• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Combine RCI Points and Weeks

Reaction score
I am considering purchase of an RCI points timeshare and RCI Points membership. If I purchase an additional RCI Red week TS that is not in the points program later on, can I change it over to points and add it to my account. If so, (1) What is the charge by RCI (2) Is it up to the resort wheither or not they will let me (3) If they agree to let me change it, will they also charge me a fee (4) Would the fees be one time only or every year (5) Is there any way of finding out how many points it would be worth before I purchased it. Thank you for your help.

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
michaelsmalley,

Please see my responses below:

michaelsmalley said:
I am considering purchase of an RCI points timeshare and RCI Points membership. If I purchase an additional RCI Red week TS that is not in the points program later on, can I change it over to points and add it to my account. If so,

(1) What is the charge by RCI

If you use Points-for-Deposit, the fee is now $26 USD / $30 CD per deposit.

(2) Is it up to the resort wheither or not they will let me

Points-for-Deposit is an RCI program.

(3) If they agree to let me change it, will they also charge me a fee

If the resort later offers complete conversion to Points, a conversion fee will apply that is set by the resort.

(4) Would the fees be one time only or every year

Conversion fees are generally charged only one time.

(5) Is there any way of finding out how many points it would be worth before I purchased it.

To see what the current grid point values are for Weeks-only resorts, you can check here. If the resort later offers points conversion, specific point values will be assigned.

dcmoony

Reaction score
Madge, Be careful with your answer you gave for #2
(2) Is it up to the resort wheither or not they will let me

Points-for-Deposit is an RCI program.
Silverleaf Resorts have a deal with RCI where the owner can not deposit his week into the RCI points for deposit program.

Reaction score
No way Silverleaf

Thanks for the post. I know about Silverleaf and their PFD policy. I will NEVER buy a Silverleaf property for just that reason. They have property on Table Rock lake near Branson that would work great for me (only 2 hrs away). However, I've heard too many negative reports about Silverleaf Management. I have also been told that only the owner can use their week at Silverleaf. In otherwords I can't let my son and his wife use my week unless I personally go there, show ID and sign in, then turn around and go home. I was almost to the point of buying a week at their Ozark Mountain Resort when fortunately I did some research. Now I know why the resale market is so cheap for their properties.

Mike S.

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mike S.

dcmoony is correct to point out that there is one resort club that does prohibit its owners from using Points-for-Deposit, and that is Silverleaf's. I know of no others currently.

wbtimesharer

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a question on the grid. If you have a weeks member ship, how far out do you have to deposit to get the points, 30, 45, 90 days? Does the value decrease if you deposit as you get closer to the date. Is there a calculation for that.

Thanks

Bill

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bill,

If your deposited week's start date is at least 90 days away, you receive full point value. At 89-46 days it's 75%, 45-30 it's 50%, and under 30 no points are available.

Last edited:
J

JoeMid

Madge said:
Bill,

If your deposited week's start date is at least 90 days away, you receive full point value.
At 61-90 days it's 75%,
89-46 it's 75%,
45-30 it's 50%,
and under 30 no points are available.

That doesn't make sense.

wbtimesharer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Madge,

So 90 and above = 100%
61 to 89 = ?
45 to 60 = 75%
30 to 45 = 50%

Is the 61 to 89 also 75% or do the last two bracket % slide down?

Thanks
Bill

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Bill,

There is actually no cutoff at 60 days. The breakdowns are as follows:

90+ days = 100%
89-46 days = 75%
45-30 days = 50%
29 days or less = 0%