• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Combining HHhonors Accounts

Kendall in Texas

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are in the process of buying into HGVC. My wife and I both have HHonors accounts. Can we combine them? Can we both be on the same HH account? How do the rest of you married HGVCers handle this to maximize point earning and usage?

MichaelColey

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palace View Branson (4 Lockouts), Grandview (Points), CMV (UDI), DVC (SSR 25)
I don't think you're supposed to both be able to use the account (except through a long-discontinued "Mutual Fund" benefit), but if the reservation is in the primary account-holder's name and the spouse is listed on the reservation, I doubt you'll have a problem checking in (and getting elite benefits) most places.

The one catch would be that you can only earn elite credit from one hotel on any given night, so if you and your wife were both staying in separate places, you would just get elite credit for one of those stays.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
You may be able to combine the accounts.. When we purchased our first week from HGVC, they added my wife to my HHonors account. That was long after they discontinued the mutual fund benefits.

We were told that was only allowed for HGVC owners.. Sort of makes sense that people on the deed would have access to the hhonors account associated with the HGVC membership.

Not sure if this policy applies to resale purchase or is reserved for those "lucky" enough to buy direct from HGVC...

azdave

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think you're supposed to both be able to use the account (except through a long-discontinued "Mutual Fund" benefit), but if the reservation is in the primary account-holder's name and the spouse is listed on the reservation, I doubt you'll have a problem checking in (and getting elite benefits) most places.

The one catch would be that you can only earn elite credit from one hotel on any given night, so if you and your wife were both staying in separate places, you would just get elite credit for one of those stays.

HGVC owners are able to utilize the mutual fund benefits. Just make sure both your spouse is listed on the ownership. HGVC will email you a
Mutual fund form upon request and can you determine which honors account you would like to remain open.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
HNVC members can have joint accounts (mutual funds)... Since a jointly-owned HGVC is linked to a single account for converting points (if you must) and for the "silver"-tier benefit. We had our individual accounts merged into our joint-HH account.

The only snag we found is that, when booking a room with HHonors points, the reservation is only under one name (not both), and if the "primary" or first-name is not going, you must manually list the other account-holder as a guest, so they can check-in on their own.

MikeinSoCal

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, being HGVC owners and my wife not having a hhonors account, can I sign her up for an account, rack up some points on some cc reward deals and then merge her account with mine?

Sounds like a good plan, if I can pull this off. I don't know if Hilton will see our HGVC account and disallow me from doing this.

Citibank is currently offering 75K points for a $2k spend:
Citi Hilton HHonors

MichaelColey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palace View Branson (4 Lockouts), Grandview (Points), CMV (UDI), DVC (SSR 25)
Very nice. Does anyone know if the Mutual Fund remains active after the timeshare is sold? And is it good for resale as well? (Must resist. Don't need another timeshare.)

itradehilton

TUG Member
Reaction score
HNVC members can have joint accounts (mutual funds)... Since a jointly-owned HGVC is linked to a single account for converting points (if you must) and for the "silver"-tier benefit. We had our individual accounts merged into our joint-HH account.

The only snag we found is that, when booking a room with HHonors points, the reservation is only under one name (not both), and if the "primary" or first-name is not going, you must manually list the other account-holder as a guest, so they can check-in on their own.

So very true, They had the gall to ask me where my husband was like it was 1920 and I needed permission to travel without him. I was just a bit irked. Now I just had them my HH card and tell them I have a reservation.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
They had the gall to ask me where my husband was like it was 1920 and I needed permission to travel without him.

I discovered the "primary name only" issue with HHonors when my DW went to visit a relative in a distant hospital. Even though it was a joint account, to get her name on the confirmation, I had to add her as a "guest."

If I was not using points, I could'a booked a room in her name, and then added the HHonors account # later.

Last edited:

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Does anyone know if the Mutual Fund remains active after the timeshare is sold? And is it good for resale as well?

I dunno what a sale would do to the joint HH-account -- haven't tried it, yet -- but AFAIK it remains intact -- otherwise they'd have to apportion the points.

Joint resale buyers also get a joint HHonors account... its an integral part of your HGVC account. They'll send each of the buyers a HH welcome kit with a membership card that has the same account #.

Last edited:

ccwu

TUG Member
Reaction score
My husband and I have a few Hilton Honer Amex surpass card to earn extra HHoner points. when you apply, they usually give you 40,000 HHoner points plus 12 points for spending on Hilton. We use the card to pay maintenance fee. every time when you apply, they gave you a new HHoner number. We had to call to change it to our old HHoner number. So it seems there is no problem changing or transfer points from one account to another.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
So, being HGVC owners and my wife not having a HHonors account, can I sign her up for an account, rack up some points on some CC reward deals and then merge her account with mine?

If her name is on your HGVC deed as a joint-owner, then it's already on the HH-account that's linked to your HGVC account... or it should be. You may want to check with HHonors to make sure her name is on it. She (or you) can apply any new CC bonus to the joint-account simply by listing it when signing up for the CC.

MikeinSoCal

TUG Member
Reaction score
If her name is on your HGVC deed as a joint-owner, then it's already on the HH-account that's linked to your HGVC account... or it should be. You may want to check with HHonors to make sure her name is on it. She (or you) can apply any new CC bonus to the joint-account simply by listing it when signing up for the CC.
Nice! :cheer:

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score

Wow... This is more valuable then you can imagine. My wife recently traveled without me and I was a little pissed I couldn't give her the diamond benefits because we had seperate accounts and the HGVC was linked to my account. I just contacted them to get this combined for the future and get all the points combined. My ownership just became even more valuable (unless my wife leaves me... at which point....)

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
My ownership just became even more valuable (unless my wife leaves me... at which point....)

... Nothing to worry about... Your travel perks will protect you. ;)

Last edited:

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just as an update, they just sent me the form. .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
As a followup. The combination has now occured.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: 41,520 points - Coylumbridge, Flamingo, Elara, Trump, 2x Boulevard
Has anybody combined their Hilton accounts when both spouses P1 and P2 already have some points on the account, are both Surpass/Aspire cardholders, and have free night certificates on the account? Does the P2 need to contact Amex and update the HH number to P1's? What happens with total nights accumulated in a year, do they combine? Are two spouses eligible for Lifetime Diamond, if all requirements are reached?

4TimeAway

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbrisa, Kohala
Has anybody combined their Hilton accounts when both spouses P1 and P2 already have some points on the account, are both Surpass/Aspire cardholders, and have free night certificates on the account? Does the P2 need to contact Amex and update the HH number to P1's? What happens with total nights accumulated in a year, do they combine? Are two spouses eligible for Lifetime Diamond, if all requirements are reached?
I'd call them.

A year ago they told me you could pool the points. The free nigths could be transferred. I've had success using my Amex/HHonors for wife's checkin. Use my card to book pay and add her to checkin notes. YMMV. Only one person gets the nights, but I haven't seen much benefit in that once you have status.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: W. 57th, Vegas Strip
DVC: Boardwalk Villas, Beach Club villas
I'd call them.

A year ago they told me you could pool the points. The free nigths could be transferred. I've had success using my Amex/HHonors for wife's checkin. Use my card to book pay and add her to checkin notes. YMMV. Only one person gets the nights, but I haven't seen much benefit in that once you have status.
If the accounts are truly joint, then the status, nights, etc. apply to both people. It does in our case with a joint account.

Cheers.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
If the accounts are truly joint, then the status, nights, etc. apply to both people. It does in our case with a joint account.

Cheers.

yes, so if you get an Aspire AMEX CC, you both will get Diamond status.