?

jgtragesser

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why buy additional points???...

Why buy additional points???... you can rent points from Wyndham or from other owners and have the points transferred into your Wyndham account... you use the points exactly as you use your owned points except for the ARP (ie. 10-13 month reservation) privilege...

You don't tie up financial assets with the initial purchase... you don't commit to on-going annual maintenance fees... you don't complicate your estate with real estate transfer transactions... Joe Tragesser... jgtrageser@yahoo.com ...

acesneights

TUG Member
Reaction score
DON'T change use years! You lose 3 to 9 months worth of points

What do you mean? Are you saying to now borrow from other years?

If change from April to January use year, you pay 21 months of MF for 12 months worth of points. Of course WYN will love to take your money for nothing!

Stan